The "Suuuuuuuuuuh" Thread

Nexus

Scooped me by ten minutes, Nexus. I was going to post this and I got a call I had to take.

Here's the blurb about Suh from the article. Typical glowing stuff.

One rookie makes AP All-Pro: Detroit defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh .

"It's a great honor and it's an award I've had my eye on, along with being in the Pro Bowl," Suh said. "Those are two of the highest accomplishments you can have other than winning a Super Bowl and being MVP. To be the only rookie speaks volumes about the help I got from my teammates — especially on the defensive line — and my coaches."

Suh's work, including 10 sacks that ranked him tops at his position, so impressed longtime defensive coach Gunther Cunningham that the Lions coordinator said, "I've never seen anything like this and a lot of people want to compare him," he said. "There's no comparison."

Scooped me by ten minutes, Nexus. I was going to post this and I got a call I had to take.

Here's the blurb about Suh from the article. Typical glowing stuff.

One rookie makes AP All-Pro: Detroit defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh .

"It's a great honor and it's an award I've had my eye on, along with being in the Pro Bowl," Suh said. "Those are two of the highest accomplishments you can have other than winning a Super Bowl and being MVP. To be the only rookie speaks volumes about the help I got from my teammates — especially on the defensive line — and my coaches."

Suh's work, including 10 sacks that ranked him tops at his position, so impressed longtime defensive coach Gunther Cunningham that the Lions coordinator said, "I've never seen anything like this and a lot of people want to compare him," he said. "There's no comparison."

:thumbs

11 minutes ago - DT Ndamukong Suh's AP All-Pro selection marks the first time in the history of the award that a rookie DT has been named first-team All-Pro. Suh becomes the first rookie DT named to any All-Pro team since Bears DT Wally Chambers garnered second-team honors in 1973. Lions RapidReports

LINK

Gerald McCoy comments on Suh's rookie season success. I've always thought highly of McCoy and still do. Classy dude.

On his rivalry with fellow defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, the Nebraska Cornhusker, who was drafted second overall, one spot above McCoy, and made the Pro Bowl: “I’m not an excuse-maker. I require greatness, and until I get to that point, I’m not satisfied. Ndamukong Suh had a great year, Pro Bowl, all-pro. His surrounding cast was great. Mine was too. It’s just a different style of defense. We had a good unit. Like I said, I’m not an excuse-maker. He had a great year. He picked it up early. I started picking mine up early in the year, but he picked it up early and kept building each week. He’s just a great player.”

LINK

Shutdown Corner: You've certainly been asked about the adjustment from college to the NFL, and how easily you did made that leap. Watching you both at Nebraska and Detroit, it seems to me that hand placement and footwork are the two things that really allow you to dominate. Have those been the key factors for you, and how did the coaching you got at Nebraska help you at the next level?

Ndamukong Suh(notes): Oh, without question. Hand placement has been a big thing, and my natural ability with my feet and refining that through coaching. Coach Carl Pelini was great at Nebraska, and that was something I wanted to hone in on, and that gives me an advantage over just God-given talent. I can't thank the coaches enough for that help.

Continue Reading