The man at the center of the Cam Newton fiasco is former Husker commit Justin Rogers's father, Kenny

Nexus

i'm just worried about seeing the name mason wald again... that guy was such a loser and some many people were soo high on him...

but other than that i'm not worried either

I'll admit it I was pretty high on the guy and was excited to see him commit. I watched his film and was impressed on how he attacked the football. I hated to see him leave the program but his presence isn't missed because we have plenty of talent in that position. Why was he a loser? Because he left the team?

:facepalm:

Rogers had no offers he could commit to, besides ours. Reason being the guy was, 'slow', in the classroom. No one thought he had a chance to make grades. If he had good grades, no way in heck does Rogers leave the South, since he would have offers everywhere. Somehow he managed to make the grades, got to Nebraska, and thought he didn't need to go to class anymore. He left because his sense of entitlement was a little too huge for the team.

But hey, I bet the article got some nice hits.

Does anyone know if it would be a recruiting violation to say I want to play with my friend? That is what I took from the article - not that there was money involved but more that he might have gotten his friend in as well. I think that is perfectly legal - just curious if anyone has more insight than me.

i'm just worried about seeing the name mason wald again... that guy was such a loser and some many people were soo high on him...

I'll admit it I was pretty high on the guy and was excited to see him commit. I watched his film and was impressed on how he attacked the football. I hated to see him leave the program but his presence isn't missed because we have plenty of talent in that position. Why was he a loser? Because he left the team?

yeah your right... a little rash on my part... personally i dont know if he was a lose or a cancer to the team or a quitter or way over his head or whatever... but in terms of delivering on the field after the hype given to him on here (not his fault) and the way he just kinda slinked off made me use the word.... no disrespect to the guy personally just on the field or off he seemed like a complete waste of time and way over his head... but i can understand as bo goes after kids who most think aren't worth it and many have paid off.. so i guess if he worked out it would be another example of excellent recruiting.. however i just thought he was too hyped... good motor not much else....

yeah your right... a little rash on my part... personally i dont know if he was a lose or a cancer to the team or a quitter or way over his head or whatever... but in terms of delivering on the field after the hype given to him on here (not his fault) and the way he just kinda slinked off made me use the word.... no disrespect to the guy personally just on the field or off he seemed like a complete waste of time and way over his head... but i can understand as bo goes after kids who most think aren't worth it and many have paid off.. so i guess if he worked out it would be another example of excellent recruiting.. however i just thought he was too hyped... good motor not much else....

Its all good I was just wondering if you knew anything else like of the field problems or something eles. He had a great motor just didn't pan out at Nebraska which was diappointing but looks like we're doing good without him.

i met and knew justin as well as a random friend could I suppose. Hung out with him and several other players on more than one occasion. He liked basketball, always wanting to play pick up games over the top of anything else. He simply didnt have the heart to dedicate to football like you need to at a div 1 level. Good enough guy, but rested on his laurels if you will. Crap doenst work out sometimes. Never got the impression that he was trying to take advantage of anything or stuff like that...just that football really wasnt what he wanted in life.

• Fire 1

i met and knew justin as well as a random friend could I suppose. Hung out with him and several other players on more than one occasion. He liked basketball, always wanting to play pick up games over the top of anything else. He simply didnt have the heart to dedicate to football like you need to at a div 1 level. Good enough guy, but rested on his laurels if you will. Crap doenst work out sometimes. Never got the impression that he was trying to take advantage of anything or stuff like that...just that football really wasnt what he wanted in life.

Thanks for sharing. (Really, thanks. I’m not being sarcastic.) Sometimes it’s easy for us interwebs looky-loos to label a guy without really knowing the situation. It’s the rare occurrence when someone actually has a bit of personal knowledge about the person or situation.

If Rogers never played for us is there any punishment we could even get? We wouldn't have to forfeit any wins, but would we have to give up scholarships? It seems like it would be a small probation rather than something massive like USC and what's sure to happen at UNC. And that's if anything even happened, which I'm sure nothing did.

If he supposedly committed to Tubberville at TT then why isnt he on their commit list. This writer must have no idea what he is talking about. Also, I never thought Justin Rogers as being that highly rated.

The article has a link in it or report that Tuberville has rescinded the scholarship offer.

In no way am I accusing Tuberville or Pelini of absolutely anything.

Yes he is, hes insinuating that because Cam Newton's father tried to get Rodgers to get Miss St. to pay Cam that every other athlete that Rodgers has had contact with, including his son, is the same... Also that he had a friend want to go to the same school was fishy.

What a freaking joke.

On a side note, Don Imus worked on the radio for a long time until he got in trouble by making racist comments on air towards a woman's basketball team. Now I'm not accusing Brooks of being a misogynistic racist, he's probably a decent guy, but he is on the radio... I'm just saying.