this week's practices

I apologize if im posted in the wrong place(if so please tell me where to find out), but im wondering how Taylor has looked this week in practice and if Bo has held him back?

i heard he was limping after the game Saturday and Im very nervous about him playing at Kyle this weekend. A&M's defense will suprise some people, they are very fast and I dont know if we can run on the outside on them. That means we will have to run straight at them and rely on Taylors arm.

Hope it works

This is from Tuesday's Lincoln Journal Star.

Martinez apparently experienced smooth sailing in practice Monday. "No problems," Pelini said.

Regarding aTm's speed on defense, I honestly hope we attack them right up the gut. We've proven time and again we can move the ball against anyone when we play north to south. IMO there's no better way to neutralize speed than by dominant blocking and running between the tackles. Also, I see no reason to doubt Martinez' passing ability. Aside from his INT vs KU (his 1st INT in Big 12 play), he's shown a knack for connecting on big pass plays all over the field, and that's a very good thing for our offense.

Martinez apparently experienced smooth sailing in practice Monday. "No problems," Pelini said.

Regarding aTm's speed on defense, I honestly hope we attack them right up the gut. We've proven time and again we can move the ball against anyone when we play north to south. IMO there's no better way to neutralize speed than by dominant blocking and running between the tackles. Also, I see no reason to doubt Martinez' passing ability. Aside from his INT vs KU (his 1st INT in Big 12 play), he's shown a knack for connecting on big pass plays all over the field, and that's a very good thing for our offense.

Agreed. They run a 3-4, and the best way to attack it is right up the gut.

The quote is somewhat comforting, but I think it is important to realize how enigmatic the staff has been in terms of responding to questions about injuries throughout the season. I don't think we'll have a definitive idea of how Martinez is really doing until S. A. T U R. D A Y. night.

I finally watched the rest of the game last night. While Martinez might not be completely back to speed, he's well enough that he really didn't have a noticable gimp so to speak. He might not be breaking any 60+ yard runs, but it appears he definitely is healthy enough to get 10-15 yards down the field which should be good enough. Basically, this game comes down to the fundamentals. As long as we're not turning the ball over, I think we should be fine.

According to the staff, Lee and Martinez have been healthy since last week. Which was obviously a lie.

I will not believe anything they say ever in reference to injuries, or much else for that matter

Agree 100%. It's all coach speak and misinformation.

While I agree that I won't believe anything the staff says regarding injuries in the future, this is the best thing the staff can do. It does not allow an opposing team to game plan for a particular person.

If A&M believes Tmart is healthy they'll obviously have someone from the scout team mirroring him. If he doesn't play and we change some sets, we may be able to catch them in something they haven't prepared for.

It's basically a poker match, so why would we want to show our hand?

OWH notes about Wednesday practice...

LINCOLN Quarterback Taylor Martinez is apparently practicing like his old self again. Now, Nebraska will need him to play like it.

The redshirt freshman sprained an ankle against Missouri Oct. 30, and he's supposedly been getting healthier since then.

Advertising

The NU coaches have always been optimistic about Martinez's recovery, though the talented playmaker didn't play at Iowa State and was limited against Kansas. Their positive assessments continued Wednesday after practice.

Offensive coordinator Shawn Watson said Martinez is close to 100 percent and should be fine for Saturday's trip to Texas A&M.

He's accelerating, he's making cuts on a dime, he's looked really good this week, Watson said. It's like having old Taylor back.

Now that's what I like to hear, especially the "making cuts on a dime" part. Me likey.

OWH notes about Wednesday practice...

LINCOLN — Quarterback Taylor Martinez is apparently practicing like his old self again. Now, Nebraska will need him to play like it.

The redshirt freshman sprained an ankle against Missouri Oct. 30, and he's supposedly been getting healthier since then.

Advertising

The NU coaches have always been optimistic about Martinez's recovery, though the talented playmaker didn't play at Iowa State and was limited against Kansas. Their positive assessments continued Wednesday after practice.

Offensive coordinator Shawn Watson said Martinez is close to 100 percent and should be fine for Saturday's trip to Texas A&M.

“He's accelerating, he's making cuts on a dime, he's looked really good this week,” Watson said. “It's like having old Taylor back.”

Now that's what I like to hear, especially the "making cuts on a dime" part. Me likey.

:yeah