Win = Fiesta....Loss = ?

HANC

Evidently Cotton is pretty high on the loser of OU/OSU tonight. A&M probably to Holiday and us to Alamo, probably . . . maybe not even against a Pac-10 school. The Pac-10, curiously, only has three bowl eligible teams: Oregon, Stanford, and Arizona. USC is 7-4 but can't go to a bowl. California (vs. Washington), Arizona State (@Arizona), and Oregon State (vs. Oregon) can earn eligibility with wins.

I think our best bowl scenarios are

1) v West Virginia in Fiesta (obviously)

2) v Arkansas or Alabama in Cotton

3) v Stanford in Alamo (Stanford more likely to be BCS bound now though)

4) v Michigan in Insight

Big question mark is what happens if we are in line for the Alamo with Arizona...then we get bumped down to Insight probably. That's not completely awful though because we would play a Big 10 team.

I like the Big Ten bowl tie-ins better.

Rose Bowl - Pasadena, CA

Capital One Bowl - Orlando, FL

Outback Bowl - Tampa, FL

Gator Bowl - Jacksonville, FL

*Insight Bowl - Tempe, AZ

*Texas Bowl - Houston, TX

*TicketCity Bowl - Dallas, TX

Little Caesar's Bowl - Detroit, MI

Askterisks are also Big 12 bowl tie-ins.

The nice thing about making the Big Ten CCG in future years is the possibility that even if you lose in the CCG, you could still end up in the Rose Bowl assuming the Big Ten champ is BCS national championship bound.

I've heard the Insight stories and while it makes some sense to avoid an Arizona rematch, would we really be the one to get moved down? I could see the Alamo taking us one last time since we wouldn't be available anymore unless they got back their Big 10 alliance. And I don't really see a huge issue with a rematch.

Don't count the Big 12 out of a 2nd BCS game, but it wouldn't be us. Probably A&M or Missouri. My opinion is that it's the Alamo or Insight, and not the Cotton or BCS bowl, and we wouldn't drop as far as the Holiday Bowl.

If we lose the conference championship, annnny way we get Boise State? I'd love to see our secondary shut down Moore, which I think they would.

No, in the likely event they don't get a BCS bowl, they'll either play a MAC team in the Humanitarian Bowl in Boise, or a Pac 10 team in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl in SF. The only other WAC bowl tie-in is the New Mexico Bowl. Maybe there's some possible way they'd be able to take a bowl game some bigger conference can't fill that matches up with the Big 12, but that would be a low bowl that we won't be in.

The only slim chance is that there are some more upsets, and the Orange takes a Big East team, and the Fiesta takes Boise as an at large team. Real slim.

Who would want to see a rematch of last year's 33-0 drubbing? Certainly not me, and I'm sure Alamo Bowl officials aren't keen on that idea, either. Also, I can see why Cotton Bowl officials would pick A&M over Nebraska, but why the heck would they take the loser of Oklahoma-Oklahoma St. instead of Nebraska? Makes no sense whatsoever.

CBS just released its updated bowl projections... they predict the Big 12 Champion vs. Stanford in the Fiesta, and the Big 12 CCG loser vs. the LSU-Arkansas loser in the Cotton. Hopefully it's just that simple. I'd love to get a crack at LSU if we don't make the Fiesta.

I said in other threads and posts that I think Stanford will end up in Fiesta Bowl.... I hope we win the Big 12, but I do agree that the Stanford - NU match up isn't a great match up for NU...... great power running game and great passer... , but I'll take that match up if it means Bebee has to hand off that f'n trophy to Bo.

LSU in Cotton is okay.... Bo vs old team, but after going to Dallas for Big 12 and losing, if the Cotton is fall-back, not certain many people would jump right back on road to travel to a "not so vacation hot spot".....

If we lose, more fans will travel to San Antonio, San Diego, and/or Tiempe for Insight bowl. Plus, players would probably enjoy any of those three destinations more than Dallas twice in less than a month. Plus, the Cotton is on Jan. 7.....so much for "family" trips that many, many Husker fans take with children. Kids back in school...I know it is a Friday night, but the fun of bowl games are the days leading up to...the events 1-2 days prior.

God, hope it isn't Cotton

Just win, and no worries

listening to the KU/MU game today, apparently an orange bowl representative was there?...and the MU guys were talking like that might be where they are headed?...couldn't help thinking the Orange Bowl doesn't want MU to show up with 6,000 fans.... or they should go not winning or playing in the CCG or beating us who is going to CCG, but I dont get all this bcs stuff all that well. maybe they go cause the are ranked higher...still seems off to me...

listening to the KU/MU game today, apparently an orange bowl representative was there?...and the MU guys were talking like that might be where they are headed?...couldn't help thinking the Orange Bowl doesn't want MU to show up with 6,000 fans.... or they should go not winning or playing in the CCG or beating us who is going to CCG, but I dont get all this bcs stuff all that well. maybe they go cause the are ranked higher...still seems off to me...

The Orange Bowl is a BCS bowl. Missouri has ZERO chance of going there, period.