Ubben's Score Prediction

bbeerma2

"No. 5 Nebraska 31, Texas 14: I don't feel great about this pick, but if you remove all the tough-to-assess, intangible aspects of this game, this is what I think happens. Mack Brown-coached teams after a bye week and after playing Oklahoma are scary, but I still expect Taylor Martinez to break at least one or two big runs and gash the defense for plenty of 5- to 8-yard runs. An angry Nebraska team that -- regardless of what they'd like to tell the media this week -- remembers last year's game and what should be a raucous crowd may cancel out some of Texas' urgency for a win and preparation over the past two weeks. "

Mack Brown-coached teams after a bye week and after playing Oklahoma are scary, but I still expect Taylor Martinez to break at least one or two big runs and gash the defense for plenty of 5- to 8-yard runs.

Often an overlooked part of our running game, I think it's these 5-8 yarders that are gonna be the difference-makers on our most crucial drives. Runs like this give us a huge advantage on 3rd downs b/c we're so much more likely to convert on 3rd & 2 than 3rd & 7, especially against a D like Texas.

"No. 5 Nebraska 31, Texas 14: I don't feel great about this pick, but if you remove all the tough-to-assess, intangible aspects of this game, this is what I think happens. Mack Brown-coached teams after a bye week and after playing Oklahoma are scary, but I still expect Taylor Martinez to break at least one or two big runs and gash the defense for plenty of 5- to 8-yard runs. An angry Nebraska team that -- regardless of what they'd like to tell the media this week -- remembers last year's game and what should be a raucous crowd may cancel out some of Texas' urgency for a win and preparation over the past two weeks. "

Ubben's got a good point.

Two good points if you include the one on his head:

dm_100824_ncf_big_12_preview.jpg

If we win, would everyone prefer a complete blow out or a last second Henery kick for the win? I am hoping for a blow out.

The only way I'd want to win on a last second Henery FG is if the time "ran" out but the officials reviewed the play and added 0:01 back.

Other than that, I'm hoping we absolutely destroy them. I want Texas demoralized after the 1st qtr. A blowout of epic proportions would suit me.

If we win, would everyone prefer a complete blow out or a last second Henery kick for the win? I am hoping for a blow out.

Easy, BLOWOUT!!!

I was telling my boss this week, I really like "stress free" games. Plus, most of those last second games lately have gone the wrong direction. I'd prefer a 45-6 beatdown to be honest.

dm_100824_ncf_big_12_preview.jpg

That's what I'd call a low blow, nuance. Similar to this...

Low%20Blow_1.jpg

That's what I'd call a low blow, nuance. Similar to this...

Low%20Blow_1.jpg

Yeah. I’d get a 15 yard flag on that one. But Ubben has taken a few shots at the Huskers over the years too. :)

Here's what I think:

Mack Brown is 12-0 in the first game after OU... Flush that down the toilet

Mack Brown is 7-1 against the Huskers... Flush that down the toilet

Texas is 3-2 this year and on the verge of an identity crisis, and the Huskers are playing together as well as any of the top three teams in the country.

Doesnt matter if UT goes up early 10-0 for whatever reason, when the dust settles the Huskers will win by more than 4 touchdowns. BANK IT chuckleshuffle

Here's what I think:

Mack Brown is 12-0 in the first game after OU... Flush that down the toilet

Mack Brown is 7-1 against the Huskers... Flush that down the toilet

Texas is 3-2 this year and on the verge of an identity crisis, and the Huskers are playing together as well as any of the top three teams in the country.

Doesnt matter if UT goes up early 10-0 for whatever reason, when the dust settles the Huskers will win by more than 4 touchdowns. BANK IT chuckleshuffle

i actually locked up who they play after OU, usually it is a north bottom feeder. plus, they get 1-2 losses a year, so what is their record after ttu, aTm, and so forth. they use really dumb stats that are not indicative of anything.