Bowl Projection

FLU

From everything I've read, Nebraska will undoubtedly be headed to one of the aforementioned bowls. I've seen many possible opponents listed, including Pitt, WVU, Syracuse, Arizona (which I highly doubt since we played them last year), Stanford, Arkansas, and LSU. Where do YOU think they will end up, and who do you think they will play?

It's pretty hard to say since it'll depend entirely on how we do against Colorado, and if we win how we do in the CCG. On top of that, it depends on how potential opponents do in their final games. On top of that, we have to worry about whether Taylor can run or Zac can pass before we even begin thinking of any kind of decent bowl. If Taylor remains significantly hobbled, we're going to have a very difficult time beating Colorado, and we're going to have an even tougher time beating anyone we play in the CCG.

WAY too many variables to even begin discussing this yet.

It's pretty hard to say since it'll depend entirely on how we do against Colorado, and if we win how we do in the CCG. On top of that, it depends on how potential opponents do in their final games. On top of that, we have to worry about whether Taylor can run or Zac can pass before we even begin thinking of any kind of decent bowl. If Taylor remains significantly hobbled, we're going to have a very difficult time beating Colorado, and we're going to have an even tougher time beating anyone we play in the CCG.

True... but if you HAD to guess, who? Where? I think we find a way to beat CU, but will lose to OU in the CCG, and then will play in the Cotton against an SEC opponent.

True... but if you HAD to guess, who? Where?

Like I said, it's a nearly impossible question to answer. Way too many ifs to guess.

I don't see us playing Arizona again, either. Been there, done that. Bowl officials wouldn't want a rematch of a 33-0 drubbing last year. I am pulling for Cotton vs. LSU, who I think will lose to Arkansas...

What if LSU beats AR Kansas? Who do you see us playing in a potential Cotton Bowl matchup then? LSU's offense seems to have finally awakened, and their defense will slow down the Hogs.

The Fiesta projection is pretty easy - we'll play the Big East winner, which at this point is entirely up in the air. Pittsburgh controls their own destiny (as do the Huskers), but if they lose to West Virginia suddenly UConn has the tiebreaker of the three 4-2 teams because they beat both Pitt and WVA. So that's three potential teams right there, all of which have a realistic shot at winning the Big Least.

Guys, this isn't that hard. Given the information we have, it's pretty evident that we will most likely:

1) Beat Colorado

2) Lose to OU/Okie State in the CCG

Even if the BCS takes two Big XII schools, we won't be among them at 3 losses.

We will probably end up in the Cotton Bowl.

I recently read a story that had us going to the Insight Bowl if we lose to Colorado. There were obviously some scenarios in play like the Alamo never having had Oklahoma. Nobody wanting to pit us against Arizona again. The Stoops bros. not wanting to play each other. The most positive was that the Insight Bowl is run by the Fiesta Bowl folks and they love UNL fans in Phoenix. Of course none of it will matter is we beat Colorado and win the CCG.

We will not be going to the Cotton bowl if we lose the CCG! Period end of story. The Cotton folks will not take us since we were just there about a month after the CCG. If ATM wins they will be in the Cotton, having won 6 games in a row or OU, if available. OU has not been to the Alamo nor the Holiday in quit sometime so that is where they will be if they lose to OSU.

If we lose the CCG Alamo or Holiday (i predict)

If we lose to CU, Insight bowl with an outside shot at Holiday/Alamo (far outside shot)