Healthy Huskers

knapplc

I seriously doubt Lee will practice and am skeptical that any of those three will be practicing today. Remember that Bo said that Martinez "practiced" last week as well. What he means by that is that they will dress out and stretch with the team and do whatever they can with their injuries. In other words, Martinez will stand and throw, Lee will run around and Dennard will ride a bike on the sidelines.

i agree, Bo talks between his words, he will never give a true injury report.

I seriously doubt Moglia will take any of our paid assistant coaches with him. I don't think they leave this program for the UFL.

On the other hand, it's possible he could take a Joe Ganz or someone like that with him.

I am not an expert but I doubt position coaches in the UFL are paid very well so I don't think this is likely either. Good call w Ganz I could see that. GBR

I was looking through some pics on the OWH site and found these from yesterday's practice. I've been wondering all this time what level of activity Taylor and Zac have been involved in, and these pics show them reasonably well involved. Video would be better.

Gotta love that Mamba Dance thing the QBs are always doing in warmups.

LINK

CONSPIRACY THEORY!

Knapp's link: http://odc.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=5002&p=2170 Most of the photos have descriptions dated November 9th.

Some, don't.

These are:

Taylor jogging in warmups.

Lee handing off to Helu.

Lee at practice.

Taylor drops back at practice.

Taylor passes at practice.

Henery with Moglia (who is gone now, I guess)

OL Jeremiah Sirles (is he injured too?)

Bo and Moglia

Shawn Watson

I find it extremely interesting that all of the bolded ones are not marked with a date. One picture has all the QBs stretching in warm-ups, and here Zac has a pretty heavily padded right arm sleeve. In the two practice shots of him in full pads, that sleeve is gone. There is not a single action shot of Zac or Taylor, that has a date of Nov 9 on it, or any date at all.

I'm not a conspiracy theory guy, but this really makes me wonder, if they didn't just take some old practice photos and throw them up there in this week's set, as part of Bo's secret propaganda campaign. :ph34r: I mean, I am almost half serious about this. Because we are hearing that Zac won't take another snap at NU, that the report that he could have played last week in a running capacity was false - so what is he doing running zone reads with Roy Helu in practice?

CONSPIRACY THEORY!

Knapp's link: http://odc.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=5002&p=2170 Most of the photos have descriptions dated November 9th.

Some, don't.

These are:

Lee handing off to Helu.

Lee at practice.

Bo and Moglia

Shawn Watson

I find it extremely interesting that all of the bolded ones are not marked with a date. One picture has all the QBs stretching in warm-ups, and here Zac has a pretty heavily padded right arm sleeve. In the two practice shots of him in full pads, that sleeve is gone. There is not a single action shot of Zac or Taylor, that has a date of Nov 9 on it, or any date at all.

I'm not a conspiracy theory guy, but this really makes me wonder, if they didn't just take some old practice photos and throw them up there in this week's set, as part of Bo's secret propaganda campaign. :ph34r: I mean, I am almost half serious about this. Because we are hearing that Zac won't take another snap at NU, that the report that he could have played last week in a running capacity was false - so what is he doing running zone reads with Roy Helu in practice?

:yeah I am going to have to call :bs: on the Zac rumor until there is proof. Other than that looks like everyone is practicing until someone shows me otherwise.

CONSPIRACY THEORY!

Some, don't.

These are:

Lee handing off to Helu.

Lee at practice.

Bo and Moglia

Shawn Watson

:yeah I am going to have to call :bs: on the Zac rumor until there is proof. Other than that looks like everyone is practicing until someone shows me otherwise.

If true (in the voice of Ross Perot)Genius! Pure genius!!

CONSPIRACY THEORY!

Some, don't.

These are:

Lee handing off to Helu.

Lee at practice.

Bo and Moglia

Shawn Watson

In my honest opinion that is entirely unethical, and I doubt a business like the Omaha World Herald would stoop to that kind of low just to make it seem like the quarterbacks are all healthy. That said, perhaps you should send them an e-mail inquiring about it?

One thing I did notice though is that Joe Moglia was in fact at practice yesterday and none of those pictures were marked with a time stamp either. The weather also looks similar in the pictures taken of Moglia and the other pictures taken of the team.

I'm still not seeing or hearing much about Dennard's progress this week.

IMO we need him just as much as Martinez. Looking back at the ISU game, not only would've Arnaud's TD passes been broken up by Dennard, I don't think Arnaud would've even tested those waters. No doubt QBs, like Arnaud, try to pick on our backups more, and that cost us at least 14 pts last week.

We need Dennard!

Heh, to be fair, it's a lunatic theory I am just throwing out there. Not trying to be seriously accusatory.

We aren't seeing Taylor run or Zac throw, either, so I guess that's something to keep in mind. Taylor's injury is just affecting his mobility. I think these pictures could be a smokescreen, though, as opposed to a true indication of them being healthy. Zac and Taylor may not be running full go even though that seems to be the implication with the pictures. We'll see how it plays out. I think the reports on Zac possibly being out for the year are more than rumors at this point, though of course it could be a fluid situation.

zoogies I appreciate the clandestine nature of your theories. I like that kind of stuff, true or not. It's fun to puzzle over.

The Dennard injury is interesting because NOBODY is talking about him this week. Likely that's because Kansas ranks 102nd in the nation in scoring offense and has scored an average of 10 points in their previous four games against teams who haven't recently fired their coach Colorado. I would still like to see if they have any progress updates on him specifically, though.

It's also interesting that the chorus of folks telling us that Lee is out for the season have stopped. Maybe it's because all of those "insiders" know he's out and nobodies truly asking anymore, or maybe it's because those initial reports were exaggerated and he's not, or maybe nobody really knows. It's encouraging that he's practicing, but to what extent he's practicing is anyone's guess.

The most encouraging thing about Taylor is the lack of brace on his knee or ankle. If he was really, truly hurt (especially in the knee as I openly feared) he'd certainly be wearing some sort of protective equipment there. I'm far more encouraged by his apparent lack of medical protection than anything else.

One thing that Sipple noted in his BLOG is the comment in Rosenthal's piece on QBs that Sipple caught - The very prominent mention of Ron Kellogg, Jr. as someone Zac is mentoring.

We don't need Kellogg if Martinez, Lee and Green are healthy. We do if they aren't.

Stay tuned, I guess.

zoogies I appreciate the clandestine nature of your theories. I like that kind of stuff, true or not. It's fun to puzzle over.

The Dennard injury is interesting because NOBODY is talking about him this week. Likely that's because Kansas ranks 102nd in the nation in scoring offense and has scored an average of 10 points in their previous four games against teams who haven't recently fired their coach Colorado. I would still like to see if they have any progress updates on him specifically, though.

It's also interesting that the chorus of folks telling us that Lee is out for the season have stopped. Maybe it's because all of those "insiders" know he's out and nobodies truly asking anymore, or maybe it's because those initial reports were exaggerated and he's not, or maybe nobody really knows. It's encouraging that he's practicing, but to what extent he's practicing is anyone's guess.

The most encouraging thing about Taylor is the lack of brace on his knee or ankle. If he was really, truly hurt (especially in the knee as I openly feared) he'd certainly be wearing some sort of protective equipment there. I'm far more encouraged by his apparent lack of medical protection than anything else.

One thing that Sipple noted in his BLOG is the comment in Rosenthal's piece on QBs that Sipple caught - The very prominent mention of Ron Kellogg, Jr. as someone Zac is mentoring.

We don't need Kellogg if Martinez, Lee and Green are healthy. We do if they aren't.

Stay tuned, I guess.

I wondered this last week when Cody got dinged up. I thought about whether Ronny might see some game time, but my question was quickly answered when Taylor came jogging into the game.

I know Ron has gotten good reviews for how he's run the scout team, and was curious how he'd respond in a game situation. I think he does play an integral role in our offense. He's the super duper ridiculoid emergency QB. Like it or not, he's probably our 6th most able QB, after Taylor, Zac, Cody, Rex, and Alex. It's a toss up between him and Latravis, but they've both had about the same time practicing as a QB in our system. I wonder what it says about him, though, that the coaches would rather run the Joker with Rex than put him in if everyone else is banged up. Gotta feel bad for Latravis, though.

Anyway, if he keeps his nose to the grindstone and keeps perfecting himself in our system, I could see him passing up Cody for the #2 spot sometime in the future (assuming Carnes doesn't, which most people think is likely. In this case, Ron is #3. Throw in Jamal and possibly Bubba, and it just becomes a total clusterf*ck. Sure will be fun to watch though!)