Cunningham and refs

The Dude

Yes Ed changed my impression of him today, called a pretty good game. The only times he was critical of the Huskers he had valid points, and he really defened Carl and Bo's charicter after the behavior last week. We may have been wrong about this guy.

To be fair, he did say that Colorado didn't decide to go to the Pac 10 until Nebraska had already left the Big 12. That kinda irked me a bit. Unless I misheard what he said.

I did get sick of him harping that Kinnie pushed off and should have been called for PI on the touchdown pass from Burkhead. They never did show a definitive replay so you could tell.

Also never showed the personal foul against Crick.

I mainly got sick of the constant promotions for the Big XII next year, good riddance ABC.

Interesting: Watching the Michigan -OSU game on ABC right now, three personal fouls on one play, and not one single replay.

I did get sick of him harping that Kinnie pushed off and should have been called for PI on the touchdown pass from Burkhead. They never did show a definitive replay so you could tell.

Also never showed the personal foul against Crick.

I mainly got sick of the constant promotions for the Big XII next year, good riddance ABC.

Interesting: Watching the Michigan -OSU game on ABC right now, three personal fouls on one play, and not one single replay.

I also noticed that he did a TON of back peddling after that no call. Saying that Kinnie did what they teach and to hide any push off. My wife said he better be careful or he might trip he is back peddling so fast.

Who ever is running the truck for ABC does not need to comeback next year. Every time something controversial happens, great catch/no catch or a penalty we are lucky to see one replay of it. It's not just our games either it seems like every game I watch on ABC has the same issue. It really gets frustrating because it feels like you're missing half the game. At the stadium you can see the whole field so you can at least get a glimpse of something, but when you're locked in by the camera it sure would be nice to actually see what happened or get a second angle on it.

I think Cunningham did a decent job calling the game, but just because you officiaed a spring game doesn't make you an all knowing head official. He really needs to get off his high hourse on officiating and simply hold the officials accountable for their calls/no calls, not the players. No one on ESPN/ABC does that and I think it can be an issue. When you watch the SEC on CBS they will flat out say that it was a terrible call or let you know when something wasn't right.

Who ever is running the truck for ABC does not need to comeback next year. Every time something controversial happens, great catch/no catch or a penalty we are lucky to see one replay of it. It's not just our games either it seems like every game I watch on ABC has the same issue. It really gets frustrating because it feels like you're missing half the game. At the stadium you can see the whole field so you can at least get a glimpse of something, but when you're locked in by the camera it sure would be nice to actually see what happened or get a second angle on it.

I agree...don't these guys get good money to produce a football game? Yet, when they should be showing a replay, they are too busy with the crowd shot of the fat (and/or retarded) CU fan, or the unfortunate looking CU cheerleaders.