Get Ready...

I believe the Big East BCS bid rotates between the Fiesta, Orange and Sugar Bowl. Last year Cincinnati played in the Sugar and the year before in the Orange so...correct me if I'm wrong.

If Pitt wins out they will be ranked at the end of the season and a good team to play but there's some weird possibilities this year. Stanford could be locked out of the Rose Bowl in favor of Boise or TCU if Auburn wins out. A 1 loss LSU could be locked out of any BCS bowl if Auburn loses one (and goes to Sugar). Either of those scenarios are going to upset a lot of people and more so with a Big East team still getting their AQ.

The question at hand is if Nebraska wins the big12, which is a punched ticket to the Fiesta Bowl. The Fiesta Bowl gets the Big12 champ, and then an at large bid. They get the last pick of at-large teams, which many people are assuming to be Pitt, because all the other BCS bowls that get at large bids would likely pass on a 9-3 team out of a weak conference. The Big East champ has not ties in for BCS bowls

Hey lets beat Kansas, A&M, Colorado, and whoever we play in the Big 12 Championship and then lets start thinking about the Bowl game.

These posts make me lol every time.

We're not the damn team. We can think about the National Championship we're going to win in 2050 against UNO if we want.

And some people are too technical. Some people have been Husker fans for so long they feel they're a part of something. Some have spent so much f'ing money on tickets and apparel and cheer their asses off that they feel like maybe they are contributing and helping the team they love. I feel sorry for people who laugh at true Husker fans because these fans feel connected. Get over it, and maybe check your literals at the door.

Hey lets beat Kansas, A&M, Colorado, and whoever we play in the Big 12 Championship and then lets start thinking about the Bowl game.

We're not the damn team. We can think about the National Championship we're going to win in 2050 against UNO if we want.

If we lose to Kansas this weekend, I'm laying the blame squarely on you, Moiraine, for not focusing your good thoughts on the Huskers! :laughpound

Personally, I love looking at bowl possibilities. Will it set me up for possible disappointment if the Huskers don't follow through on the game we are supposed to win? Yeah, but oh well, I'll deal with it.

+1

Gimme a break - thinking about stuff like this is what makes being a fan fun!

I'm still guaranteeing that the Fiesta bowl will be.....

Big 12 Champ vs Big East Champ

To think other wise is completely ridiculous, just sit there and think about the bowl matchups and rules that apply to this season.

There is no way around it. The Big East Champ will be selected last in the process, and the Fiesta bowl gets the LAST pick, because Nebraska nor Oklahoma St will be going to the Title Game.

We could end up playing NC State.

No we can't, the ACC champ is affiliated with the Orange Bowl. Only way we play anywhere other than the fiesta bowl is if we lose the big12 championship and we get taken in an at large spot...

Yes we can. We could be taken as an at-large if we lose the Big 12 CCG.

I'm still guaranteeing that the Fiesta bowl will be.....

Big 12 Champ vs Big East Champ

To think other wise is completely ridiculous, just sit there and think about the bowl matchups and rules that apply to this season.

There is no way around it. The Big East Champ will be selected last in the process, and the Fiesta bowl gets the LAST pick, because Nebraska nor Oklahoma St will be going to the Title Game.

98% likely, but there are two possible scenarios that would make it not so.

First (mentioned earlier), USF could win the Big East and the Orange Bowl could select them for geographical purposes. Remember TV ratings are not the only concern for these bowls financially.

Second, VT wins the ACC and the Orange doesn't want Boise St. because rematches are kind of lame. They could take Stanford or Michigan St. or Wisconsin, but that would leave Boise out completely. It's possible there is some negotiations between the Orange and Fiesta (these type of deals happen) for the Orange to take Pitt and leave the Fiesta with Boise, who has a recent history with them.

Obviously both scenarios are highly unlikely, but not impossible. Bowl selections are sometimes very unexpected (i.e. Iowa to Orange last year)

For anyone that missed it, Pitt lost to UConn tonight. Right now you have Pitt still in the lead with with one conference loss, and ALL SEVEN of the other Big East teams with two conference losses. Which means if Pitt loses another (seems likely: @USF, vs. WVU, @ Cincinnati) you a have a giant mess of a tiebreaker. So root for USF.