Sherman

I don’t know how much insight Pelini has about Sherman from their GB days. Maybe some. Sherman has aTm running some sort of pseudo West Coast Offense, like he ran when he got fired from the Packers a couple years after Pelini left. The Aggies don’t exactly have Brett Favre and Ahman Green, but they been racking up some pretty big numbers so far this year.

A&M seems to be finishing out the season strong. Not sure why it took them so long (change of QB maybe?) but they appear to be a stronger team now than they were a few weeks ago. Playing in College Station at night worries me.

For good reason. This is going to be a tough game to walk away from with a win. A lot of that (obviously) depends on how dangerous Taylor's ankle will let him be on the ground.

A&M seems to be finishing out the season strong. Not sure why it took them so long (change of QB maybe?) but they appear to be a stronger team now than they were a few weeks ago. Playing in College Station at night worries me.

Most Aggie fans will tell you that Jerrod Johnson's shoulder never completely healed from his off season shoulder surgery. I have season tickets and noticed in the frist half of our first game that his passes lacked zipped and fluttered. This was clearly the case when he threw 4 interceptions in the 3rd quarter against FIU. JJ is a class act and has been a leader during his 5 years at A&M, Sherman was very reluctant to pull him and insert Tannehill, so we struggled with 5 turnovers in a game we lost at Oklahoma State on the final play of the game and the offense continued to sputter a week latter as Johnson's passes fluttered in a 7 point loss to Arkansas. Since Ryan Tannehill was finally inserted in the KU game the entire team has taken off and has a different swagger about them. In his first start he broke a school record and passed for 450 yards against Texas Tech. The next week he played smart with both his feet and his arm and the defense was lights out against OU. We struggled in the first half last night but finished the game on a 28-0 run and shutdown RGIII in the 2nd half.

Not sure how the Sherman/Pelini dynamic will play out. We really don't run the west coast offense, we run a hybrid spread-hurry up since it is the offense that so many Texas High Schools are running these days and guys come to campus already comfortable with the tempo and style. The only thing that resembles his offense at Green Bay is the off tackle zone that we run out of the offset I formation.

If A&M is in fact running a spread offense, I think our D matches up very well with that style (i.e. MU). The biggest deal in my mind is how to stop the running QB on scrambles (i.e. Gilbert/Gabbert) especially since TAMU's QB seems to be athletically equipped to better scramble than either of the 2 I noted which actually gave NU fits. It is probably true that the NU D didn't really consider the other 2 guys a threat and therefore didn't plan for it at all, where in this case they would.

Our O had better be careful. If we come out flat, it will be a frustrating day. Need to come out and play inspired O for the first time since MU, however, in the case of TAMU, NU must continue to play that O the whole game unlike the MU game where one quarter won it.