Greetings from Michigan

If this is the wrong place for this, then MODs feel free to move the thread. I have not been around this site before so I am still feeling it out. I've been a Michigan fan my whole life and got my degree from U of M in 07. Needless to say, it's been a little rough the last couple years. I've been told it's somewhat similar to what you guys went through under Callahan.

I won't be trolling or trash talking on here, but I a fan of college football in general and I like to hear different viewpoints. And hopefully I can contribute sometimes. Living in Michigan, I don't get to see too many Big XII games unless they are national (although FSN Detroit usually carries an early Big XII game for some reason), but I have seen the Huskers play a couple times this season. My best friend is actually a huge Nebraska fan and has never really given a good reason why, but I do get to talk Big XII with him sometimes.

Michigan and Nebraska are two of the historically great college football teams and I have a lot of respect for that. Plus I have always hated Texas and Oklahoma. And it would be great, IMO, for Nebraska to exit the Big XII by winning the conference and going out on top. Starting next season our teams will be meeting every season and hopefully it will be a great rivalry. There is a little recent history there with the 1997 split National Championship and the 05 Alamo Bowl.

Good luck with the rest of your season and welcome to the Big Ten next year.

Thanks for the kind words and welcome to huskerboard.com. You'll find that we welcome folks from other teams with open arms and appreciate the outside perspective. Unfortunately we tend to look at our world through scarlet and cream glasses, but I'm sure you can understand that through your maize and blue glasses. You'll probably get some ribbing for the split national title comment from 1997, but it's all in good fun. We hope we can bring the Big XII trophy back to our house to end our time with them right. We look forward to our challenging schedule next season and seeing how we can compete in the Big 10. Should be very interesting.

If this is the wrong place for this, then MODs feel free to move the thread. I have not been around this site before so I am still feeling it out. I've been a Michigan fan my whole life and got my degree from U of M in 07. Needless to say, it's been a little rough the last couple years. I've been told it's somewhat similar to what you guys went through under Callahan.

I won't be trolling or trash talking on here, but I a fan of college football in general and I like to hear different viewpoints. And hopefully I can contribute sometimes. Living in Michigan, I don't get to see too many Big XII games unless they are national (although FSN Detroit usually carries an early Big XII game for some reason), but I have seen the Huskers play a couple times this season. My best friend is actually a huge Nebraska fan and has never really given a good reason why, but I do get to talk Big XII with him sometimes.

Michigan and Nebraska are two of the historically great college football teams and I have a lot of respect for that. Plus I have always hated Texas and Oklahoma. And it would be great, IMO, for Nebraska to exit the Big XII by winning the conference and going out on top. Starting next season our teams will be meeting every season and hopefully it will be a great rivalry. There is a little recent history there with the 1997 split National Championship and the 05 Alamo Bowl.

Good luck with the rest of your season and welcome to the Big Ten next year.

Cool, wear your colors proudly on this board.

The split national title thing is a pretty sore subject in Michigan. Don't think I will ever forget that Nebraska-Mizzou game. It must have been pretty wild for you guys, thinking the ball was going to fall incomplete, then watching it get kicked up and caught. Out of curiosity, is Nebraska continuing any Big XII rivalries after this season? Playing Oklahoma every year in the OOC schedule is probably unrealistic, but will it be done sporadically? Or maybe Texas or Mizzou?

The split national title thing is a pretty sore subject in Michigan. Don't think I will ever forget that Nebraska-Mizzou game. It must have been pretty wild for you guys, thinking the ball was going to fall incomplete, then watching it get kicked up and caught. Out of curiosity, is Nebraska continuing any Big XII rivalries after this season? Playing Oklahoma every year in the OOC schedule is probably unrealistic, but will it be done sporadically? Or maybe Texas or Mizzou?

There was some talk about rescheduling OU around 2021 I think, since it would be the 50th anniversary of the Game of the Century... But I doubt it will become a regular series, and I don't see us continuing with anyone else from the old Big 8. No way we're continuing with any of the Texas teams.

Welcome to the board! Looking forward to the rivalry. We got away with one in 97. I was at that Mizzou game ... amazing, lucky ... and we should have lost the game and no championship that year.

All the best,

SheepdogMark

I really hope you are not serious with this comment? People forget that had that pass fallen incomplete, it would have been 4th down and one or two seconds still on the clock, time for another play. Michigan only has a share because they didn't have to play NU. NU would have lit that team up, BIGTIME. They would have suffered the same wrath Tennessee and Peyton Manning did. Sometimes, you need a little luck to win a title. NU won that game at Mizzou fair and square and would have killed Michigan. Michigan fans (secretely) are lucky they didnt have to play NU, most knowing they would have been smoked! Still irks me NU had to share that title.

Welcome to the board, Woolverine4Life. I’m looking forward to seeing the Big House decked out in red in 53 weeks.

And SheepdogMark: The ’97 Huskers would have crushed the Vulvarines. Just ask Peyton Manning.