Thanks, Watson...

I actually found myself blaming Watson tonight for our last drive when we Henery kicked his 2nd FG. Why the hell did we attempt to throw it when Burky was moving the ball pretty good on the ground. We advertised our play when Paul and Kinnie came onto the field. On 3rd and 7 why not let Burky try to pick up some yards...hell, maybe even a TD. We're lucky the ball was knocked down and not intercepted.

Thanks Shawn Watson. Thank you so much for fooling us into believing that we would have an explosive offense this year. Thank you for not developing quality depth behind Taylor. Thanks for predicating every single damn part of your offense off the zone read. Enough shotgun bullsh#t. Line up and maul somebody.

Thanks also for all the illegal formations, false starts, late play calls that wind up wasting timeouts. The refs are overshadowing his shittiness.

Watson is culpable, as is the entire offensive staff right up to Bo Pelini. We now have 5 big games over the past 2 seasons where the offense did not legitimately score a touchdown. The offensive line gets bullied by any semi athletic defensive front, our QB looks lost when he's not busting 50 yard runs, and our receivers are a wild card. I've seen enough. No need to be theatrical, but it's time for a change at the end of this year. I realize that may mean no Turner, Starling, Green, etc, but there will always be recruiting casualties when a change is made.

Unfortunately, the refereeing is providing a convenient diversion from the absolutely crap offensive showing we were treated to today.

Exactly. I turned to my brother during the game and said that the personnel grouping going in on 3&7 just gave it away. I'm not the most critical Watson basher. I loved what he did with our offense in 2008, still was impressed for the most part in 09 just for the sheer ability to even remotely dial something up once in a while, given what we had to work with. But enough is enough. I get that the Power I Option attack isn't coming back, but could we at least be able to smash the middle of the D like Wisconsin does? Or hell, like we used to do? He's gotta go, especially, like I said, not developing depth behind Taylor, and predicating most everything off of the zone read.

As for Burkhead, I completely agree. The Halfback option pass would have been just what the doctor ordered on that drive, as the gaggies were selling out to stop the run.

So you believe it is Watson's fault that in 11 drives out of the game today, we had a penalty on 8 of them?

You think it is Watson's fault that Martinez cannot push off on his foot which results in horrid throws?

You think it is Watson's fault he can ask that we double Von Miller, but yet he still finds a way to get pressure?

Or you think it is Watson's fault that our WR's cannot catch, but somehow our TE's can?

But all of that will fall on deaf ears. If you think Watson was our problem tonight, you have issues.

As far as I'm concerned, every last vestige of Callahan needs to be purged from our program. His last remaining players will graduate this year and we need to let his former assistants go as well. We can't continue to move forward if we don't make a complete break from our past.

Even with Martinez, our offense looks anemic against anything but the weakest of defenses.

So you believe it is Watson's fault that in 11 drives out of the game today, we had a penalty on 8 of them?

You think it is Watson's fault that Martinez cannot push off on his foot which results in horrid throws?

You think it is Watson's fault he can ask that we double Von Miller, but yet he still finds a way to get pressure?

Or you think it is Watson's fault that our WR's cannot catch, but somehow our TE's can?

But all of that will fall on deaf ears. If you think Watson was our problem tonight, you have issues.

Penalties-No, simply put, we got rode hard and put away wet.

Martinez injury-No. Not at all. Situations like the one we were put in tonight, required a bit more creativity, and a willingness to try anything to catch lightning in a bottle on a night like tonight, where points were at a premium.

WR's not catching-This falls on Gilmore, a member of the offensive staff, which is headed up by Watson.

Von Miller-that's where the offensive play selection comes into play. Attack with the shovel pass, run a TRUE option play a la 1990's, mis-direction, toss sweeps. Anything but the zone read, reading off of Miller.

There's no question at all that our offensive staff could use some fresh blood at a few obvious positions, but tonight gentlemen, Watson could have fielded Hercules at quarterback and it still wouldn't have beaten back the darkness that has completely draped itself over the Big XII. The fix was in. I hope some lawyers are already discussing our options.