video tribute to Turner Gill

np_husker

A few points. First off, Turner is a good coach. We don't know how it would have worked out, but we know that Turner is a good coach. Secondly, Osborne picked Bo because he thought defense was a priority. Tom is not a puppet for the people with the cash. Rather, TO is the man that the people with money trust to make the best decision for the university. Can you blame them? Lastly, although Bo is a very good coach and although we REALLY appreciate all that he has done for the program, it would be VERY lame not to acknowledge the good luck that Bo has enjoyed along the way. Alex's 57-yard field goal, Suh's hit on Gabbert, the injury to Bradford, this year's overtime interception. Every coach needs fortunate breaks. Bo is no different. Had those breaks gone against us, we would not enjoy the status we do now.

57 yard field goal? Bo asked if he could make it, he said yes, Bo said go do it. Luck? considering we watch him make 2-3 out of 3 from that distance EVERY GAME IN WARMUPS, Luck has little to do with it. Suh's hit on Gabbert? How was Gabbert doing BEFORE he got hurt? Bradford's Injury? That china doll? I honestly do not think he woulda made the difference. Interception in overtime, after watching this over and over, Hagg had it read, he had a good break on the ball, and tho it may look like he wouldnve got there with a well thrown ball cuz of the angle he took towards a poorly thrown pass, i believe he woulda made the play anyway some way some how. It's not luck, it's good coaching.

A few points. First off, Turner is a good coach. We don't know how it would have worked out, but we know that Turner is a good coach. Secondly, Osborne picked Bo because he thought defense was a priority. Tom is not a puppet for the people with the cash. Rather, TO is the man that the people with money trust to make the best decision for the university. Can you blame them? Lastly, although Bo is a very good coach and although we REALLY appreciate all that he has done for the program, it would be VERY lame not to acknowledge the good luck that Bo has enjoyed along the way. Alex's 57-yard field goal, Suh's hit on Gabbert, the injury to Bradford, this year's overtime interception. Every coach needs fortunate breaks. Bo is no different. Had those breaks gone against us, we would not enjoy the status we do now.

I have to disagree, Turner has done nothing to prove he is a good head coach. Not saying he won't, but as of right now nothing has impressed me. I am very happy he is not the HC on our sidelines.

Turner doesn't have any coaching success to consider. Please. Look at his resume at Nebraska. Guess none of that means jack cause he was an assistant coach. Ask players what they think of Mr. Gill. Go ask Scott Frost if he learned anything from Gill. I think Gill might have a future at this coaching business, but I could be wrong. And, yes, LUCK. Don't tell me you want to have an entire game come down to Alex drilling another 57 yarder this weekend in Aggie land. Just recently he had one...umm...blocked. No one wants to see a game come down to a make it or else 57 yard kick. On the Gabbert point, well, he was moving around pretty well at Memorial Stadium a couple weeks back. Do you think we would have won had he been doing that in Columbia last year? And the pick. Right. Was it also good coaching that we lost a 14 point lead in the fourth quarter? Oh and on the play in question, was it great coaching that a guy was available for a successful conversion and that a bad throw gave Haag his pick chance. Yes. Great coaching. No need for luck. You are right. I am wrong. Ooops, almost forgot about Mr. Bradford. Have you seen him lighting up the world for the Rams of late? Yea, he totally sucks.

They couldn't have Turner come back and say nothing. He's one of our most-loved sons. We absolutely had to make note of his return, and I thought they did it in a really classy way.

Not shocking, considering it was TO.

Turner was an asset at NU Playing and coaching. It was welcomed. :bigredn:

he is one of us. He deserves our support. some of you were not around to watch him play so I understand you may not feel a bond. I was one who saw him play on saturdays. I had a scoring explosion poster hanging in my room(only us oldtimers know what that is). he was a heisman runner up, played his ass off for us, coached three great qb's at NU for us and will always be a beloved Nebraskan. the video was typical understated , not to flashy,TO. I thought it was fine.

I live in KC so I get to see/hear a lot about him as a coach. maybe he wont be a great coach..i do not know..maybe he will.. but as of right now he has NOTHING at kansas to work with. no AD, not a lot of talent, and not excatly a football recruiting mecca to begin with except the last 5 years. even Mangino lost 6 or 7 last year with those kids and other NFL talent before getting fired.

I now pull for Kansas ANY time they are not playing or impacting NU because of turner...he is probably one of the best men many of us know. I think his story is still largely waiting to unfold. give him time.

Turner doesn't have any coaching success to consider. Please. Look at his resume at Nebraska. Guess none of that means jack cause he was an assistant coach. Ask players what they think of Mr. Gill. Go ask Scott Frost if he learned anything from Gill. I think Gill might have a future at this coaching business, but I could be wrong. And, yes, LUCK. Don't tell me you want to have an entire game come down to Alex drilling another 57 yarder this weekend in Aggie land. Just recently he had one...umm...blocked. No one wants to see a game come down to a make it or else 57 yard kick. On the Gabbert point, well, he was moving around pretty well at Memorial Stadium a couple weeks back. Do you think we would have won had he been doing that in Columbia last year? And the pick. Right. Was it also good coaching that we lost a 14 point lead in the fourth quarter? Oh and on the play in question, was it great coaching that a guy was available for a successful conversion and that a bad throw gave Haag his pick chance. Yes. Great coaching. No need for luck. You are right. I am wrong. Ooops, almost forgot about Mr. Bradford. Have you seen him lighting up the world for the Rams of late? Yea, he totally sucks.

Have you actually asked any past players what they think of Gill?

He was a great player, coach, and part of this program for years and years then discarded by one of the worst coaches any school has ever had; the program owed him a little something nice. Anyone who complains about this is just looking for something to complain about.