The "Suuuuuuuuuuh" Thread

Nexus

Have any of y'all made it out to a Lions game yet? I'm marrying a boy from Detroit who comes from a HUGE Lions family - oh wow do those fans love Suh! Any time he so much as breathes deeply, the stadium erupts with "SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH"

He's electric to watch.

He definitely is, but they got that from us. ;p

I watched the YouTube of your tunnel walk (pretty cool btw!) and I noticed that familiar yell from the Huskers crowd.

Honestly, Suh has reinvigorated the Lions faithful like they haven't been in a long time. Yes, they lose a lot of games but mostly because they have crappy breaks. They don't often lose by much (did y'all see that Calvin Johnson TD? GRRrrr) and their QB seems to be made of glass or something because he keeps getting injured. The Lions fans were getting beaten, getting tired and then along comes SUUUUH. He can do no wrong. Even when he nearly ripped off Delhomme's head and drew that penalty, it was just like "Oh that's Suh. Plays with so much passion!" He's their silver lining. The Lions may lose, but "OMG did you see that play by Suh?" He's great.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=205033274

Good for him. Well deserved. Cant wait to hear the ovation.

Edit: Sorry bout the merge, just figured it deserved a little more pub than a casual convo thread.

How fitting that they will retire his jersey in our game agianst Colorado, basically the game that thrust him into the spotlight 2 years ago.

Have any of y'all made it out to a Lions game yet? I'm marrying a boy from Detroit who comes from a HUGE Lions family - oh wow do those fans love Suh! Any time he so much as breathes deeply, the stadium erupts with "SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH"

He's electric to watch.

I watched the YouTube of your tunnel walk (pretty cool btw!) and I noticed that familiar yell from the Huskers crowd.

Honestly, Suh has reinvigorated the Lions faithful like they haven't been in a long time. Yes, they lose a lot of games but mostly because they have crappy breaks. They don't often lose by much (did y'all see that Calvin Johnson TD? GRRrrr) and their QB seems to be made of glass or something because he keeps getting injured. The Lions fans were getting beaten, getting tired and then along comes SUUUUH. He can do no wrong. Even when he nearly ripped off Delhomme's head and drew that penalty, it was just like "Oh that's Suh. Plays with so much passion!" He's their silver lining. The Lions may lose, but "OMG did you see that play by Suh?" He's great.

Of the basically two Lion's games I've seen on TV this year, yeah they look like they are close to being a decent team, but they have a couple three position groups they need fixed big time. Their offensive line is bad, they can't keep letting Stafford take hits since he obviously isn't durable enough to take them. Their secondary is questionable, aside from the dude that ran that one back and did the carlton in the endzone they didn't look good in the games I saw. Their linebackers look bad as well. The defensive line has been fun to watch with Vanden Bosch and Suh, partly because they are both former huskers, and because they play incredibly aggressive. Give them good coverage and better gap fillers and they would be doing even better at getting pressure and which could become really scary.

Suh will continue to get better as well, since Pelini showed up here his junior season he showed that he really had his head on strait and works hard to become the best player he can be. As big as he is in Detroit, he's easily as big with the huskers. Arguably the best defensive talent Nebraska has had and the best ambassador of the program we could ever ask for as well. Which is why he's a player many of us still follow week to week hoping he does well.

He's electric to watch.

I was at the dog park a week ago wearing my NU hoodie and was approached by a guy wearing a Michigan State hat that wanted to talk football. I figured he wanted to talk about NU moving to the Big 10 but no, he was also a Detroit Lions fan and wanted to talk about Suh.

Didn't see this posted anywhere else...

Link

Wire Reports

BigRedReport.com Nov 18, 2010

The University of Nebraska Athletic Department has announced that Ndamukong Suh will have his No. 93 jersey retired in a special ceremony at halftime of the Nebraska-Colorado game on Friday, Nov. 26.

Suh will join 16 other all-time Cornhusker greats to have their Nebraska jerseys retired. All major national award winners at Nebraska automatically have their jerseys retired, however their numbers are still available to active Huskers.

Suh is a worthy addition to Nebraska’s elite club. The Portland, Ore., capped a dominant Nebraska career with a 2009 season that ranks as one of the best ever by a college football defender. Suh won the Outland Trophy, the Rotary Lombardi Award, the Chuck Bednarik Award and the Bronko Nagurski Trophy. He was also named the Associated Press College Player of the Year and finished fourth in the voting for the Heisman Trophy.

As a senior, Suh led the Huskers with 85 total tackles, including 24 tackles for loss and 12 sacks. He also posted a remarkable 10 pass breakups, an interception, 26 quarterback hurries and three blocked kicks. His play was the key to a Nebraska defense that led the nation in scoring defense at 10.4 points per game.

Suh finished his career with 215 tackles, 57 tackles for loss, 24 sacks, six blocked kicks, 15 pass breakups and 38 quarterback hurries, while also scoring three touchdowns. He ranks second in school history in tackles for loss and third in sacks.

“We are proud to add Ndamukong Suh to our group of retired football jerseys,” Nebraska Athletic Director Tom Osborne said. “It is certainly an elite group of football players that have the honor of having their jersey retired, and Ndamukong undoubtedly deserves that type of honor. He was one of the all-time great defensive players we’ve had here, and an outstanding individual as well.”

Nebraska’s game against Colorado on the day after Thanksgiving was the first opportunity to retire Suh’s jersey. Suh will take part in the Detroit Lions Thanksgiving Day game against the New England Patriots before heading to Lincoln. Suh is having a standout rookie season with the Lions. Suh leads all NFL interior defensive linemen with 6.5 sacks and his 33 total tackles are the fourth-most among all defensive tackles. Suh was honored as the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month in October.

In addition to his play on the field at Nebraska, Suh was successful off the field as well. He earned his degree in construction management in December of 2009. In April, Suh made an unprecedented gift of $2.6 million to the University of Nebraska, including $2 million to Athletics and $600,000 to the UNL College of Engineering to endow a scholarship. His donation to the Athletic Department has allowed for renovations and updates in the newly named Ndamukong Suh Strength and Conditioning Center, as well as the Nebraska football locker room.

Suh joins an impressive list of players to have their jerseys retired, including: #7 Eric Crouch, #15 Tommie Frazier, #20 Johnny Rodgers, #30 Mike Rozier, #34 Trev Alberts, #50 Dave Rimington, #54 Dominic Raiola, #60 Tom Novak, #64 Bob Brown, #67 Aaron Taylor, #71 Dean Steinkuhler, #72 Zach Wiegert, #75 Larry Jacobson, #75 Will Shields, #79 Rich Glover and #98 Grant Wistrom. Suh’s name and jersey number will be added to the display directly below the HuskerVision video screen on the north end of Memorial Stadium.

Several members of Nebraska’s retired jersey club are expected to be on hand to take part in the Suh jersey retirement ceremony.

He's electric to watch.

Him and Corey Williams definately give us lion faithful hope (been a lion fan since 91.) Although, every time i think we are going to do good things, we end up messing up somehow i.e. a few yeas ago we started 6-2..then ended the season 2-6, the n.y jets game then we come out and play like crap against the bills :facepalm:. Anyways, Stafford will be a good qb if he can stay healthy, the lions right side of the line is horrible..Raiola and Backus definately need to go, even tho Raiola is a fellow husker he is a HORRIBLE nfl center. He also flipped off the crowd a few years ago. Lions are two years away, we need a second cb (smith is an amazing cb, 5 ints in 7 games), our lb corp needs help. We had to sign carpenter because everyone is hurt :( and we need a power back. OH well, im used to the "same old lions" phrase but i definately hope to make it up to a game in ford field sometime!

He's electric to watch.

Him and Corey Williams definately give us lion faithful hope (been a lion fan since 91.) Although, every time i think we are going to do good things, we end up messing up somehow i.e. a few yeas ago we started 6-2..then ended the season 2-6, the n.y jets game then we come out and play like crap against the bills :facepalm:. Anyways, Stafford will be a good qb if he can stay healthy, the lions right side of the line is horrible..Raiola and Backus definately need to go, even tho Raiola is a fellow husker he is a HORRIBLE nfl center. He also flipped off the crowd a few years ago. Lions are two years away, we need a second cb (smith is an amazing cb, 5 ints in 7 games), our lb corp needs help. We had to sign carpenter because everyone is hurt :( and we need a power back. OH well, im used to the "same old lions" phrase but i definately hope to make it up to a game in ford field sometime!

Lol. This is my first year as a Lions fan and after every game, I'm like "Wow, so close! We'll definitely get it next time!" my fiancé just looks at me, shakes his head, and mutters something about me being in the first stage f being a Lions fan. Hope, anger, disbelief, resentment, then acceptance -> those are the stages. He still loves the Lions, though they seem to find ways to make you think they can/will win and then lose in a heartbreaking fashion.

Lions...rebuilding since 1957!