Special Tunnel Walk for the UT game

I don't know for sure but the NE ANG unit is a refueling squadron so I don't know why they'd be using an advanced jet trainer...

I'm guessing if it is T-38's they're probably from Randolph AFB near San Antonio or Sheppard AFB near some small town...

And don't you mean the F-117 stealth? If so, unfortunately that plane has been retired.

We are an air refueling unit, but they have these little dart-shaped planes like the T-38 as well. Not sure why we have them (maybe so we have planes to fly to help train the fueling unit?), but I know they're part of the local operation. They talked about them on a tour I took of the base a while back, but I can't remember for certain what the plane was called. Plus I see them flying around nearly every day. Some of those pilots like to open up the throttle on the way up and it makes a nice sound. And by nice I mean really, really loud.

Just got ahold of my cousin for a couple minutes and they are indeed flying T-38's. There will be 4 planes in formation flying, and they are trying to figure out the timing problem. They are going to have a couple co pilots with two or three of the jets to see if that helps at all. Anyway cant wait for the game, flyovers always get the crowd fired up!!! :woo

:bigredn:

Just got ahold of my cousin for a couple minutes and they are indeed flying T-38's. There will be 4 planes in formation flying, and they are trying to figure out the timing problem. They are going to have a couple co pilots with two or three of the jets to see if that helps at all. Anyway cant wait for the game, flyovers always get the crowd fired up!!! :woo

:bigredn:

Second only to the Tunnel Walk, flyovers are my favorite part of Husker games.

I don't know for sure but the NE ANG unit is a refueling squadron so I don't know why they'd be using an advanced jet trainer...

I'm guessing if it is T-38's they're probably from Randolph AFB near San Antonio or Sheppard AFB near some small town...

And don't you mean the F-117 stealth? If so, unfortunately that plane has been retired.

Vance AFB in Enid still has -38's as well. I see them all the time beating the pattern here at Tinker.

It's unfortunate it's only T-38's if that is the case. -16's or -15's would be much more impressive.

Flyovers ? seriously? :horns2 What time will they be doing it then? I live by the staduim I'll have 2 try and take some pix of the flyover

They are doing the flyover right after the band plays the national anthem (hopefully). Its really hard to get the timing right but nonetheless flyovers are the sh!t!!! Oh and they fly from the north to the south, so just be looking north while the band is playing and you should be able to see them coming.