Why I like our chances this week

Even though we beat Okie St this weekend, I get this feeling that the loss to UT, that vengenance still hasn't been exacted. We beat Okie St, but there wasn't a sense of closure, the "ok, we're getting some payback". I didn't notice it, until later, when the wife came home asked me if we'd won the game, and I said "yea". She looked at me and said, "you sure don't look like it".

It almost had the feeling of we were in a bit of a trap game, even though we'd lost the week before.

I may be in the minority in this, but I like where we're catching Mizzou. They'll be coming down after their big win, so we may be able to catch them.

That being said though, I am weary of their defense, which may be better than their offense. I think if we pound the rock, relentlessly, and I mean even some no huddle zone read stuff, we could wear them down. If their defense can be broken, then it could be a long afternoon for them.

As porous as our D's been past couple weeks, I think it's going to be time for them to step up. We also can't be only sending the front four. Thats what bothered me last week. We need to bring more guys, try to knock him on his ass on a consistant basis, and not give Gabbert the time he needs.

I think the key to the game is every husker fan showing up in black or gold to convince our players it's an away game. Also, a few purchases of sticky tack for the receivers would help.

As porous as our D's been past couple weeks,

:facepalm:

Okie State gashed us for some points, but Gundy knows offense like Bo knows defense. I did not expect them to be held under 21. I don't know when the last time they were held under 21. The fact that we got out of Stillwater with a win is a great sign.

I can't agree with catching Missouri in a down game after their win. I know it happens to teams, but I just don't see it here. We're on our way out of the conference and Missouri pretty much hates us - they'd love to beat us in Lincoln for the last time. So yeah, they'll be bringing their best game.

Just like we were going to be bringing our best game against UT as well right?

Did our defense really play THAT much better in the second half against Okie State? Not really. Our offense ate clock up.

Both of these things happened. The defense played much better and the offense ate clock.

In the first half we held them to three-and-out in their first possession. OK State then had six straight possessions where they either scored immediately or sustained drives.

In the second half, the Pokes went three-and-out on three of their five possessions. That's a heck of a lot better percentage.

You caught me with your statistics. I agree the defense did play a lot better in the second half. They only gave up one meaningful touchdown, since that last minute one didn't really matter. The offense didn't give them much time to rest in the first half so that could be a reason for the 27 points given up.

Why I like our chances:

OU has something like 9 TRUE freshmen in their two deep defensively.

If Landry Jones hadn't thrown that INT I really think that game is very different.

We just out-shot the best offense that we are going to see all year with legit future first round draft picks at WR and RB.

Mizzou didn't not start to run the ball on OU until late in the game when they were trying to eat the clock. Make no mistakes, the pass is their bread and butter. They are not nearly as balanced as OSU. I like our chances giving Bo a week to prepare for a pass-heavy defense.

Mizzou's defense just took a hit with one of their DT's breaking his ankle. They are also very undisciplined. They have athletes on defense but you can definately tell how poorly coached they are because they never stay in their lanes when they are blitzing, or pass rushing. It will take one QB draw from TMart to show them that they have to be more disciplined than that to beat us.

Okie State gashed us for some points, but Gundy knows offense like Bo knows defense. I did not expect them to be held under 21. I don't know when the last time they were held under 21. The fact that we got out of Stillwater with a win is a great sign.

So, giving up almost 500 yards in total offense (not too mention 200 yds by their running back), doesn't constitute "porous"???

Ok, then riddle me this, what does?

Gundy knowing offense has nothing to do with our defensive line getting beaten like Brock Lesnar's face.

So, giving up almost 500 yards in total offense (not too mention 200 yds by their running back), doesn't constitute "porous"???

Ok, then riddle me this, what does?

At what point were they porous against UT? There was not a time.

Look, we did not play great against Okie State. To say we did would be ignorant. But to say that we were porous is an overstatement in my opinion. What was the number Knapplc? 3 and out on their first 5 possessions in the second half? We played well enough to win against the best/most balanced offense that we will play all year. There is not a team left on our schedule that is as good offensively as they are.

I watched most the OU game on tape via ESPN3. OU played that game much like we played the Texas game. Laid an egg, crapped the bed, etc, etc.

I did notice that OU had 300 yards of O in the first half. They made a lot of mistakes and gave up a TD on special teams. Stoops going for 2 when they are down 9??? Bad move in my opinion. This is with 6 minutes to go. This forced an onside kick which they bungled badly.

He is calling timeouts like Tiger Woods calling some lady friends. They are down by 9 with 3 minutes to go and trying to call screens and their O line is getting beat badly. 4 and 10 down 9 points and punt with 2 minutes to go. Why didn't they just walk off the field at that point.

Blaine seems to play the dink and dunk game a lot. 13 receptions and only 130 yards. That means they didn't really stretch the field. Bo and staff will be able to address that and if NU plays physical football NU should be able to roll this top 5(BCS) team. This is the same team that needed a late TD to beat a team from San Diego. I think most will find extra motivation with Mizzou and the whole decommitment of a couple Mizzou players.

Prediction: NU 35 MU 21

Some thoughts on the OU-MU game

OU has something like 9 true freshmen in their 2 deep on defense.

OU is around 80th in the nation in total defense.

OU is around 90th in the nation against the pass.

Couple that with a few youthfull mistakes and you have what you had yesterday; an OU team that never matched MU's intensity and one that was clearly outmatched experience-wise.

So you see, you almost have to take the OU-MU game with a grain of salt.

Even though we beat Okie St this weekend, I get this feeling that the loss to UT, that vengenance still hasn't been exacted. We beat Okie St, but there wasn't a sense of closure, the "ok, we're getting some payback". I didn't notice it, until later, when the wife came home asked me if we'd won the game, and I said "yea". She looked at me and said, "you sure don't look like it".

It almost had the feeling of we were in a bit of a trap game, even though we'd lost the week before.

I may be in the minority in this, but I like where we're catching Mizzou. They'll be coming down after their big win, so we may be able to catch them.

That being said though, I am weary of their defense, which may be better than their offense. I think if we pound the rock, relentlessly, and I mean even some no huddle zone read stuff, we could wear them down. If their defense can be broken, then it could be a long afternoon for them.

As porous as our D's been past couple weeks, I think it's going to be time for them to step up. We also can't be only sending the front four. Thats what bothered me last week. We need to bring more guys, try to knock him on his ass on a consistant basis, and not give Gabbert the time he needs.

I think the key to the game is every husker fan showing up in black or gold to convince our players it's an away game. Also, a few purchases of sticky tack for the receivers would help.

:yeah

All you crazies who think it'd be cool to do a B******... Well, the time has come.

Also, we should be loud when the offense is on the field, and stay quiet with the defense on the field.

:yeah

All you crazies who think it'd be cool to do a B******... Well, the time has come.

Also, we should be loud when the offense is on the field, and stay quiet with the defense on the field.

Better yet, just give all your tickets to actual MU fans. I'd be happy to take them off your hands. I won't even charge you much. I promise you our fans will do our best to simulate a hostile road environment.

:locked:

Why i'm liking our chances? I'm watching Bo's show right now and he just seems tickled pink about what went on down there. Obviously what happened with our D does not have him seriuosly concerned and he is happy with the direction of the team. that's good enuff for me.

Agreed, if Bo is confident and happy then I'm confident and happy. Keep up the good work fellas.