The reason this team will not live up to expectations.

epocSoN

we have BO. he is our leader!.... i agree with you. no one particular person has stepped up at any given point, put this team on his shoulders, and carried us to victory. Im not sure if someone wants to step up and take that challenge. we need someone to be the leader and give this team an identity.

We have no leader. Taylor is a great talent, but not a great leader (if at all).

When we find a leader, we will exceed expectations for the first time in a long time.

So would you have created this thread had Nebraska won? Would a better leader at QB help our receivers catch the ball?

• Fire 1
"Taylor acted like a true leader," starting tackle Jeremiah Sirles said. "He came out to practice, took his reps. He didn't say a word about (the Texas game) to me. I haven't heard him say a word about it to anyone else. I think he just learned from it like the rest of us did, and he's going to come back just as strong.”

http://huskerextra.com/sports/football/article_8f9d1692-db18-11df-877b-001cc4c002e0.html

He might not have been acting like a leader when he was "allegedly" poo-pooing on the sideline after getting yanked, but he must be some kind of team leader.

"Taylor acted like a true leader," starting tackle Jeremiah Sirles said. "He came out to practice, took his reps. He didn't say a word about (the Texas game) to me. I haven't heard him say a word about it to anyone else. I think he just learned from it like the rest of us did, and he's going to come back just as strong."

http://huskerextra.c...1cc4c002e0.html

He might not have been acting like a leader when he was "allegedly" poo-pooing on the sideline after getting yanked, but he must be some kind of team leader.

has anyone seen LEE poo pooing?

"Taylor acted like a true leader," starting tackle Jeremiah Sirles said. "He came out to practice, took his reps. He didn't say a word about (the Texas game) to me. I haven't heard him say a word about it to anyone else. I think he just learned from it like the rest of us did, and he's going to come back just as strong.”

http://huskerextra.com/sports/football/article_8f9d1692-db18-11df-877b-001cc4c002e0.html

There's a lot of football left to be played. Let's not let our performance vs Texas dictate how the rest of the season goes. Saying "this team will not live up to expectations" is quite a statement to make at this point. Obviously there's room for improvement at the QB position, the WRs, the Dline, etc, etc, etc. There isn't a single team in this country that doesn't have room for improvement. We have one loss, and some of our biggest games are still on the docket. So let's take it one game at a time, and see how these guys respond.

"Taylor acted like a true leader," starting tackle Jeremiah Sirles said. "He came out to practice, took his reps. He didn't say a word about (the Texas game) to me. I haven't heard him say a word about it to anyone else. I think he just learned from it like the rest of us did, and he's going to come back just as strong."

http://huskerextra.c...1cc4c002e0.html

has anyone seen LEE poo pooing?

If I was him I would be pissed too. He did everything the D gave him and his team did not help him by finishing the plays. Don't give me this that Lee hasn't "Poo Pooed" or whatever or that Lee would have done better in that game. Texas defended Lee completely different. They didn't have to spy him because he is NO run threat, and any disiplined D can stop him. If Taylors passes were caught he would have looked like a stud that can now throw too, and that would have also loosened up the D as well.

To be honest I am really surprised that Helu hasn't been playing more of the leader role this year. Plus there has been players quoted saying that Taylor doesn't need to be a vocal leader he leads by example. Not all QB's are as vocal as Tebow, and this doesn't make them bad leaders just different.

i was just stating that lee hasnt complained openly about being benched. i didnt say that we would have won if he would have played the entire game... i do however think that bo was enamored with tmart because his d couldnt stop him and thought that he was the best player for this new offense. i also believe that if we were running an offense that wasnt one dimensional that we could win alot more games. now granted the receivers did drop balls that should have been caught and that may have changed the outcome of the game, but the play calling with both tmart and lee was not good. if they were going to continue running the read option, leave tmart in there because he is the best athlete to make playes for the offense. while tmart was in there a more balanced offense is needed for both running and passing to be successful.