What we learned today

1. No matter how wide open you are, dropping the ball makes you look foolish

2. Shawn Watson may have been possessed by the spirit of Bill Callahan for a better part of 2 quarters

3. Hang time isn't important during onside kicks

4. Roy Helu can be added to the "can't produce against good defenses" list. He seemed to be looking for a place to fall.

2. Shawn Watson may have been possessed by the spirit of Bill Callahan for a better part of 2 quarters

Actually, hang time is important for onside kicks, the distance you get it past 10 yards is not. What we learned:

1) Taylor Martinez is not as bad as his stats show today, but nowhere near as good as he was against KSU

2) Our defense is not as good as last year

3) Bo Pelini is learning, but is not the best coach in the country, and not top 5 either

4) We all hate Texas

5) We still can win the Big 12 and win a BCS game

Dropped passes cost us the game.

Not the playcalling.

Not the QB play.

Not the onside kick.

Not the officials.

Not the early fumble.

Not the lackluster defense.

Dropped passes cost us the game. Let's be clear about that.

I'll agree except about the officials. They didn't call a lot of holding calls. The PI against Prince was a weak ass call. They didn't call PI's against our receivers. The refs absolutely sucked today.

As a team and as fans, we learned a little humility today. NOTHING is a sure thing. That's the lesson.

Didn't we learn that lesson against Texas Tech last year? Or against Iowa State last year? Or against South Dakota State this year? Or, like 8000 other times in the history of Nebraska football?

Not the playcalling.

Not the QB play.

Not the onside kick.

Not the officials.

Not the early fumble.

I'll agree except about the officials. They didn't call a lot of holding calls. The PI against Prince was a weak ass call. They didn't call PI's against our receivers. The refs absolutely sucked today.

Didn't cost us the game.

• Fire 1

One other thing that I would ad is: When you replace a Qb that running is his strength, for a QB that passing is his strength Why in Gods Name would you keep running the F-ING Zone Read? I know that our recievers were dropping the ball which is inexcusable, but having Zac come in and run the F-ING ball is even more inexcusable. Taylor could have finished this game the same way. Why even take him out? Now we have a freshmen that has lost even more confidence because of the coaching staff. Sorry that is NOT how you get your F-ING spark!!!!!

One other thing that I would ad is: When you replace a Qb that running is his strength, for a QB that passing is his strength Why in Gods Name would you keep running the F-ING Zone Read? I know that our recievers were dropping the ball which is inexcusable, but having Zac come in and run the F-ING ball is even more inexcusable. Taylor could have finished this game the same way. Why even take him out? Now we have a freshmen that has lost even more confidence because of the coaching staff. Sorry that is NOT how you get your F-ING spark!!!!!

yeah i don't get that. I thought Taylor did ok except for the fumble. Supposedly he was missing the reads on the zone read, but if those passes are caught he looks like a heisman contender.

Not the playcalling.

Not the QB play.

Not the onside kick.

Not the officials.

Not the early fumble.

Agree, but you have to admit the refs were questionable at best

i taped the game.... but i dont think i can bear to watch i am sooo sad....... its a real bummer this would have been soo huge for us.... but maybe its another kick in the pants we need... i worry a out OSU a bit... hope we dont play with an lingering let down attitudes......

most of all i am still proud of our team coaches and fans.... the season is still got a long way to go and a lot can happen... i think we've got a great RSF QB who is gonna take us a long ways in four year....

never get too far ahead of ourselves... when we do that we open the door

and i am still proud of our guys