Bo Yelling at Taylor

BigRedMan

I would say that a lot of Taylor's sense of entitlement came from us fans as well.

No, trust me, it did not. It was there LONG before he even came to Lincoln.

I'm not disputing that. What I'm saying is he is the same guy that was scoring 80 yard TD's yet he was not a prima Donna then. He may have been bad but our fan base has defiantly contributed some.

Well, you see, Bo is the second coming of Jesus Christ, so no matter how unwarranted (or warranted*) his conduct was, it's just assumed Taylor was being a uppity So-Cal brat, and Bo was only doing the Huskers right,

*I have no idea what either party did/said, no point trying to create speculation about something we won't ever know about.

I am fairly good at reading lips and Bo definitaley started the tirade off with saying "you text your mom and dad" then he goes into a profanity laced tirad that included something about sitting his ass on the bench for the rest of the game and then he finished it up with the "now get your f'ing azz out there". I must have rewatched it 40 times trying to catch it all.

I would say that a lot of Taylor's sense of entitlement came from us fans as well.

I'm not disputing that. What I'm saying is he is the same guy that was scoring 80 yard TD's yet he was not a prima Donna then. He may have been bad but our fan base has defiantly contributed some.

I know exactly what you mean, but I don't think you understand the type of ego Taylor and those around him has either.

Seriously, Taylor and his family are truly one of a kind.

I know exactly what you mean, but I don't think you understand the type of ego Taylor and those around him has either.

BigWillie,

How do you know all this stuff? (and no, I'm not questioning your comments...just trying to get a grasp on where this info is coming from)

BigWillie,

How do you know all this stuff? (and no, I'm not questioning your comments...just trying to get a grasp on where this info is coming from)

Anyone who has ever interacted with this bunch. :lol: This isn't some secretive stuff, at all. Heck, Dirk Chatelain went pretty detailed on the situation, and he is not even close to having the most access of journalists who cover Nebraska football.

BigWillie,

Anyone who has ever interacted with this bunch. :lol: This isn't some secretive stuff, at all. Heck, Dirk Chatelain went pretty detailed on the situation, and he is not even close to having the most access of journalists who cover Nebraska football.

Gotcha! :koolaid2:

I actually came on here today just to find out what that was about. As bad as Bo yelled at the officials I found this to be the strangest thing he did. Interesting that no one really knows for sure.

Question for ya Wolverine as an unbiased observer(assuming you watched the entire game)- Are we just a bunch of pouty bitches or did we get jobbed last night? Serious...I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around this one.

Thanks in advance, and if your answer is yes, you are a bunch of pouty bitches, you can go ahead and GFY :) Thanks bro!

I didn't catch the whole game. I missed part of the first half because my friend is a ND fan and wanted to watch that while it was still close. I also missed part of the third quarter to watch OT in Ark-MSU. So I can't comment on all of the penalties. I thought most of the ones I saw were earned. The roughing the passer was possibly the worst roughing the passer call I have seen. It also came at a crucial time. I wouldn't say that officiating cost you the game, but it did help TAMU a whole lot. That said, you were never going to get any close calls once Bo started lighting into the officials every other play.

I'm surprised to hear that Bo's whole rant came about from a text to Taylor's dad. Admittedly I don't know much about Martinez (although he sounds like an overprivileged QB I know about at Michigan), but it doesn't seem like a huge deal to me if he sends a text to his dad while he is getting worked on telling him that he is OK. If that's not what the text was about or he was carrying on then I can understand, but as long as he is just sitting there getting worked on it seems like it's not a big deal to reassure his parents that nothing is broken. He is an 18-19 year old kid still. Like I said, maybe I just don't know the full dynamics of the situation, but Bo seemed way out of line on this one. I would guess it was a lot of frustration being taken out at a time that was less than ideal.

I am surprised that no one has been talking about whether or not Taylor should have been texting to his family on the field? And I know that I am treading a dangerous line talking about his family, but if it was me, I wouldn't being texting my family during the game. As a coach I would want my players mind on the game, if its something serious then I would allow them to contact his parents or have a staff member contact them. As a parent I would my child to keep his mind on the game and stay focused, and contact me afterwards as soon as possible, unless it was a serious thing. That being said, I'm sure Bo, Taylor, and Casey have all talked about it.

Could you elaborate on what Taylor and his family are like...

I could see Taylor being overly arrogant with all the adulation but is his family arrogant, too?

EDIT: And to the fellow who asked what recruit would play for Bo?

I would.

He lost it on Saturday for sure (it may have been warranted, it may have not) but no one can dispute his coaching acumen.

Im not going to get into Taylor Martinez or his family. Im not sold on the guy, but I see potential and think he could be great, but you need to turn your phone off during a game.

Bo Pelini needs to calm down, we all know that. He just looks like a psycho when hes yelling at these kids, and that goes over poorly on TV. Its the same reason Mangino got fired. I hope he realizes this.

I thought Gill was NUTS when I heard he took the kids cell phones away the night before the game. Maybe these coaches see something as a problem nowadays that most of us did not have to deal with. I didn't even get a cell til I was 22, and it was always 'digital roam' so I couldn't use it anyway, lol....

Now on to Martin-ez and his father. Before the actual season started, and there were articles about his difficulty growing up in a broken home, it seemed like he was **** sure yet humble. As the season has worn on and he has been interviewed and has the spotlight on him, he does seem/sound a tad aloof. I personally have friends who were very good athelelets gettig courted by big programs and stuff and it seemed like the ones whose best friends were their fathers, always seemed a little detached and felt like they should be held to a different standard.

I know the arguement could be made that every player is different and stuff, but really, the more times change, the more they stay the same. I hope Bo can get Martin-ez to buy in and give up his personal agenda (if there is even one) and truly truly put team first; cuz i really like T and his huge upside. But straight up, team has to come first. They are the family.

Its the same reason Mangino got fired. I hope he realizes this.

...lolwut?

Mangino was supposedly fired for stepping over the line with humiliating, abusive, and downright cruel personal attacks. That is a far cry from the angry tirades Pelini is known for. Now, if you have evidence that Pelini has crossed this line, let's hear it. Otherwise...

I would be interested, yeah.

A coach giving out an ass chewing like that isn't an uncommon thing. What's strange is that nobody saw anything to warrant it. If Taylor, or anyone else on the team, had been seen/heard doing something warranting the ass chewing, THEN nobody would care.

As it stands, people care because we're curious about exactly what TM did to earn his chat session with Bo.