Fair Catch Interference?

Mosskid84

Here's the deal, did they call some penalties that were questionable, yes. It went both ways in this game, but the thing we did that they couldn't take away............was score points! We HAVE to score enough points so those flags don't matter. Did you see the smile on Crick's face after his personal foul call......I haven't seen the video, but he knew it was B.S. Score points and the refs don't matter.

Rex never called a fair catch. That's why he didn't protest when the kid bounced into him, and why Rex himself looked a little confused.

That was a weird play. But I'm almost positive he never even waved his hand in the air, and wasn't actually intending to call fair catch.

Then why didn't Rex keep running? He was never once down by contact? The play just...ended, with him standing there.

Rex never called a fair catch. That's why he didn't protest when the kid bounced into him, and why Rex himself looked a little confused.

That was a weird play. But I'm almost positive he never even waved his hand in the air, and wasn't actually intending to call fair catch.

Then why didn't Rex keep running? He was never once down by contact? The play just...ended, with him standing there.

i don't have any video to look at but did the whistle blow before the kid made contact or when did it blow?

Here's the deal, did they call some penalties that were questionable, yes. It went both ways in this game, but the thing we did that they couldn't take away............was score points! We HAVE to score enough points so those flags don't matter. Did you see the smile on Crick's face after his personal foul call......I haven't seen the video, but he knew it was B.S. Score points and the refs don't matter.

Was it really on Crick? I was at the game and I thought he was on the sidelines on that play. It looked like Pierre Allen wa getting into it with a o-lineman and they threw the flag in that area, so I thought they got the number wrong. I haven't seen the replay of the game yet so I'm not totally sure, but after they called the penalty, I looked at our DTs and saw T-Moore and Thad on the field, but I'm not sure though, I haven't seen any replays of it, just what I saw happening on the field. :dunno

I thought it was because they whistled it dead. It was a strange play...I dunno. I was at the game, so I never saw any replays besides what they showed on the tron. I did not see him wave for fair catch. Who knows?

I thought it was because they whistled it dead. It was a strange play...I dunno. I was at the game, so I never saw any replays besides what they showed on the tron. I did not see him wave for fair catch. Who knows?

I don't know what happened either. All I know is that Rex caught the ball, got popped, and then just kinda stood there and threw the ball to the ref. I'm not even sure if a whistle blew whatsoever, but if it did it was after the hit.

I recall them saying on the Husker broadcast (not ABC) that he didn't signal properly. It was a strange play.

I recall them saying on the Husker broadcast (not ABC) that he didn't signal properly. It was a strange play.

Than they should have played it out, you don't just let a guy make a hit on a defenseless player, if Rex didn't signal properly than that is his fault, but you either stop it for the fair catch and throw the flag or allow the play to continue.