Fire Shawn Watson

Kruzu

ok, so we beat a half ass CU team and now Watson is suddenly vindicated? wow..... :facepalm:

NO, TO speaking highly of Wats vindicates him. The fact that the lack of offnese can be attributed to injures vindicates him. The only arugement to fire him is lack of production last year (we have discussed all the losses he had to deal with last year) and this year playing with a third string qb who sufferd a concussion. The people who call for him to be fired seem to think that the efing third string should produce as good or better than the starter. Just like last year when Zac was hurt all year they still blame wats for poor production. I will say this again look at what happened to Alabama today when they went down to their 2nd string qb, their offense basicly shut off. Yet when wats struggels with a 3rd string qb he is ran through the ringer. Name one game when everyone was healthy that our offense was out coached, and that Wats did not have a game plan that put us in a position to win.

Why do we consistently choke against any team that doesn't life up its skirt?

Because whenever we light up a team, we consider the other team to be lifting up its skirt.

We have straight up smashed the Buffaloes today, even with Cody Green, who has had a very good and maybe even redeeming day. #3 QB and all that, it suddenly looks like we got something to work with in the CCG.

You do realize colorado just finished with 5 wins right? Bad team...

Missouri? Oklahoma State?

Colorado had everything to play for today and we were seriously ailing on offense. Down to a 3rd string QB few believed in, maybe even including the staff. Just lost our top WR at the start of the week. I don't see how this game can't be seen as a huge credit to the offense especially considering what they had to work with.

I do see this game as a huge credit to the offense, and to the staff. I thought they did well.

But it was one game, and it was against Colorado. Colorado is a bad football team.

Against Missouri, we only managed one touchdown after Martinez left the game, and Martinez played his tail off against Oklahoma State.

If we put up a solid offensive performance next week, then I'll be impressed. But if they go out and play another game where they don't even score an offensive touchdown...

Against Missouri, we put up 454 yards and very obviously saw the reins pulled after Helu's final touchdown run, which was on Lee's second or third drive. And Oklahoma State is something to be taken from Watson because Martinez played his tail off? I think it was because we identified their weaknesses with the pass and rather surprisingly decided we could throw it all over them, which we did.

I think after last week's performance most (including me) figured we would struggle to move the ball on CU with our hands tied with Cody and Rex running the show. It wasn't the case; bad CU team or not, they are not worse than Kansas or Iowa State, two games in which we had Taylor hobbled (he played the KU game) but clearly were not running on full cylinders without him.

It feels quite like everyone was ready and waiting to jump all over Watson for not figuring out how to use a third string QB (when Bo was responsible for being conservative with that situation) and now that there's nothing to jump over, they've switched over to "Meh, it was OK but nothing special."

Where are all these Watson apologists when we're putting up 6 points against a below average defense like A&M?

I was here pointing out that wats had us in a position to win if the plays had been exicuted properly. i.e. throwin ints, fumbes, ect.

Every play works if it's executed properly. But sometimes poor execution is a result of poor strategy.

The Texas game is an example where I don't think Watson can be blamed too much - all we had to do was catch the ball.

The A&M game was something else entirely.

ok, so we beat a half ass CU team and now Watson is suddenly vindicated? wow..... :facepalm:

NO, TO speaking highly of Wats vindicates him. The fact that the lack of offense can be attributed to injures vindicates him. The only argument to fire him is lack of production last year (we have discussed all the losses he had to deal with last year) and this year playing with a third string qb who suffered a concussion. The people who call for him to be fired seem to think that the efing third string should produce as good or better than the starter. Just like last year when Zac was hurt all year they still blame wats for poor production. I will say this again look at what happened to Alabama today when they went down to their 2nd string qb, their offense basically shut off. Yet when wats struggles with a 3rd string qb he is ran through the ringer. Name one game when everyone was healthy that our offense was out coached, and that Wats did not have a game plan that put us in a position to win.

no, no, no! even when TM was healthy, he couldn't call anything but the zone read against Texas, even though it was defensed perfectly by UT, he kept calling the same damn play. same dead run calls against A&M, never threw on first down, showed no confidence in Cody, couldn't call plays for him, just kept calling the same lame sh#t....Big 12 Championship game coming up, you think the guy might open up the playbook for Green? doubtful.......his play calling still sucks and always will...without TM, he has no clue, with TM he is barely able to scheme anything different.

Every play works if it's executed properly. But sometimes poor execution is a result of poor strategy.

The Texas game is an example where I don't think Watson can be blamed too much - all we had to do was catch the ball.

The A&M game was something else entirely.

Hercules, I'd put the SDSU at the top of the game for strategy-related issues, but the entire staff as well as all the players were unprepared for it as anything more than a scrimmage.

Glad we see eye to eye on Texas.

Against A&M our options were hobbled Taylor and deer-in-headlights Green. I did wonder where the Rexcat was that game, but honestly penalties really killed us. A young, fragile and hobbled offense wasn't able to respond well to tough 2nd and 3rd down situations all day in that stadium and I think that is basically the storyline of what happened. Still, I am disappointed in the offense but Cody clearly wasn't in the game that day and Taylor was clearly toughing out some serious ankle pain, so I don't know what you can do.

NO, TO speaking highly of Wats vindicates him. The fact that the lack of offense can be attributed to injures vindicates him. The only argument to fire him is lack of production last year (we have discussed all the losses he had to deal with last year) and this year playing with a third string qb who suffered a concussion. The people who call for him to be fired seem to think that the efing third string should produce as good or better than the starter. Just like last year when Zac was hurt all year they still blame wats for poor production. I will say this again look at what happened to Alabama today when they went down to their 2nd string qb, their offense basically shut off. Yet when wats struggles with a 3rd string qb he is ran through the ringer. Name one game when everyone was healthy that our offense was out coached, and that Wats did not have a game plan that put us in a position to win.

no, no, no! even when TM was healthy, he couldn't call anything but the zone read against Texas, even though it was defensed perfectly by UT, he kept calling the same damn play. same dead run calls against A&M, never threw on first down, showed no confidence in Cody, couldn't call plays for him, just kept calling the same lame sh#t....Big 12 Championship game coming up, you think the guy might open up the playbook for Green? doubtful.......his play calling still sucks and always will...without TM, he has no clue, with TM he is barely able to scheme anything different.

Hunter, I think you are COMPLETELY wrong here about the Texas game where we dusted off some brand new formations and route/route combinations that caught the Longhorns way off guard on several occasions.

We threw 5 times on first down against A&M by my count. If you want the offense to throw more, maybe you should pine for an offense that isn't 70-75% run. No confidence in Cody that game I can agree with but you are really talking about Bo there IMO.

no, no, no! even when TM was healthy, he couldn't call anything but the zone read against Texas, even though it was defensed perfectly by UT, he kept calling the same damn play. same dead run calls against A&M, never threw on first down, showed no confidence in Cody, couldn't call plays for him, just kept calling the same lame sh#t....Big 12 Championship game coming up, you think they guy might open up the playbook for Green? doubtful.......his play calling still sucks and always will...without TM, he has no clue, with TM he is barely able to scheme anything different.

I must be remembering that game wrong becuase I seem to remember some very well called pass plays to wide open recievers. as for the A&M game once agian called plays to our strength and if it weren't for two ints on poor throws we would have won. But Watson basher don't care what actually happnes on the field the basic logic is Did we score a bunch of points? No, fire the OC.

I do see this game as a huge credit to the offense, and to the staff. I thought they did well.

But it was one game, and it was against Colorado. Colorado is a bad football team.

Against Missouri, we only managed one touchdown after Martinez left the game, and Martinez played his tail off against Oklahoma State.

If we put up a solid offensive performance next week, then I'll be impressed. But if they go out and play another game where they don't even score an offensive touchdown...

Against Missouri, we put up 454 yards and very obviously saw the reins pulled after Helu's final touchdown run, which was on Lee's second or third drive. And Oklahoma State is something to be taken from Watson because Martinez played his tail off? I think it was because we identified their weaknesses with the pass and rather surprisingly decided we could throw it all over them, which we did.

I think after last week's performance most (including me) figured we would struggle to move the ball on CU with our hands tied with Cody and Rex running the show. It wasn't the case; bad CU team or not, they are not worse than Kansas or Iowa State, two games in which we had Taylor hobbled (he played the KU game) but clearly were not running on full cylinders without him.

It feels quite like everyone was ready and waiting to jump all over Watson for not figuring out how to use a third string QB (when Bo was responsible for being conservative with that situation) and now that there's nothing to jump over, they've switched over to "Meh, it was OK but nothing special."

The reason I mention Martinez is because the offense had reverted to 2009 form without Martinez at 100%. I give credit to Watson today, he came out with a great game plan, the guys executed well, and the offense performed efficiently as a result.

However, this was a bad CU team. We have to be efficient against good defenses on a consistent basis, and we haven't been that over the past 2 years, plain and simple.

I also am not expecting us to go out and score 45 points next week, and I'm not the kind of guy where if we don't, I'm going to be upset with Watson. We'll still probably be with our 3rd string QB, and without our top WR, and are in general banged up. But, if our defense pitches another masterpiece and we lose in 12-9 fashion, I'm going to be upset again, because even with our problems, you should be able to score a touchdown on OU or OSU.

We had about 50 dropped passes against Texas, and this hurf durf take the reigns off Green talk is ridiculous. This is the 1st game where he has instilled confidence in ANYONE. He fumbles, throws bad passes, hesitates when making decisions, the list goes on.

Going back to the Texas game, even Lee could move the ball, but we didn't score because players simply WERE. NOT. EXECUTING.

Yea, let's fire Wats and magically every problem we have on offense goes away, right? All injuries are healed, no bonehead penalties, receivers catch every ball, linemen blow everyone off the line, etc etc etc etc

For the ones that want Watson gone, who would you like to see as the new OC and explain why?

This is a red herring. It is not incumbent upon those calling for Watson's head to name his successor, just like it wasn't necessary to name Callahan's successor when people realized he needed to go. It's enough to look at a man's performance and, based solely on its merits, to determine he needs to go.

For the ones that want Watson gone, who would you like to see as the new OC and explain why?

Yeah, this is the thing... I have no idea. I'd hope that Osborne or Pelini would have an idea, but I don't know.

I'm not fully on the "Fire Watson" bandwagon... My patience is wearing thin though... It's ok to have mediocre performances on offense every now and then, just none of those 6 point catastrophes, like A&M.