Has a Visiting Team's fans..........

I've not heard of visiting fans tearing down goal posts. But a couple of years ago after Duke beat Northwestern on the road the Duke students stormed their own empty field back in Durham, North Carolina and tore down their own goal posts. Pretty weird, huh?

I think we did this after the 94 Nat Champ game, didnt they march the goal posts up and down O street? I know after the 95 game we ran to the stadium and the posts had been taken down by security....

Only thing close to this was when I and a couple others "stormed" the A&M field in 2002 in a drunk fueled bender. Got tackled/assaulted by a corp member, got in the OWH, Omaha late news, A&M student newspaper. Some NU school detective came to my frat to speak with me, confiscated my video of the event and asked if I wanted to press charges. (declined that)

After the initial "run" and some of the players helping me out of that jam some A&M coach picked me out and said I started it all. Had 1 hand in cuffs before they decided to release me to my family standing about 2 feet away. The unwritten rule is that A&M grass is sacred stuff and no one can stand on it. (IMO-bunch of BS since I have never heard that crap until that night) Got lucky that I did not have to spend the night in jail like my other buddy for bringing in booze to the game. Unfortunatley, for him we had to leave for Houston and he had to stay in Bryan(ghetto part of College Station).

This event did not repeat in 2006 (we did take a group picture after the game though on the grass!) and I have no plans of repeating that in 2010.

Would this by chance be you?

corppuncher5vl.jpg

Yes, that is me getting ripped a new one by a corp member who hit another fan over the head with his sword (other dude had to have stitches). What is not in the photo is what happened beforehand and why I am on the ground trying to get up. Not a moment I brag to much about while in Houston. Funny thing was that after I took my first job after college in 2006 a month later my boss's brother (works with us) found that picture and several other stories and was very curious about the experience.

edit: can not believe this picture is still accessible on the internet.

Here is where I found it. And here is an article talking about the entire incident that night. It's amazing what a little Google can do.

By the way, the caption for your picture said you're "an evil Nebraska fan"

Only thing close to this was when I and a couple others "stormed" the A&M field in 2002 in a drunk fueled bender. Got tackled/assaulted by a corp member, got in the OWH, Omaha late news, A&M student newspaper. Some NU school detective came to my frat to speak with me, confiscated my video of the event and asked if I wanted to press charges. (declined that)

After the initial "run" and some of the players helping me out of that jam some A&M coach picked me out and said I started it all. Had 1 hand in cuffs before they decided to release me to my family standing about 2 feet away. The unwritten rule is that A&M grass is sacred stuff and no one can stand on it. (IMO-bunch of BS since I have never heard that crap until that night) Got lucky that I did not have to spend the night in jail like my other buddy for bringing in booze to the game. Unfortunatley, for him we had to leave for Houston and he had to stay in Bryan(ghetto part of College Station).

This event did not repeat in 2006 (we did take a group picture after the game though on the grass!) and I have no plans of repeating that in 2010.

Would this by chance be you?

corppuncher5vl.jpg

Yes, that is me getting ripped a new one by a corp member who hit another fan over the head with his sword (other dude had to have stitches). What is not in the photo is what happened beforehand and why I am on the ground trying to get up. Not a moment I brag to much about while in Houston. Funny thing was that after I took my first job after college in 2006 a month later my boss's brother (works with us) found that picture and several other stories and was very curious about the experience.

edit: can not believe this picture is still accessible on the internet.

Here is where I found it. And here is an article talking about the entire incident that night. It's amazing what a little Google can do.

By the way, the caption for your picture said you're "an evil Nebraska fan"

Ha ha! I dub thee "Evil HuskerinHouston." :)

LOL I hope not...if so, they would be surrounded by about 70-75,000 pissed off home team fans waiting on them to exit.

When I was in Lincoln in 2008 for the Missouri-Nebraska game, there were more Missouri fans in the stadium at the end of the game than Nebraska fans. We shut that place down.

Kind of like last year in COMO, huh?

LOL I hope not...if so, they would be surrounded by about 70-75,000 pissed off home team fans waiting on them to exit.

When I was in Lincoln in 2008 for the Missouri-Nebraska game, there were more Missouri fans in the stadium at the end of the game than Nebraska fans. We shut that place down.

Kind of like last year in COMO, huh?

Buh-zing.

No, they haven't. And no, they won't in this case. Their win over Oklahoma was far bigger than a win against Nebraska would be.

I agree that they won't....or at least that I won't. However I think you are wrong about the importance of the win. If we lose we will have basically proven nothing. Just another good season. Hopefully a Cotton Bowl.

However a win would mean we could moon walk our way into the CCG. Probably a BCS game also. Last week MU fans were cautiously optomistic at best. This week they are going nuts. I've never seen the POWERMIZZOU boards so active. Most of the topics aren't even about OU. They have moved on and want this win in the worst way.

This may sound crazy, but the winner of NU/MU has GOT to stay focused against Iowa State. I give the Clones a 50/50 shot of knocking off one of us.

Naw, I think the memories of last year debacle in Lincoln and last week’s Whorn beatdown by the Iowa State are too fresh for the Clowns to sneak up on us. But it does seem like Rhodes has them moving in the right direction.