Taking a knee on a return...

Ok, I know some mentioned in the gameday thread something about not having a blocking team out there, but damn. I've never seen anyone take the ball, run 15 yards, then take a knee. Anyone have any other theories on this one? I'm still baffled that a player couldn't at least run it till he at least gets tackled.

Well we were set to receive an onside kick and they kicked it deep. Half their team was probably coming at him full speed since nobody was there to block and rather than risk fumbling the ball getting tackled by a guy running full speed, he decided to take the knee while we had the lead than risk letting them back into the game.

Ok, I know some mentioned in the gameday thread something about not having a blocking team out there, but damn. I've never seen anyone take the ball, run 15 yards, then take a knee. Anyone have any other theories on this one? I'm still baffled that a player couldn't at least run it till he at least gets tackled.

Because in the game thread they were correct. The guys out there are not the guys you want trying to throw blocks in that situation(against their KO unit). It also lessens the chances of some blowhard throwing out a cheap shot hurting one of the Huskers.

Remember 4/5 of the starting secondary is out there as well as NU's two healthies running threats. It was the right decision. And I am sure it was ordered by Bo if they did kick it deep instead of onsiding it, to take the knee.

Marlowe did the right thing. We had our hands team out there and they did little after the ball got kicked deep when it comes to blocking the other team. When Marlowe got a chance to look at his blocks being set up he realized nobody had actually blocked anyone really. He simply didn't want to get ran over by a guy coming at him full force.