**Official Missouri Game Discussion**

Please, enough with the Watson hate, we know. Mixing it up is getting cute. Running is risking our running QB. Geez, make your minds. throwing in running situations is not an unheard of philosophy. It's called keeping the defense guessing. It should prevent loading the box with defenders, thus providing more room to run.

Let's get behind the team. I don't care what the back of the jersey says. It's all about the front.

I don't care how well we've done on offense in the first half, Watson is calling plays like a dumbass. Running your valuable QB when you're up by 17 and your RB is averaging 30 yards a carry with two TDs? What the hell is he thinking. If we lose Martinez, not only might we lose this game, but we'll likely be in trouble down the road. Same old dipsh*t Watson.

Exactly.

We had them on there heels but SW had to play it cute. Hope we get it back 2nd half.

Good god, since when did keeping the ball on the ground with our electric, home-run running threat QB constitute "getting cute"?

Since he f'd his knee up, got hit on the thigh, and came limping out onto the field. Or should we run it while he's limping ?

You must have not been watching the game, because Taylor was not called on to run after that hit. He threw it in a 3rd and 5 situation, which isn't really a running situation anyways, and then on the next drive he handed it to Roy three straight times.

We're up 24 zip. 1st down....Roy for 8 yds.....we're running over them! 2nd & 2....incomplete.....3rd & two....incomplete. 3 & out.

Why go to the passing game when they can't stop the run? Throw two incompletes & it's 3 & out....almost the whole 2nd qtr.

I just would like NEBRASKA to usually run on 2nd & 3rd and short. To each their own though..

You aren't remembering this correctly, which is OK, since I had to look this up. That was a 6 yard run and we were in a 2nd and 4, and then a 3rd and 4.

First half: 9 passes, 21 runs.

Drive summaries in the Second Quarter:

Drive 1

Helu, 6 yard gain. Taylor throws incomplete. Taylor takes a sack. Punt. Now if we're running it up the gut on 3rd and 4, that's closing down the O like last year, basically.

Drive 2

Taylor sacked for 7 yards. Taylor throws incomplete. Taylor tackled behind the line on a run. Again, if we're automatically running just because it's 2nd and 10, that's last year again. Not sure what the complaint is, especially when some of these sacks are on Taylor.

Drive 3

Illegal block penalty. Our OL screws us here, gives us a 1st-and-18. Taylor takes a 2-yard loss to put us from bad to worse, then runs up for a short gain, then dumps it off to Helu who doesn't get the first. I wish I could see these plays again because some of these Taylor runs, are plays where he could have handed off.

Drive 4

Burkhead up the middle for 2. Taylor to the right on a bad(?) read, but he gets the corner and gets 13 yards. Taylor to the left, gets injured, but gets 5 yards. Burkhead up the middle on 2nd and 5. Then Taylor throws it incomplete. Dangerous, bad decision type of throw and he's already hobbled.

Drive 5

Handoff, handoff, handoff, all Roy.