Is not being ready the staple of Pelini Coaching?

Yes.

We were clearly not ready to play Zona, Texas (2009), Mizzou (last two years), OU, Washington, the list goes on and on.

This thread = :facepalm:

Just like we lost to a sh**ty texas team this year in our own house? he may have them ready for big games but we should'nt be getting by when playing inferior teams.

What about going on the road and beating a better team in Okie State? Make no mistake about it gentlemen, Okie State is a good football team. I don't want to play them again.

Yes.

We were clearly not ready to play Zona, Texas (2009), Mizzou (last two years), OU, Washington, the list goes on and on.

Just like we lost to a sh**ty texas team this year in our own house? he may have them ready for big games but we should'nt be getting by when playing inferior teams.

What about going on the road and beating a better team in Okie State? Make no mistake about it gentlemen, Okie State is a good football team. I don't want to play them again.

It's looking more and more like we'll have to.

Yes.

that's my point against good teams the team will play good but against crappy teams they won't.

Yes.

that's my point against good teams the team will play good but against crappy teams they won't.

Then I guess our true test will come this Saturday.

Very rarely do I get on huskerboard and see a thread title that just instantly makes me angry, but this one did it. Yes, we're 8-1, ranked in the top 10, have our division locked up, and may very well be the best team in the conference, but the staple of Pelini coaching is not having the team ready to play.

Stop and think before you hit the post button.

Very rarely do I get on huskerboard and see a thread title that just instantly makes me angry, but this one did it. Yes, we're 8-1, ranked in the top 10, have our division locked up, and may very well be the best team in the conference, but the staple of Pelini coaching is not having the team ready to play.

Stop and think before you hit the post button.

last 3 games are losable if we play the same way against Iowa St. It was 24-10 and that should have been the end of it but it wasn't. Since this team can't play the same week to week should be of concern but it doesn't seem to be.

Yes.

We do seem to play to our competition - up to the good and favored teams, and down to the teams we should roll. But you also have to have some perspective - we were on our 3rd string QB who was playing in 45mph winds. He's not the best passer as it is much less in those conditions and he did fairly well. We also lost the biggest spark we have on offense. And we won.

Yes.

It's always hard to beat a team twice in a year. I am nervous as hell to play Okie St again.

if so we are gonna get smashed from next year on. Last year i could handle losing to Iowa St cause we had 8 fumbles but almost this year too is bs. It's his team so he needs to fix it.

It's not like we were missing key offensive and defensive starters or anything. Who needs their starting or second string QB? Who needs a pro-caliber starting CB? It shouldn't matter that Gomes was injured for a decent part of the game either.

You couldn't have been serious when you posted this. Seriously, Burkhead took probably as many snaps at QB as Green. We were definitely short handed playing in inclement weather, so I'll take the win any way we can get it.

I want to first say that I am extremely glad that we have the coaching staff that we do and I hope they are here for a long time.

I also believe that husker_99 is on to something. I don't claim to be an expert or an insider, but I do have an opinion.

I think Bo and the staff are flat out getting out coached right now. They are surviving on Big Offensive plays and those alone are hiding the problems with the rest of team. I think they are getting beat by special teams, field position, penalties, turnovers and an inability to adjust. Players drop passes and are responsible for penalties. It is the coaches responsibility to determine if these players are hurting their team.

Special Teams

-Kickoff team is suspect. The only thing that doesn't make everyone hold their breath is that Adi puts in through a good chunk of the time.

-Punt Return. Not only can they consistently not field a punt, they get very little yardage when they do happen to get their hand on it. It took half a year to remove Niles from punt return. Obviously dropped passes were huge against Texas, but punt return absolutely killed the Huskers as well. The Rugby punted 3 times before adjustments were made.

-Punting. We have a great punter. We give up a lot of yards on punt returns. Watch how many huskers are around the ball when the punt it caught vs when we get the ball.

-Punt and kick off teams have been a big factor in the horrible field position the huskers have battled in close games.

Offense

-Dependent on big plays. K-State & Missouri. Watch the long runs....backs and qb's aren't even touched. Kyler Reed has been a big play receiver.

-Penalties and drops at the worst times.

-With the exception of the big plays noted earlier, don't appear to making adjustments to what is working. (Using Cody Green to run read option over and over again, going away from Rex running the offense, not throwing on first down against Texas).

-Takes too long to get a play in.

-At times they look unprepared. Can't run a two minute offense.

Defense

-Players with a knee on the ground when the ball is snapped.

-No pass rush.

-Blitz doesn't seem to be effective.

-Much like the offense it seems to take a long time to get the play in.

-A mobile qb will destroy this defense. Once a running back or qb gets past the d line they're good for 10 yards.

-Without Lavonte David, they are in serious trouble.

-Great call to change safeties because of poor tackling.

-Defense does a great job when they have 80 yards to play with, but because of bad field position they are giving up points.

i think we all said in the begining that bo wasn't really to good at developing a TOTAL game plan as he was only used to being the DC and did not have as much head coaching expirence.... in the begining there were a few games where we were woefully underprepared... but Bo has shown growth and those games are few and far between... but there was some instances where we all thought the lack of planning (but then again who are we to know what the hell was going on) hurt us... now if this was day in and day out we would have a problem... but BO shows growth and how can you not love the guy???????

Yes.

It's always hard to beat a team twice in a year. I am nervous as hell to play Okie St again.

Pelini wont let that underthrown pass crap work again. Weeden isn't a great QB and with a little pressure, we could easily shut him down...as much as you can shut down their offense, but it would be enough.

Given the circumstances we had going into and during the game for us to come out of it with a win just show's how much guts the team has. Bo had the boys as ready as any good coach can get his team ready for. Can't control the fact that we were playing with super strong winds blowing yesterday. Having two QB's and a all world DB on the shelf and another going down doesn't help. Iowa State is a good team this year. We won and won ugly. Even TO's best teams had some ugly win's.