I guess we know Crick is going pro....

Believe what you want to believe but I expect Crick to be in the NFL next year.

You mean the NFL that won't be playing next year due to lockout?

Do me a favor and don't stop by the 49ers message board. There is a few hundred die hard fans wallowing in the misery of an 0-5 start with their only glimmer of cheer coming from getting Andrew Luck next year in the draft.

Your news might push them over the edge.

We'll see, won't we?

Yeah. But like I said earlier, even if Crick goes pro, I'm not worried about our defense. We'll have a lot of guys back, and a lot of talent.

The checkbooks might not allow for a lockout:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5681923

The owners are more aware of those numbers than anyone else, yet they are the ones who have pushed this situation to this point. I don't think an ESPN article is going to change their minds at this point.

That's the way the cookie crumbles....would love to see him stay but if he doesn't I wish him the best of luck. Bo will reload his Defense no matter who leaves or stays. The next hungry guy who wants it will step up and earn his blackshirt...Until then I hope Crick has one hell of a game against Texas :bonez Lets finish the season strong boys and then worry about who what where and when.

We'll see, won't we?

Yeah. But like I said earlier, even if Crick goes pro, I'm not worried about our defense. We'll have a lot of guys back, and a lot of talent.

I'm not worried about the defense either. That wasn't what I was saying it all.

I was just saying that I think Crick will go pro. Can't say that I blame him.

I think some are reading too much in to a quote without context. The entire article is about the emotions surrounding the last meeting with Texas in the Big 12. Crick said "Our mindset stays the same," meaning they're not getting caught up in the emotion of the last meeting with Texas, because "[f]or me and a lot of the guys, it's the last time we're playing anyway."

Obviously, he doesn't literally mean this is the last game they're playing ever. He's saying this game is the last time any of the JUNIORS or SENIORS expected to play Texas anyway. It's an ever other year rivalry remember.

I think he meant to say its the last time they play Texas, or the last time their playing in the Big 12.

But I could be wrong.

Yes, this is being twisted. His meaning is this is the last time we/NU are playing Texass anyways, so emotions run high.

Jared is a legit 1st or 2nd rounder if he leaves, but I think SUH showed the blueprint for making dollars as a top 5 pick when you come back as a

senior on a ridiculous defense. BOOM!!!!!

Plus, he is not a senior and the writer didn't do enough fact checking on that point.

I think some are reading too much in to a quote without context. The entire article is about the emotions surrounding the last meeting with Texas in the Big 12. Crick said "Our mindset stays the same," meaning they're not getting caught up in the emotion of the last meeting with Texas, because "[f]or me and a lot of the guys, it's the last time we're playing anyway."

Obviously, he doesn't literally mean this is the last game they're playing ever. He's saying this game is the last time any of the JUNIORS or SENIORS expected to play Texas anyway. It's an ever other year rivalry remember.

Texas wasn't on the schedule last year either. I'm sure Crick remembers having played them though.

I'm not going to try and translate what he said. I read it as a clear cut. I wasn't trying to twist my own views onto his comments when I titled this thread. I read it and said "oh, well, I guess Crick has made up his mind after all"..

Obviously others disagree and that's fine. I just want to make it clear my intentions were not to misrepresent his words.