So does anyone know for sure . . .

The mystery around this is a bit odd.

I guess the question to ask, just to get things straight: he WAS actually injured and unable to play today, right? And it wasn't some bizarre coaching decision to go with and ride Green.

I got really tired of hearing the TV guys say "Taylor Martinez is out today with an injury, and Zac Lee, the backup last week, has a sore arm, so it's Green." Come on.

i have heard that LEE hit his throwing hand on a helmet in practice and it swelled up pretty good. Xrays were negative and he and T Magic are expected to be ready to go next week.

edit Nexus article beat me to it

Yeah iam sure they will be ready to go. After winning a game that was fixxed. we aint beatting kansas . Bo is gonna losse another game or I should say give some one a game. But yea zac must have really hurt his arm in practice this week becuzz I dont remember him throwing the ball alott last week

Bo said during the post game conference that Lee was "Day to Day." If he is out, they are not talking. Supposedly it is just a soar arm?

yeah and Bo said last week T-Mart was fine, i have lost faith in what Pelini sez.......

Makes 2 of us. he really let me down thats for sure.

Lee's been wearing that sleeve on his arm/elbow all season BTW.

This.

The sleeve has nothing to do with this 'injury'. He always wears it.

While I want to believe that we held out Taylor to rest him for the stretch run and not because his injury is that bad, I have my doubts. This game was obviously not a cake-walk. At the time, we did not know that Mizzou would lose to Texas Tech, giving us a cushion in the North. We absolutely had to win this ISU game (it was essentially for the Big 12 North) and it didn't seem like our staff coached with that attitude.

Lee's been wearing that sleeve on his arm/elbow all season BTW.

This.

The sleeve has nothing to do with this 'injury'. He always wears it.

While I want to believe that we held out Taylor to rest him for the stretch run and not because his injury is that bad, I have my doubts. This game was obviously not a cake-walk. At the time, we did not know that Mizzou would lose to Texas Tech, giving us a cushion in the North. We absolutely had to win this ISU game (it was essentially for the Big 12 North) and it didn't seem like our staff coached with that attitude.

I noticed the samething too. Its like we just lacked fire and intensity. I felt like we coached and played down to their level. Seems to be the norm with this group we have.

I honestly thought we would see Taylor in the 2nd half to try and put the game away, but it didnt happen.

IF Martinez has an ankle sprain, he should be pretty close to ready next week but for sure ready for aTm.

Sometimes an ankle sprain can be worse than an actual break, but if that was the case here TM would not be able to walk without crutches or some type of boot. The way you heal an ankle sprain is by using it a lot through therapy to rebuild and restrengthen the ankle. I think two weeks should be enough for that, but three weeks will definitely be enough assuming it is an ankle sprain.

The only thing I'm worried about is after you sprain an ankle once, that ankle naturally becomes slightly weaker and more vulnerable to future sprains or breaks.

Omaha paper says same thing that some are posting. Lee hurt hand in practice and is "day to day" and could have played in "non-throwing" situations. Taylor was not 100% but was ready in "emergency" (Green hurt) to play. Bo and Watson both quoted in paper as saying both QBs should be ready to go next week.

IMO, I still sit Taylor unless he is completely 100%. We can beat KU with Grenn and Lee. He is way to valuable to risk possible further injury. I don't believe we can go to College Station and win without T-Mart. I would use him in "emergency" situations against KU... Let him study up on AM this week.