Suspension upcoming?

huKSer

If I remember correctly Klein has a tattoo on both his left and right arm. On the left arm he has the first initial of his first name "A" and the first initial of his last name "K" on the right arm. So you have AK plus his football jersey is 47 so put it altogether you have AK47.

What is Dan Beebe trying to prove here? What his point for suspending Martin and not Klein?

So Dan Beebe and the Big 12 won't tolerate legal hit that Martin made that Dan Beebe labeled as a Helmet to Helmet hit but will tolerate "dirty/violent" plays that Klein showed this past Saturday.

I understand that Klein didn't make a helmet to helmet hit but for the fact that he tried to rip a players head off and then proceeded to place his knee on Burkhead to gain more leverage while twisting, turning, and pulling on the neck of a down opponent.

Does Dan Beebe only care about the health of any Big 12 player(s) that suffered a helmet to helmet hit and any other injury that was sustained on purpose is thrown out the window? I understand what Klein was doing and that he was trying to keep Burkhead out of the the endzone but he took it to a whole different level by grasping the helmet and twisting/pulling/turning trying to hurt a player.

It's plain and simple guys...Dan Beebe is a freaking joke of a human being! This is why I do not see this conference lasting another 5 years. The Big 12 would be lucky to hold together for 2 more years! If I saw him in public I would deliver my clinched fist directly to his suckhole and say, "Suck my fist Bebeotch!"

It really gets under my skin to see acts of violence like this go unpunished. :facepalm:

:bonesflag:

It is the worse cheap shot bs play I have ever seen. Intent to injure, maime or kill. Nothing from Beebe. I lost respect for him a long time ago. I haven't had any reason to change my feelings. I emailed PTI and asked them to air this BS. If you can air the soccer girl pulling hair and then come back a year later and air the one year anniversary of that event, you should be able to say 10 seconds on how bush league this was. Someone needs to teach this guy a lesson.

Coach Rhoads had a chance to do the right thing too. He hasn't said a word on this either. Loser!!!!

Let's put Beebe in Rex's shoes on that play. I'd pay good $$$ to see that! And maybe then he'd call foul.

I'm sure it's been brought up before now, but what if the roles were reversed? Same scenario, just with one of our guys doing that to the opponent's RB? No doubt in my mind a suspension would be in order from the B12 offices.

It is the worse cheap shot bs play I have ever seen. Intent to injure, maime or kill. Nothing from Beebe. I lost respect for him a long time ago. I haven't had any reason to change my feelings. I emailed PTI and asked them to air this BS. If you can air the soccer girl pulling hair and then come back a year later and air the one year anniversary of that event, you should be able to say 10 seconds on how bush league this was. Someone needs to teach this guy a lesson.

Coach Rhoads had a chance to do the right thing too. He hasn't said a word on this either. Loser!!!!

Let's put Beebe in Rex's shoes on that play. I'd pay good $$$ to see that! And maybe then he'd call foul.

I'm sure it's been brought up before now, but what if the roles were reversed? Same scenario, just with one of our guys doing that to the opponent's RB? No doubt in my mind a suspension would be in order from the B12 offices.

He was playing QB on that play and normally QB's are protected even more.

Over all I think this is why the whole idea of suspending a player based on a tape is something the NCAA or big12 should be careful about. Every week we get hours of tape from tons of angles and every week these get looked at and micro managed by coaches and fans. Bottom line is that when a suspension happens the league will usually end up looking like fools because of all the things that are not called. Basically trying to mind read intent makes them look like an ass because they assume but the "me" is not part of the deal.

Exactly. That's what we should really take from this situation - not that the Burkhead foul wasn't legit, because it was, but that the Martin hit shouldn't have been retroactively punished. Once that retroactive punishment was established and not carried out in this instance, the whole process becomes foolish.

Did anyone really think Klein would be suspended? Of course not. The whole thing was an exercise in absurdity.

And Mr. Beebe plays "absurd" like nobody's business.

Exactly. This is why the whole "Big 12/refs to screw Nebraska" thought is starting to permeate throughout Husker Nation.

If suspending Martin for one game for a legal hit, while ingorning obviously dirty/flagrant fouls by other players doesn't look fishy, then I'm not sure what does.