It's a no win situation.

Not that i care, i dont, just win baby. But a thought came to mind today after reading more and more about Texas fans all but throwing in the towel and everyone picking Nebraska to control this game. It is a no win situation for us in the eyes of national perception. Even if we win big, it's a against a Texas team that is down on the road in hostile environment bla bla bla. If we lose, well, we know the disasterous consequences that would have. Now minus that we win this game in a 50-10 fashion, what do some others think. I see excuses for Texas and that we were just over obsessive with one game on the schedule. OR.... has the tide finally turned and most are back on the big red bandwagon.

Win first, then worry about the politics. It's setting up nicely for us IF we don't stumble against UT, OSU, aTm and get a CCG against an undefeated OU. But this program under Bo has always stumbled at some point. So the tension remains... Should be a good rest of the season. Just F'in BEAT TEXAS, then they can be deemed irrelevant but not until we beat them.

Win first, then worry about the politics. It's setting up nicely for us IF we don't stumble against UT, OSU, aTm and get a CCG against an undefeated OU. But this program under Bo has always stumbled at some point. So the tension remains... Should be a good rest of the season. Just F'in BEAT TEXAS, then they can be deemed irrelevant but not until we beat them.

You say it as if you are faulting Bo for this. Every team stumbles each and every year. It's not a 'Bo' thing. It's a college football thing. Also, Bo hasn't had an actual good team yet. He finally does.

• Fire 1

You say it as if you are faulting Bo for this. Every team stumbles each and every year. It's not a 'Bo' thing. It's a college football thing. Also, Bo hasn't had an actual good team yet. He finally does.

Yep, what Bo has accomplished in such little time is just flatout amazing. How he got a competent defense in 2008 out of the 2007 wreckage will always be over my head. Now is his 3rd year and NU is very, very close to being bigtime BACK. Thank God we have him.

I think the stumble, came in game 4 against SDST. I think it showed what a good team can do, even when nothing seems to be going right. I would like to think those stumbles you refer to, are not going to plague this program any longer. If we get beat, it will mean now or down the road, that the other team was better. This is a very good Nebraska team, that is only going to get better. I can't see this team beating themselves.

BEAT TEXAS!!!!! :throwdabones1::bonez

GBR!!!

yeah right... this is/was supposed to be the biggest game on the schedule. look at our schedule, cover up october 16th and tell me what you see. I'll tell you what you see... a schedule that holds no weight on a nation level really.

If you cover up this game right now the schedule shows games against 2 unbeated ranked teams in Okst and Missouri.