Rollcall: Who's going to the A&M game?

krc1995

My favorite place is the Corner Bar, and it has become more popular in recent years since they've expanded in size and added a 3rd floor balcony patio (the weather will be great this weekend btw). It's a good socializing/sports bar with a great view. Other places that I recommend are Fitzwilly's (good bar food), The Dry Bean Saloon (shot bar...nothing but shots), Mad Hatters, O'Bannons, Zapatos and Logan's. If you want to dance there's a place called Daisy Dukes (haven't been since I was a sophmore and it had a different name) or two places a little further away are Hurricane Harry's, east on University or The Texas Hall of Fame (in Bryan off hwy 2818). Most of these places are 21 and up and will be packed Friday night and Saturday night during and after the game.

I'm a current student at A&M, and this is spot on. The Corner is my favorite place as well, especially on game nights. It always seems like a lot of the opposing team's fans go to the Corner, and they always appear to be having a good time. If you want to check out the most famous bar in Aggieland, the Dixie Chicken is a must-see.

I live in College Station...my husband and I will be at the game. Who all is tailgating?!?! We'll be looking for our fellow Husker fans. We are in section 501.

What kind of food are ya'll looking for? BBQ? (There are some good local places)

Honestly...the Aggie fans aren't that great...I've been here for almost 5 years...many of them take pride in destroying a town when they travel. Of course that isn't all of them and there should be some good tailgates to stop by. If anyone wants info on how town is set up or places to park, etc. let me know!

You must have some serious anger issues with A&M. Every negative Aggie post I see on this site is yours! I am starting to think you are not a real NU fan but a troll from another Texas school.

As for the people that are interested in what to do, you have to make it to Northgate and go to a couple of bars. The Dixie Chicken is a famous bar on NG that you might find fun but it gets pretty crowded. The tailgating parties will be everywhere and for the most part, people will welcome you in to visit and have a cold drink.

Hope you are treated well! Obviously husker in aggieland has had some bad experiences with some so-called-Aggies but every school has their jackasses so just disregard them if you come across them!

Looking forward to a great game and a great time!

Hey Gigem, Me and the wife are going to try to find a sports bar after the game to try and catch the Rampage vs Machida UFC fight.. Where would be the best place and closest to acomplish that..

Oh and Ill be staying the night in Austin friday and driving in sat morning..

Not sure if they'll be a place at Northgate showing the fight, the two places I would call and check would be Buffalo Wild Wings on University Dr (It's between Texas Ave and Hwy 6) and Wings N' More which is on University too.

I'll be at the game. Flying to Dallas tomorrow then driving down to College Station on Friday.

:bonesflag:

I know for a fact Buffalo Wild Wings and Fox N Hound will both show the fight and both charge cover too. BWW is $5 and FNH is $7. BWW is going to be stupid packed though. There is almost always a huge wait if you're not there early. I'm not sure what to expect this weekend though with 90K expected for the game.

Sure I've had some really rotten experiences with Aggie fans...not all of them, but it only takes a handful to ruin an experience. I am HUSKER by all means...born and raised a Husker fan. I look forward to finding the great Aggie fans I hear of and tailgating with them and enjoying a great game.

Cash parking will definitely fill up fast. Most of them open 5+ hours before the game...those on campus open even earlier. For those who can't get in early enough, Post Oak Mall has a free shuttle to the game and back. Highway 6 and Harvey Mitchell.

Again, too excited for words and now under three days. I am really looking forward to meeting some great Aggies. As far as Tailgaiting goes, I wonder if the Alumni Association has a tailgate? I know the Houstonians for Nebraska club probably does. Anyone interested could probably get some info from their website.