Bowl Projection

FLU

It has been reported in Baton Rouge that Cotton Bowl officials are pushing hard for a Texas A&M-LSU matchup. The Alamo Bowl is considering Arizona and Washington, both of whom NU has demolished already, so they don't want a rematch. Next is line is the Insight Bowl, where officials have already stated that they would love to snag Nebraska if they are still available, most likely to play Michigan. Yippee. :sarcasm

Stanford in the Fiesta is about the only projection I've seen that would be epic. These other matchups vs. UConn/W. Virginia or Michigan/Arizona are almost exciting as watching Uncle Jim falling asleep after Thanksgiving dinner.

Well, if NU does lose the CCG, all we can hope for is that the Gator Bowl will select Michigan over Iowa (a distinct possibility). Nebraska vs. Iowa in the Insight would be intriguing.

Stanford in the Fiesta is about the only projection I've seen that would be epic. These other matchups vs. UConn/W. Virginia or Michigan/Arizona are almost exciting as watching Uncle Jim falling asleep after Thanksgiving dinner.

Well, if NU does lose the CCG, all we can hope for is that the Gator Bowl will select Michigan over Iowa (a distinct possibility). Nebraska vs. Iowa in the Insight would be intriguing.

The whispers around the Big 10 are that since we (Iowa) couldn't figure out that football is still played the same way in November as in October that we will likely end up in the Insight Bowl against either Missouri (if NE wins the CCG) or Nebraska. The Outback is probably taking Joe Pa and the Gator doesn't want a team that forgot how to play and will probably take Michigan. The talk I have heard is that A&M is pretty much locked in to the Cotton Bowl and the Alamo Bowl wants OSU or OK.

I remember a few years ago, we would have given anything for a bowl game of any type. Are we being spoiled. A bowl game is to reward the players, get extra practice. Any bowl is a great deal for this program.

Fiesta, Insight or Holiday, I will be there.

Success breeds expectations..... we were the #4 team in the country at one point, BCS or bust. gosh, im starting to sound like a mizzou fan.

We were number 1 in the country for a long time at one time. But things pass, you take what you are dealt and make the best of it.

We are not going to the BCS MNC game. We may make the Fiesta, we may not. But it will not be for a lack of trying is my guess. That is all I ever ask of the Huskers. Gives us the best you have, and where it ends up, so be it.

Very excited to see any bowl, as I remember the years of not going more clearly than all the ones we went to.

I never want to experience those days again.