My favorite Missouri memory . . .

My favorite Missouri memory doesn't even involve a Nebraska game. Since I first remember watching Nebraska football we have beaten them 16 times and only lost 4. Quite honestly, most of the wins run together.

Enough background, here it is: Last year after crushing Arizona in the Holiday Bowl I was sitting with my family and fiance in a bar in San Diego. There were a lot of Navy men there. Guess what happened? Navy ran a two man defensive front (2 defensive ends no less!) and Missouri refuse to run the ball up the middle. Missouri got beat in every way that you can get beat in that game. Navy took what they wanted when they wanted to take it. I've never seen a fanbase that convinced of their superiority be so suddenly and surely humbled by a service academy. The Navy fans were great and Navy was already my second favorite college football team. Still basking in the glow of the Arizona domination and then watching our main rival in the North get absolutely humbled by an underdog who happened to be my second favorite team. It was a beautiful thing.

What are your favorite MU games? (MU fans, feel free to join in too. My guesses for you are OU this year, NU 2 years ago, and KU 2-3 years ago.)

Your favorite mizzou memory is about them losing to navy? That's some classy schadenfreude. Did you applaud Mizzou's players as they left the field?

Did you read the whole post? I'm a Navy fan as well and was watching the game with a bunch of servicemen out in San Diego. What exactly is not classy about that?

Missouri fans are weird.

Your favorite mizzou memory is about them losing to navy? That's some classy schadenfreude. Did you applaud Mizzou's players as they left the field?

Did you read the whole post? I'm a Navy fan as well and was watching the game with a bunch of servicemen out in San Diego. What exactly is not classy about that?

Missouri fans are weird.

Gotta love all the Missouri fans who come out of the woodwork NU week.

My favorite Missouri memory is from 1996. My neighbor gave my dad and I tickets for my ninth birthday and we kicked their tails 51-7.

Last years game was pretty awesome to watch. I was at the El Paso airport picking my lady friend up who was coming to visit and it was the end of the first half and I was pretty bumbed on how things were going. Anyways by time I got home it was forth qtr and we had scored 14 and I was jumping for joy. Then the rain and suh-per defense added to the emotions. Plus after that I got my mojo back and the night ended pretty well with the lady friend!!!!! Just don't tell my current girlfriend. Haha

being a mu fan its hard to pick one, but here are a few of my favorites;

03 vs NE, 05 vs NE (first MU/NE game living in NE and my son was born a day or so before that game), 07 vs NE, KU & Arky, 08 vs NE (first game in lincoln and my first road game at the time) 10 vs OU

My favorite Missouri memory is actually a volleyball match. Back in the Dark Ages of volleyball before rally scoring (point per serve, regardless of who serves), we beat Missouri something like 15-0, 15-3, 15-1; I'll admit to being fuzzy on the numbers.

Missouri scored, maybe, five points in the whole match. It was one of the most beautiful dominations in any sport I have ever witnessed.

Purely football, I'd say that after last season's win, in COMO, after having had to wade through the sludge of bile and filth that was dumped on HuskerBoard by our visiting Missouri fans, the deafening silence, the utter lack of anything from those who trolled, was beautiful.

NOTE - several Missouri fans were classy enough to come to HuskerBoard and congratulate us on the win. This has nothing to do with those folks, who are fine people. This has only to do with the trolls.

Last year is definitely up there for me. I was still a student at UNO at the time, but made the trip to Lincoln (where I currently reside) to watch the game at a friends house, he had rented a projector for it. There turned out to be about 40 people there in one basement watching the game, who I am now friends with most of. At the time, I didn't really know any of them. But I had gotten there early, and secured a spot right in the heart of the action.

When I watch my Husker football I get really into it. I mean really into it. All these people that I didn't know were looking at me like I was crazy for the first 3 quarters. Then, when we came back and won, I had about 9 different people approach me and tell me how glad they were that we came back, because they were scared of what I might have done had we lost :lol:

As if all that wasn't good enough, I'm watching the game by myself later that night on DVR at about 3:00am, no one else was awake, and I was pretty soused. I just kept laughing alone during the first 3 quarters, and eventually my friend's girlfriend comes out and asks me what the hell I'm doing. I couldn't stop laughing.

Last year is definitely up there for me. I was still a student at UNO at the time, but made the trip to Lincoln (where I currently reside) to watch the game at a friends house, he had rented a projector for it. There turned out to be about 40 people there in one basement watching the game, who I am now friends with most of. At the time, I didn't really know any of them. But I had gotten there early, and secured a spot right in the heart of the action.

When I watch my Husker football I get really into it. I mean really into it. All these people that I didn't know were looking at me like I was crazy for the first 3 quarters. Then, when we came back and won, I had about 9 different people approach me and tell me how glad they were that we came back, because they were scared of what I might have done had we lost :lol:

As if all that wasn't good enough, I'm watching the game by myself later that night on DVR at about 3:00am, no one else was awake, and I was pretty soused. I just kept laughing alone during the first 3 quarters, and eventually my friend's girlfriend comes out and asks me what the hell I'm doing. I couldn't stop laughing.

You and I....would be great friends

This made me lol. Good stuff!