Dear Children of the Corn (Part 2)

Hercules

Sorry if this has already been posted someplace else...

It makes no sense to pick Texas to win Saturday, which is why I'm picking Texas to win Saturday. Beneath your undefeated start, there are cracks in your armor. Did T-Magic really just throw the ball seven times against Kansas State? Seven? Hmmm.

Did T-Magic have a reason to throw the ball more than seven times against KState?

Let me see here...

Nebraska was only 6/10 for 136 yards passing.

KSU was 19/27 for...wait for it...135 yards passing.

Heh.

And oh by the way. UCLA had 27 yards passing. :corndance

It gets better - in the first half UCLA had 2 completions for 5 total yards.

A 1 yard TD pass and a 4 yard completion on 2nd & 17.

If you're worried about the game (and really, really bored) - check out the play by play for the Texas-UCLA game that was in Austin.

I realize this doesn't mean much for Saturday but...

There are good reasons Game Day went to Madison.

This sort of garbage is what bothers me about sports writing these days. 1191 words and he doesn't have anything interesting to say about why his team may win, only a gut feeling that they will because we didn't pass against KSU and Texas has nothing to lose. Texas does have something to lose. If their season doesn't turn around and they end up in the New Era Pinstripe Bowl or no bowl at all, people will lose their jobs. I'm sure there's already a few on the ropes.

And 13-12 sounds just about right.

12? So the Whorns are gonna hold us to 4 FGs. Or maybe they block 2 extra pts? What a stupid prediction. From an asshat Whorn.

It was the score of the game last year. Not a prediction, just an insult.

Yeah. The guy is predicting 13-12. Like last year. And predicting UT over NU 13-12 makes about as much sense as predicting Iowa St will beat us 9-7, also last year’s score. The Husker offense this year bears no resemblance to that of last season. No resemblance at all.

I like the way the writer sets everything up for a no-lose situation for texas. Texas has a lot to lose in this game. Mack's first 3 game skid, a possible disaster of a season with games against osu, texas A&M still on the slate...ksu too right ;)

So texas media can continue to pretend like they have nothing to lose but we all know a big loss to Nebraska would have a lot of people up in arms. It reminds me of our 2002 season. Going into the Texas game i knew we had a chance. I wasn't worried about a blowout...I wanted to win. Texas (and their fans) really want this game.

getting blown out is always a big deal. we need to beat them worse than we beat ksu. we have to destroy them and make a statement. a close win is not good enough (although, i am always happy with a win).

Right there, if we blow them out we made a statement to everyone that we are serious title contenders and have the ability to beat anyteam put in front of us. But ya a Win is a Win.