Why I like our chances this week

We are a top 5 team and everyone will remember that after Saturday.

You lost to unranked UT....at home. UT can't even beat ISU or UCLA.

You've got a good team, but don't try and convince anyone that you are without question a top 5 team. It will be a good game, I doubt anyone is going to dominate.

Mizzou is being extremely over hyped and for some reason people have forgotten about Nebraska. It will definitely be a good game.

Josh Freeman never beat us and Blaine Gabbert never will. The curse of the de-commit.

Stewart Mandel agrees with the OP:

I do respect the Tigers -- so much so that I picked them to beat Oklahoma -- and I love the Spartans' no-frills, smash-mouth offense. But do I think they'll run the table?

Actually, I'm inclined to think neither will be undefeated this time next week.

Coming off a program-defining win that coach Gary Pinkel described as "gigantic" (the Tigers hadn't beaten Oklahoma in his tenure, including Big 12 title-game blowouts in 2007 and '08), Missouri must turn around and visit No. 14 Nebraska (6-1). The Huskers shook off their Week 7 loss to Texas with a 51-41 win at Oklahoma State, in which Taylor Martinez showed that yes, he can throw (23-of-35 for 323 yards and five touchdowns). Defensively, the Huskers will present a tougher challenge for Mizzou quarterback Blaine Gabbert than did Oklahoma.

Thats pretty funny, 95% I despise Mandel

Why I like our chances:

OU has something like 9 TRUE freshmen in their two deep defensively.

If Landry Jones hadn't thrown that INT I really think that game is very different.

We just out-shot the best offense that we are going to see all year with legit future first round draft picks at WR and RB.

Mizzou didn't not start to run the ball on OU until late in the game when they were trying to eat the clock. Make no mistakes, the pass is their bread and butter. They are not nearly as balanced as OSU. I like our chances giving Bo a week to prepare for a pass-heavy defense.

Mizzou's defense just took a hit with one of their DT's breaking his ankle. They are also very undisciplined. They have athletes on defense but you can definately tell how poorly coached they are because they never stay in their lanes when they are blitzing, or pass rushing. It will take one QB draw from TMart to show them that they have to be more disciplined than that to beat us.

Yea That :yeah

I guarantee a win if we come out and start the game with urgency. If we move the ball on O and are able to make Misery press to move the ball we will be fine.

Every game we have come out to quick starts(all on the road unfortunately) the game was always ours to lose. Just getting a lead, whether a lead on the scoreboard or a lead in field postion, early on will guarantee us a win.

So early on, no TOs, move ball and get points(of any kind) which will allow us to dominate field position, and make Misery go 12-14 plays for FGs(maybe a TD sprinkled in) guarantees us a win. GBR!!