CFN's Week 7 Final Thoughts

GSG

- I’ve carried enough water for John Brantley over the last 12 months and I’m done saying he’s a more talented NFL player than Tim Tebow. He has to start showing why he was such a highly touted prospect, and that starts with making the team his against Mississippi State. You’re the starting quarterback at the University of Florida. Play like it.

-- That goes for you, too, Garrett Gilbert. Enough. Start playing better, and I don’t care that it’s Nebraska on the road in a lion's den game. You’re the starting quarterback at the University of Texas. Play like it.

- Don’t just assume that Texas gets its doors blown off. The defense is going to give Taylor Martinez a very, very bad day, but the Longhorn offense won’t do enough to pull off the win.

- While an upset at Nebraska isn’t likely, I have a sneaking suspicion that Texas will look like a totally different team than the one that lost two straight before the break.

- Texas-Nebraska: The Longhorns have put the “loss” in DeLoss Dodds this year. Nebraska, on its way out of the Big 12, now gets its chance to use a one-finger gesture in response to the two-fingered “hook ‘em!” gesture. Don’t wear Burnt Orange in Lincoln this weekend if you value serenity.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1012168.html

- Texas-Nebraska: The Longhorns have put the “loss” in DeLoss Dodds this year. Nebraska, on its way out of the Big 12, now gets its chance to use a one-finger gesture in response to the two-fingered “hook ‘em!” gesture. Don’t wear Burnt Orange in Lincoln this weekend if you value serenity.

I wish these idiots would stop projecting their feelings on us. We just don't behave like this. :facepalm:

It's like the rest of the Sports nation WANTS to see some bad sportsmanship from us NU fans this week. Yes we were pissed. Yes we want to win the game. But at what cost to the image of Nebraska football and our fanbase does that come? I will be disappointed if we hear of a lot of incidences, it wouldn't surprise me, pero I do think Texas fans will come away with more good to say than not. Here's to hoping for a clean game and a SOLID Nebraska win.

It's like the rest of the Sports nation WANTS to see some bad sportsmanship from us NU fans this week.

You are absolutely right. They'll have a story to sell for years if we behave like hooligans tomorrow.

We are Nebraska. We have a code of conduct forged over decades to uphold. If someone doesn't like it they can go be a fan of another team. Kansas State is looking for more fans.

It's like the rest of the Sports nation WANTS to see some bad sportsmanship from us NU fans this week. Yes we were pissed. Yes we want to win the game. But at what cost to the image of Nebraska football and our fanbase does that come? I will be disappointed if we hear of a lot of incidences, it wouldn't surprise me, pero I do think Texas fans will come away with more good to say than not. Here's to hoping for a clean game and a SOLID Nebraska win.

+1

Husker Fans have always avoided the temptations of lowering our standards and becoming just another crazed fan base of idiots. We've been to the top of the pinnacle and near the bottom in the Callahan years. We rise to the occasions of "Big Games" and win or lose we stand proud. This game isn't any different then our last "big game". We are Husker Nation and by that we are above being rude to our adversary.

Be Loud

Be Proud

and win or lose,

Remain Dignified!

GBR!!!

• Fire 1

It's as if they haven't had any practice time this year so the magical bye week is going to revolutionize their team. Didn't they start camp in August like everyone else? What the hell could be so revolutionary in the past 12 days? Did they suddenly remember where they'd hidden the "good" playbook?

I expect Texas to come out and punch us in the mouth tomorrow on sheer will, but I also expect Nebraska to be up to the challenge and simply roll over Texas with little doubt or panic.

GBR