Texas A&M looking to break attendence record

How many of those student tickets do you suppose have been scalped to Nebraska fans? A lot of us students used to do it especially the CU game the day after Thanksgiving. We could sell those tickets, pay for our entire student tickets for the year, and typically have money left over.

If you're a Nebraska fan and got scalped a student ticket you'll be in for a suprise on gameday when you get to the gate and don't have a TAMU Student ID to accompany that ticket and they turn you away.

A few things to consider:

Nebraska has sold out more than 300 consecutive games, one of the most impressive stats in all of sports. Because of that you have a high demand for tickets and you can limit your student allotment. A&M in recent years (we've been pretty average to down right poor for the last decade) probably sells out 2-3 games per year (Texas, Texas Tech, OU, Nebraska, etc.). Therefore the Nebraska athletic department can do whatever they want to limit their students and shove them up in the corner of the South endzone at Memorial Stadium.

AS a previous poster mentioned, the 12th Man (students) get prime seats at Kyle Field, right behind the visiting teams bench from goal line to goal line bottom of the stadium to the top. The band sits right behind the visitor's bench between the 20 and 40 yard line. I haven't had as good a seat after I graduated than I did freshman to senior year, and that's the way it should be! Those are the students classmates that are competing and everyone that wants to should have the ability to go and support them on game day. This of course means that former students and other fans have to subsidize the student body. Do you know how crazy it drives $Bill Byrne that he can't charge premium rates for 50 yard line seats for half the stadium? So everyone else ends up fitting the bill, A&M has the highest season ticket prices in the Big 12 and I'll be glad to keep it that way if it means tradition is upheld and the 12th Man continues to be a factor during games.

Thanks and Gig'em

• Fire 1

AS a previous poster mentioned, the 12th Man (students) get prime seats at Kyle Field, right behind the visiting teams bench from goal line to goal line bottom of the stadium to the top. The band sits right behind the visitor's bench between the 20 and 40 yard line. I haven't had as good a seat after I graduated than I did freshman to senior year, and that's the way it should be! Those are the students classmates that are competing and everyone that wants to should have the ability to go and support them on game day. This of course means that former students and other fans have to subsidize the student body. Do you know how crazy it drives $Bill Byrne that he can't charge premium rates for 50 yard line seats for half the stadium? So everyone else ends up fitting the bill, A&M has the highest season ticket prices in the Big 12 and I'll be glad to keep it that way if it means tradition is upheld and the 12th Man continues to be a factor during games.

Thanks and Gig'em

this is outstanding

How many of those student tickets do you suppose have been scalped to Nebraska fans? A lot of us students used to do it especially the CU game the day after Thanksgiving. We could sell those tickets, pay for our entire student tickets for the year, and typically have money left over.

If you're a Nebraska fan and got scalped a student ticket you'll be in for a suprise on gameday when you get to the gate and don't have a TAMU Student ID to accompany that ticket and they turn you away.

A few things to consider:

Nebraska has sold out more than 300 consecutive games, one of the most impressive stats in all of sports. Because of that you have a high demand for tickets and you can limit your student allotment. A&M in recent years (we've been pretty average to down right poor for the last decade) probably sells out 2-3 games per year (Texas, Texas Tech, OU, Nebraska, etc.). Therefore the Nebraska athletic department can do whatever they want to limit their students and shove them up in the corner of the South endzone at Memorial Stadium.

Thanks and Gig'em

Can't tell you how much I agree with this statement. Hard to put into words how much it means to me personally to be within shouting distance of the players on the field (especially since my little brother is a walk-on freshman this year). This is going to be my last time standing with the 12th Man, and win or lose, it's been an honor and an experience I'll always cherish.

The fightin Texas Aggies know FOOTBALL. We need to learn some things from them and get 20,000 students close to the field.

Never been to a game at Memorial, but I hear you have great fans also. Maybe not the quantity, but I hear ya'll are very cordial and football wise.

If you are going to the game in College Station this weekend, I hope you have a great time. The game sold out, so Texas A&M opened more temporary seating. It should be loud and electric!

I must say, these Aggie fans are awesome. I've always had good experiences with A&M fans. I don't really remember this many visitors to the board for any other game this year. Plus they've all been really friendly and knowledgeable. Certainly my second favorite fanbase in the Big XII. Next year they'll be my favorite fanbase in the Big XII. Respect.

For those saying NE should have 20k students at a game need to remember the difference in the size of the school....25k students at UNL...A&M has significantly MORE (almost 50k).

were the greatest fans in college football...that starts somewhere. Right now we let in 8k. Im not saying we need to let in as many as aTm does, but its not bright thinking we couldnt at least double that number, and that it wouldnt be beneficial in the long run. I mean, what are we doing with stadium expansion...most of the money is going to to pretty much unobtainable seats...this isnt what nebraska football is about. Dont even try to tell me it isnt.

I don't get how this is becoming the most hyped game in Kyle Field history (or close). I know NU is in the top ten and TAMU is playing well, but NU isn't really in the national title race, TAMU is a long shot for the South title, and there isn't much history between the teams.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's awesome and love seeing any team's fans hyped for a big game. Plus it makes the challenge that much more exciting for us. But I just don't get how past Aggie home games haven't meant a lot more going in (like 95 Texas, 98 Nebraska, 98 Missouri, 04 Oklahoma, etc)

I've been tweeting all day trying to keep a husker message on the frontpage, just respectful stull like predicting a husker win, or GBR, but its fun to see a husker logo on the front page of aggie athletics.

A&M hasn't been good since 1998 (Big XII Title). We had some success in 2006, but still lost to TTU, NU, OU, and our bowl game (Cal). We are hungry, very hungry. We're on a 4 game win streak, we took care of one of our instate rivals in Tech, just upset a highly ranked OU team, and went on to took care BU (who's having their best year since the 80s) in Waco. Things haven't gone this well in a long time.