MU vs OU?

Everyone has been talking about the next two weeks and how we can beat two ranked opponents and by doing that get back in the Top 10. I understand OSU because they are ranked ahead of us I believe in the BCS but OU plays MU this weekend and I am hoping OU wins and keeps winning until the Big 12 CCG. But if MU loses would they still be ranked? It seems people are forgetting that MU has to play OU this week. Also if for some reason OU loses that would hurt us for the CCG if we make it having OU undefeated would be a better win if we win the Big 12. Thoughts?? :bonesflag:

I am not taking it for granted I, but I believe that this team will bounce back and win the next two games because historically Pelini’s teams play better in the second half of schedule it’s like it takes a half season and it clicks or something. I just hope they take this loss learn a lot from it and mainly how to catch and block and they will be fine. I do hope that this week some new receivers are given at least a shot to prove themselves instead of Paul sit him on the bench a bit maybe just maybe it will open his eyes that when it is right in the bread basket u catch it! Have faith…GO BIG RED! :throwdabones1:

It seems like you are taking a lot for granted. Currently MU is representing the North in the CCG. Even if NE wins this saturday and MU loses (a very likely scenario I admit as MU is 3pt home dog and NE is a 6pt road whore) we would still have the same conference record. In other words, if you want the CCG you have to take it back from MU on Oct 30th.

Of course, lets say we both lose this weekend, but then we beat MU the following week, we'll be tied with MU, but own the tiebreaker.

It seems like you are taking a lot for granted. Currently MU is representing the North in the CCG. Even if NE wins this saturday and MU loses (a very likely scenario I admit as MU is 3pt home dog and NE is a 6pt road whore) we would still have the same conference record. In other words, if you want the CCG you have to take it back from MU on Oct 30th.

How good is Illinois?

How good is Illinois?

Not very good at all. I'd put them on par with Colorado. Just like CO found a bone against Georgia; Illini got their one quality win over Penn State. The only reason I call that a quality win is because it was by 20pts on the Nittany Lion's home turf.

How good is washington?

Here come the trolls...

How good is Illinois?

Not very good at all. I'd put them on par with Colorado. Just like CO found a bone against Georgia; Illini got their one quality win over Penn State. The only reason I call that a quality win is because it was by 20pts on the Nittany Lion's home turf.

How good is washington?

Better than Illinois, San Diego State, Colorado

Everyone has been talking about the next two weeks and how we can beat two ranked opponents and by doing that get back in the Top 10. I understand OSU because they are ranked ahead of us I believe in the BCS but OU plays MU this weekend and I am hoping OU wins and keeps winning until the Big 12 CCG. But if MU loses would they still be ranked? It seems people are forgetting that MU has to play OU this week. Also if for some reason OU loses that would hurt us for the CCG if we make it having OU undefeated would be a better win if we win the Big 12. Thoughts?? :bonesflag:

No offense but I can't understand our fans worrying about ranked teams staying ranked and assuming we will beat them and be rushed to the top of the polls. We LOST worse than the score to an unranked team that lost twice with one coming to a not very talented ucla team. We are unlikely to sweep our next two opponents. The offense was exposed by not just Texas but also sdsu. Texas has a terrible offense. OSU has a very good offense. We could be down a bunch before you know it down there. I don't think their defense is too good but if they have speed equal to sdsu, they can take away the run.

Missouri for a change has a good defense. I don't think we can run crazy on them. The good news is that I think their offense plays to our strength. I predict it will be a close game and if we don't control our fumblitis, we'll be on the short end of a low scoring game.

I don't think misery can beat ou, but I am only concerned now that we will win either game.

If we lose them both there will be a post on here worrying about what our opponents do in other games and how that will allow us to win the ccg and go to a bcs bowl. We are far from a great team, may not even be a really good team. "Just win baby" should be all we worry about at this point.

Here come the trolls...

If you are calling me a troll it probably means I'm not doing a very good job of getting my point across. I'll try to do better.

I agree that was a quality road win for Nebraska. I'd put it on par with MU's performance at College Station this weekend. Both very tough enviroments against mediocre football teams. MU/NE are actually very similar to this point in both their strength of schedule and the outcomes. I'd say they will be even more similar after this week. Both teams cleaned up their Non-Con. However, BOTH had bad home performances against a team called SDSU. Both will have played the big boys at home and lost*. Both will be 2-1 in conf and 1-0 in the North*.

*I'm assuming that MU loses to OU this weekend and NE wins.

We could very easily lose to both Oklahoma State and Missouri. It all depends on which team shows up. Will it be the Washington/KSU team, or the SDSU/Texas team?

Flip a coin, ladies and gentlemen. That's the team we have this year. I have lost all confidence in our ability to win. I will not be shocked if we knock off the #1 team in all the land. That's what this team is.

Buckle up.

Here come the trolls...

If you are calling me a troll it probably means I'm not doing a very good job of getting my point across. I'll try to do better.

I agree that was a quality road win for Nebraska. I'd put it on par with MU's performance at College Station this weekend. Both very tough enviroments against mediocre football teams. MU/NE are actually very similar to this point in both their strength of schedule and the outcomes. I'd say they will be even more similar after this week. Both teams cleaned up their Non-Con. However, BOTH had bad home performances against a team called SDSU. Both will have played the big boys at home and lost*. Both will be 2-1 in conf and 1-0 in the North*.

*I'm assuming that MU loses to OU this weekend and NE wins.

One thing I've learned in life is never assume. After this weekend I think there is a bunch of Husker fans on the edge of their seats. I am not saying MU is a better football team but I do believe they are better disciplined at this point. Mu will play OU close and tough...As for Neb. we will see what team shows up.

We could very easily lose to both Oklahoma State and Missouri. It all depends on which team shows up. Will it be the Washington/KSU team, or the SDSU/Texas team?

Flip a coin, ladies and gentlemen. That's the team we have this year. I have lost all confidence in our ability to win. I will not be shocked if we knock off the #1 team in all the land. That's what this team is.

Buckle up.

Dead on Knapplc...I could not agree more. This 2010 team is a crapshoot...we are good enough to beat the number one team in the country and we can play bad enough to lose to anybody. I personally think we bounce back :throwdabones1:

Buckle up.

Actually, I'm not really all that surprised by how our team is performing this year. Whenever a team starts a freshman QB, they have to be ready for a roller coaster type season. Even Frazier lost to Iowa State his freshman year. If Martinez is what we think/hope he is, we have to have confidence that the team shakes this off and takes care of business. While we more than likely are completely out of the NC hunt this year, every other goal can still be met. If we win out from here, we're still Big 12 Champs and playing in a BCS bowl. It sucks leaving the Big 12 as Bevo's bitch, but it is what it is. I still wouldn't be shocked to see us meeting Texas again in the Big 12 Championship Game.

Buckle up.

Actually, I'm not really all that surprised by how our team is performing this year. Whenever a team starts a freshman QB, they have to be ready for a roller coaster type season. Even Frazier lost to Iowa State his freshman year. If Martinez is what we think/hope he is, we have to have confidence that the team shakes this off and takes care of business. While we more than likely are completely out of the NC hunt this year, every other goal can still be met. If we win out from here, we're still Big 12 Champs and playing in a BCS bowl. It sucks leaving the Big 12 as Bevo's bitch, but it is what it is. I still wouldn't be shocked to see us meeting Texas again in the Big 12 Championship Game.

We will not see Texas again...they are not that great of a team this year. If it was Oklahoma saturday the way we played I think we would have gotten smoked. Texas played really well against us and we played horrible on both sides of the ball and only lost by 7.