Bo Yelling at Taylor

BigRedMan

Absolutely classless move by "Coach" Bo. Embarrassment to the University. Dropping F Bomb after F Bomb against your starting QB. Horrible for recruiting, also. Who would want to play for this guy?

A grown man dropping the "F-bomb" in any context is an embarrassment to all grown men.

If what he was saying is, in fact, such... well... can we hire an adult for this job?

It is reasonable to question Bo's character and maturity -- all along from the time of his hire to now. When hired he seemed a risk to project precisely what we do not want to have connected to our program. As an ambassador of the program, the university and the state... well... it goes w/o saying that Bo needs major, major, major, major improvement. The unfortunate reality is that his reputation is not recoverable in the sense that when one is exposed this way once... well it is almost impossible to redeem ones reputation from that point forward.

And.. if TMart said what some assume he said... well he has no respect for Bo (which is perhaps not too surprising, as respect is earned). If this is the case (and it might not be)... but if it is... then NU is in much worse shape as a football program than we think.

Robsker, the F bomb is a word. It means next to nothing. If you truly think men who drop the F bomb are "an embarrassment to all grown men," I shudder to think what your opinion of our armed forces is.

Knapp:

never thought of it that way before! No... the military is fine.

For me... and this may be me alone... I don't see an appropriate place ever for that kind of thing. That said... I am a Pastor and a Professor and am hyper sensitive towards these things relative to most. I am old school and my bias is revealed in this position... but I see no place for language like that or lack of restraint in any adult leader of anything. Seems inexcusable to me. Certainly, I'd think we would all rather not have that kind of thing associated with how others see NU. Seem reasonable?

swear words are just artificially classified as wrong by society. there is nothing inherently wrong with them. as for the 'f bomb', it is quite versatile and i believe it ought to be used much more f******g regularly.

For me... and this may be me alone... I don't see an appropriate place ever for that kind of thing. That said... I am a Pastor and a Professor and am hyper sensitive towards these things relative to most. I am old school and my bias is revealed in this position... but I see no place for language like that or lack of restraint in any adult leader of anything. Seems inexcusable to me. Certainly, I'd think we would all rather not have that kind of thing associated with how others see NU. Seem reasonable?

Definitely reasonable. I'm hearing from a lot of college football fans who were embarrassed for us over Bo's behavior. A lot of his reaction was understandable, but some of it was over the top. And Bo addressed this in his presser and apologized for it today, which I very much appreciate.

I agree that swearing is not necessary. If I had my druthers there would be a zero tolerance policy for swearing on HuskerBoard. But I have come to realize a few things: That all the bombs are just words, usually used as expressive adjectives, and if they're censored with our filters they're tolerable; and I've learned that there are a LOT of folks in the military who visit HuskerBoard, or who were in the military, and the culture they're used to makes such language commonplace - and if they're willing to put their life on the line for my sorry excuse for a sack of bones, they can drop the occasional bomb here and there and I'm not going to be a jerk about it.

Absolutely classless move by "Coach" Bo. Embarrassment to the University. Dropping F Bomb after F Bomb against your starting QB. Horrible for recruiting, also. Who would want to play for this guy?

i would, because steel is forged through fire. are you really disappointed in an adult swearing? raspberries! i suppose you do not partake in the devil's nectar, either.

Tobasco sauce?

Definitely reasonable. I'm hearing from a lot of college football fans who were embarrassed for us over Bo's behavior. A lot of his reaction was understandable, but some of it was over the top. And Bo addressed this in his presser and apologized for it today, which I very much appreciate.

I agree that swearing is not necessary. If I had my druthers there would be a zero tolerance policy for swearing on HuskerBoard. But I have come to realize a few things: That all the bombs are just words, usually used as expressive adjectives, and if they're censored with our filters they're tolerable; and I've learned that there are a LOT of folks in the military who visit HuskerBoard, or who were in the military, and the culture they're used to makes such language commonplace - and if they're willing to put their life on the line for my sorry excuse for a sack of bones, they can drop the occasional bomb here and there and I'm not going to be a jerk about it.

Unfortunately, some people are so naive to think that swearing (and yelling, for that matter) are commonplace in football at nearly every level. Just like been Cotton getting his nuts twisted at the bottom of the pile. I was shocked that more people didn't know that that happens in a dogpile.

I'm not saying that just because these things are commonplace does that make them okay, but people need to realize that they happens and its not going to stop any time soon. Sadly, the most naive people tend to be quite judgmental and vocal.

Thanks Knapp... seems fine by me.

Actually... I should not call out Bo, personally... but rather simply call out the conduct exhibited. And here most of us, I'd think, agree that losing control, screaming, and whatever language is used.. berating another is probably not the best way to serve others and equip them to grow.

The extent to which I called out an individual, I apologize. But I do stand on the the point of the coach needing to be being a solid ambassador --- and appreciate that you see this as well. And, while not mentioned earlier... the concern I have is not just for appearances (re: the ambassadorial role of a coach)--- it is not even primarily for appearances... but is more centered on teaching and being a mentor to young men... here whether it is seen from the outside or not... the principle stands... treating and motivating others with dignity is the best way (berating another is not overly consistent with this notion!)

And sure... I appreciate many who have served me as well.. whether they swear or not.

Thanks Knapp..

Anyone know why he was all in Taylors face after he came out of the locker room?

This has been a LONG time coming from Bo towards Taylor. You keep pushing buttons thinking you are bigger than the team, and it will blowup eventually. Taylor is just lucky it was Bo (who the Martinez's are very close with) and not another player or coach.

Specifics as to what happened - it wouldn't matter. Someone could hit it spot on (which some have) and the vast majority of folks would call it a lie or not believe it.

Just leave it at Taylor showing off his ego and careless attitude about anyone but himself at the absolute wrong time.

Well, you see, Bo is the second coming of Jesus Christ, so no matter how unwarranted (or warranted*) his conduct was, it's just assumed Taylor was being a uppity So-Cal brat, and Bo was only doing the Huskers right,

*I have no idea what either party did/said, no point trying to create speculation about something we won't ever know about.

Anyone know why he was all in Taylors face after he came out of the locker room?

This has been a LONG time coming from Bo towards Taylor. You keep pushing buttons thinking you are bigger than the team, and it will blowup eventually. Taylor is just lucky it was Bo (who the Martinez's are very close with) and not another player or coach.

Specifics as to what happened - it wouldn't matter. Someone could hit it spot on (which some have) and the vast majority of folks would call it a lie or not believe it.

Just leave it at Taylor showing off his ego and careless attitude about anyone but himself at the absolute wrong time.

A question... and it seems you have some insights ... so your answer is something we probably need to take heed of...

... based upon what you know and what your impressions are, will Martinez be our future QB? How likely is it that NU will have to go elsewhere to find a QB?

A question... and it seems you have some insights ... so your answer is something we probably need to take heed of...

... based upon what you know and what your impressions are, will Martinez be our future QB? How likely is it that NU will have to go elsewhere to find a QB?

Honestly? After what happened this weekend I just hope Taylor goes elsewhere. It is going to blow up at some point, so it may as well be done with ASAP.

If Taylor learns to be a grown man, and actually live his life on his own instead of listening to others, these problems likely don't even exist, at least to the point they are now. But the sense of entitlement from individuals before Taylor even had success was there, and has gotten infinitely worse with his on-field success.

Go back to read Dirk's article from after the Texas game. People hated it, but that article was spot freakin' on.

Honestly? After what happened this weekend I just hope Taylor goes elsewhere. It is going to blow up at some point, so it may as well be done with ASAP.

If Taylor learns to be a grown man, and actually live his life on his own instead of listening to others, these problems likely don't even exist, at least to the point they are now. But the sense of entitlement from individuals before Taylor even had success was there, and has gotten infinitely worse with his on-field success.

Go back to read Dirk's article from after the Texas game. People hated it, but that article was spot freakin' on.

Yeah... that is what I was afraid of.

You are probably correct. I hope not --- I am sure you wish you were not correct either.

So... you know anything about the quality of redshirt performance a young man named Brion Carnes is having? I have heard nothing. It seems that Cody Green is not the answer. Lee will be gone. And, if you are right and Martinez is not the man... well Carnes I hope has it together. Any word on him?

Yeah... that is what I was afraid of.

You are probably correct. I hope not --- I am sure you wish you were not correct either.

So... you know anything about the quality of redshirt performance a young man named Brion Carnes is having? I have heard nothing. It seems that Cody Green is not the answer. Lee will be gone. And, if you are right and Martinez is not the man... well Carnes I hope has it together. Any word on him?

Brion has supposedly been lighting up our 1st team defense at points. Quite a few folks believe if a legit competition happens, he will definitely push Taylor for his job. Take that, FWIW.

I actually came on here today just to find out what that was about. As bad as Bo yelled at the officials I found this to be the strangest thing he did. Interesting that no one really knows for sure.

Question for ya Wolverine as an unbiased observer(assuming you watched the entire game)- Are we just a bunch of pouty bitches or did we get jobbed last night? Serious...I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around this one.

Thanks in advance, and if your answer is yes, you are a bunch of pouty bitches, you can go ahead and GFY :) Thanks bro!

Well I am not who you addressed the question to - but as an Iowa fan I will answer as an outside observer. You got HOSED!

I would say that a lot of Taylor's sense of entitlement came from us fans as well. After the first three non conference games we were calling the kid the next Crouch/Frazier and saying he was lock for the Heisman. Everyone beside the coaching staff was trying to curb his enthusiasm. He was cocky in press conference and after TD's and we giggled and called it swagger and him being unflappable. Now you see something you don't like and the kid is the worse thing ever. If we all thought he was this bad where was the criticism before. We saw the talent in the spring and cast aside Zac Lee and hitched our MNC hopes to T-Magic. If you are able to achieve the success he has playing a position dominated by JR and SR QB's, I would challenge any one not buy into the hype.