Coaching to Win Against KU

Thank you mnhusker... I THOUGHT that Taylor did NOT take a snap at QB and that we actually called a timeout, but wasn't sure, so I didn't want to say anything. He was clearly NOT able to play effectively. I am also glad to see someone else notice that he was limping around a lot. I was drinking a bit, so it's nice to know that my vision was still ok.. :wasted

I agree with all of your post, but unfortunately, I am not sure that NU is in much of a position to even worry about "style" points. It would take a pretty bizzare situation for NU to leap clear to the 2 spot.... I know that it is still a possibility, but not very likely... I think we should just be concerned about winning each of the final three and the Big 12....Head to the Fiesta Bowl, beat Pitt and finish 13-1 and probably then #2 or #3 in the final poll.

Thank you mnhusker... I THOUGHT that Taylor did NOT take a snap at QB and that we actually called a timeout, but wasn't sure, so I didn't want to say anything. He was clearly NOT able to play effectively. I am also glad to see someone else notice that he was limping around a lot. I was drinking a bit, so it's nice to know that my vision was still ok.. :wasted

I agree with all of your post, but unfortunately, I am not sure that NU is in much of a position to even worry about "style" points. It would take a pretty bizzare situation for NU to leap clear to the 2 spot.... I know that it is still a possibility, but not very likely... I think we should just be concerned about winning each of the final three and the Big 12....Head to the Fiesta Bowl, beat Pitt and finish 13-1 and probably then #2 or #3 in the final poll.

Good point, this is not going to be our NC year, I'd love to see us win out and be able to firm up the recruiting class and get a good start for next year. At the end of the day I'm glad that it was a tough game because is was a blast for me and the family that Joined. Than we drove back to MN and most flew back to OR and UT.

I respect your opinion and if you have followed any of my post over the years, I am one who rarely, if ever, stirs the pot, and always respects everyone's "opinion"..... I just can't buy the idea of further injuring your number 1 playmaker, by playing him at the beginning of a game in which you are clearly the favorite.... IF he is 100%, then by all means, play Taylor. I disagree with the notion that Cody Green isn't good enough to win on Saturday. Cody DID nothing to hurt NU at ISU.... He managed a very conservative offense and actually made huge plays on our go ahead TD drive with 3 tremendous throws and reads, especially to Kinnie and Reed... Yes, on 3rd and 2 late in the game, he DID short hop a pass (that should have NEVER been called by Watson), but he was pressured and couldn't step into the throw.

I was at Ames, and kept a constant eye on Taylor....thinking that the close game constituted an "emergency", but it was obvious that he was limping on the sideline and when Bo said "emergency", he meant ONLY if Cody was injured. If he was ok to play, as you claimed, then NO WAY does he only see a snap at WR in the wildcat...

This team will not look past KU like SDSU....Becuase Cody went on the road and won, I don't believe that Bo would be sending the wrong message to the team...In fact, by starting a Taylor, who isn't 100%, could absolutely send a worse message... The team knows whether or not Taylor is 100%, and if not, and Bo starts him...He would basically be telling everyone that we aren't good enough to win without T-Mart. Consequently, if he remains injured, the team could lose ALL confidence heading into aTm and CU with a backup QB.

You have your opinion and bring up valid points...but as a coach myself, I would never risk further injury to my top player if he wasn't 100%. If Taylor would furhter hurt his ankle/knee and miss the remainder of the season because he played "early" in a game he may not have too, it would go down as one of the worst decisions ever.

Play him IF we need him to win.... and that won't be known until halftime.

I respect your post and wasn't trying to stir the pot and I agree with you. But if he is 100% healthy he should play until we are in a comfortable position. My argument was saying that people who say we shouldn't start him because KU is a "for sure" win even if he is healthy is just crazy. If Taylor is good to go he should play if not let him rest another week, but to not start him if he is 100% isn't a smart move IMHO.

Either way let's get this W boys. :bigredn:

OK 1st tayor went into the IOWA State and we took a time out then moved him to a decoy at WR and burkhead in the wildcat took a snap for 20+ yards. I was at the game and for a few moments when T-Mart was in the energy went sky high .... but to keep it real he did have a limp as he went to the WR position.

I was re-watching the game a few days ago and noticed this as well. He must have got sprained pretty good to still be limping a week later.