The "Suuuuuuuuuuh" Thread

Nexus

Ndamukong Suh Recalls Playing For Bo Pelini And Nebraska Cornhuskers

Feb 3, 2011 - Greetings from the 2011 Super Bowl in Dallas, Texas. Courtesy of Subway's NFL efforts, I was able to speak with Detroit Loins DT Ndamukong Suh on Wednesday. Fans in Kansas City may know him better as Nebraska Cornhuskers DT Ndamukong Suh.

I sat down with Suh for a few minutes talking about his time at Super Bowl week, at the Pro Bowl last week and of course about his Nebraska Cornhuskers.

"I think Nebraska is a great place to play college football," Suh told me. Obviously as the second overall pick in the 2010 NFL draft Suh doesn't have any bad things to say about his experience at Nebraska.

Continue Reading

Congrats, Big Suh!!

DALLAS - Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh completed his sweep of Rookie of the Year awards today, winning Associated Press Defensive Rookie of the Year honors.

Suh is the seventh Lions player named rookie of the year -- most by any franchise since the AP began handing out separate awards for offensive and defensive players in 1967 -- and the first since Barry Sanders in 1989.

Continue Reading

DALLAS - Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh won another rookie award Friday night - the Associated Press Defensive Rookie of the Year - and Lions defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham doesn't understand why.

It's not that Cunningham doesn't believe Suh was the best player to come out of college last year - he does - but he's amused by the notion that Suh could ever be described as a rookie.

"He's never acted like a rookie, not from the day he came in here. He never played like one and never acted like one,'' Cunningham said. "When I talk to him, he can talk small details and he can talk big picture. What rookie can talk about the big picture? He's the only one I've ever seen.''

Continue Reading