I guess we know Crick is going pro....

if he does leave early, i wish him the best but he is not doing himself any favors if he wants to be at his best as a nfl prospect.

Are you joking? He is already a 1st rounder, cash that lottery ticket. I never understood guys like Tebow, McCoy, Bradford, Gresham. Those guys all had lotto tickets and every one of them took incredible punishment their senior years almost costing them security for the rest of their lives. Suh is the exception not the rule, anytime you have a chance to take the money you do it. In the case of McCoy, Gresham and Tebow you could argue they actually cost themselves money. Bradford got lucky.

you are comparing apples and oranges, quarterbacks and defensive linemen. there is a big difference between the development and potential of a d-linemen and a qb.

Crick is already a first rounder. To me the risk of injury outweighs any sort of developement he may gain.

i do not necessarily think you are wrong, but i think crick's development would improve exponentially with an extra year under the pelini brothers. qb's are different, they peak with their skill and then they need nfl experience to improve. d-lineman can still learn a lot in college because the game is not as different for d-linemen in the pros as it is for qbs. crick can continue to improve on technique and strength, could be playing at an optimal level (such as bradford junior year) and will not improve until they move up to the nfl.

all i am saying is, if i was crick, i would want to be coached by the pelinis for as long as i could. but it is a risk, and maybe it would be better to be anxious to move up to the next level. it is very idiosyncratic.

I think he meant to say its the last time they play Texas, or the last time their playing in the Big 12.

But I could be wrong.

I think you are exactly right. To say something like that this early in the season would be downright arrogant. Furthermore as stated above he is no where near where Suh was for comparisons sake.

Downtown, the Nebraska Bookstore has been selling a T-shirt that says, "All My Ex's Live in Texas." Underneath, in smaller type, is added, "Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Colorado & Iowa."

From Ivan Maisel's article here. Anybody seen these shirts around? Funny stuff.

Btw, this is the same guy who thinks Crick is a senior; I hope he knows that Iowa is not in the Big 12 ... but you never know with these guys.

Crick hasn't shown me or the world yet why he should leave after his junior year. Right now I haven't been to impressed with Crink and think he should be jump it up a notch and play more physical. Hopefully he'll start tomorrow and his stats/performace will improve.

I think there was a quote from Crick over the summer saying something similar . . . I'm taking it at face value. Believe what you want to believe but I expect Crick to be in the NFL next year.

Exactly. I guess I'm confused as to how others are dismissing it. Seems fairly cut and dry to me. If it was a quote from someone (say an actual senior like Pierre Allen) and mistankingly credited to Crick, then okay.

But otherwise, it was Crick saying this is his last season as a Husker. I'm not going to speculate on why he would say it, but he did.