Win = Fiesta....Loss = ?

HANC

listening to the KU/MU game today, apparently an orange bowl representative was there?...and the MU guys were talking like that might be where they are headed?...couldn't help thinking the Orange Bowl doesn't want MU to show up with 6,000 fans.... or they should go not winning or playing in the CCG or beating us who is going to CCG, but I dont get all this bcs stuff all that well. maybe they go cause the are ranked higher...still seems off to me...

The Orange Bowl is a BCS bowl. Missouri has ZERO chance of going there, period.

The projection on collegebcs.com has Missouri going there, so someone thinks differently. They will likely be eligible for a BCS bowl. Look at the Orange Bowl's choices:

- Stanford. If they don't want a team showing up with 6000 fans, Stanford is your team. They'll bring 4,000.

- Big East champ. If WVU makes it, they'll bring more fans, but they aren't much of a prize. UConn? Don't see it.

- Big 12 team. Who would that be? A&M, loser of Bedlam, loser of the CCG, or Missouri are the possibilities. Any of them are better choices than the Big East champ.

listening to the KU/MU game today, apparently an orange bowl representative was there?...and the MU guys were talking like that might be where they are headed?...couldn't help thinking the Orange Bowl doesn't want MU to show up with 6,000 fans.... or they should go not winning or playing in the CCG or beating us who is going to CCG, but I dont get all this bcs stuff all that well. maybe they go cause the are ranked higher...still seems off to me...

The projection on collegebcs.com has Missouri going there, so someone thinks differently. They will likely be eligible for a BCS bowl. Look at the Orange Bowl's choices:

- Stanford. If they don't want a team showing up with 6000 fans, Stanford is your team. They'll bring 4,000.

- Big East champ. If WVU makes it, they'll bring more fans, but they aren't much of a prize. UConn? Don't see it.

- Big 12 team. Who would that be? A&M, loser of Bedlam, loser of the CCG, or Missouri are the possibilities. Any of them are better choices than the Big East champ.

ESPN has projected VT at #16 as orange bowl bound. MU is #14,/15 in the polls. still Orange wont want them, they dont travel well at all. they would die for NU lose or win CCG.

ESPN has projected VT at #16 as orange bowl bound. MU is #14,/15 in the polls. still Orange wont want them, they dont travel well at all. they would die for NU lose or win CCG.

You have got to be sh!tty me.....If the Orange Bowl would select MU over NU if we lose the CCG I will be pissed....but, isn't there a stipulation that you have to be in the top 15 to be eligible for the BCS? If that is the case, if we will prob. be about 11th headed into next week and if we lose, out of the top 15, and MU will be inside the top 15.

If they get Miami and we get Dallas, I will Sh!t

You have got to be sh!tty me.....If the Orange Bowl would select MU over NU if we lose the CCG I will be pissed....but, isn't there a stipulation that you have to be in the top 15 to be eligible for the BCS? If that is the case, if we will prob. be about 11th headed into next week and if we lose, out of the top 15, and MU will be inside the top 15.

I think the Orange has to take a top 14 team. if we lose we would probably be out...precisely why Dr. Tom never wanted a big 12 ccg....you might be much better off losing the north, playing 1 less game, get healthy and get a better bowl...go figure.

another reason to skip the preseason and CCG and just have a playoff. all this bowl stuff is crap...until MU gets left at the alter by the orange bowl and gets to go to the las vegas bowl on Dec. 19 to play UNLV or something! ha ha ha ha

I think the Orange has to take a top 14 team. if we lose we would probably be out...precisely why Dr. Tom never wanted a big 12 ccg....you might be much better off losing the north, playing 1 less game, get healthy and get a better bowl...go figure.

another reason to skip the preseason and CCG and just have a playoff. all this bowl stuff is crap...until MU gets left at the alter by the orange bowl and gets to go to the las vegas bowl on Dec. 19 to play UNLV or something! ha ha ha ha

Let me repeat myself... Missouri has ZERO chance of going to the Orange Bowl. If they do, I will get my Nebraska tattoo scrubbed off with a wire brush. The only reason VT is being penciled in is because they are expected to win the ACC.

Let me repeat myself... Missouri has ZERO chance of going to the Orange Bowl. If they do, I will get my Nebraska tattoo scrubbed off with a wire brush. The only reason VT is being penciled in is because they are expected to win the ACC.

You can repeat yourself all you want, but that's not a fact. Don't represent it like it is. I doubt it will happen but it could.

LSU loses, which clarifies things some more. Stanford, if they win, likely goes to #4 unless Wisconsin passes them, which is possible. Stanford at #4 guarantees them a spot, so assuming the Sugar takes Arkansas and Ohio State, that forces the Orange to choose between Stanford and the Big East champ. The Fiesta gets the one they don't take.

I would have to say the Orange Bowl would likely take the Big East Champ. That would make the most sense (and cents for that matter) for everybody involved. Stanford fans wouldn't travel to Miami, and Connecticut/Pitt/WVU fans wouldn't travel to Arizona. The opposite scenario works better for everybody and creates much better match ups.

LSU loses, which clarifies things some more. Stanford, if they win, likely goes to #4 unless Wisconsin passes them, which is possible. Stanford at #4 guarantees them a spot, so assuming the Sugar takes Arkansas and Ohio State, that forces the Orange to choose between Stanford and the Big East champ. The Fiesta gets the one they don't take.

I would have to say the Orange Bowl would likely take the Big East Champ. That would make the most sense (and cents for that matter) for everybody involved. Stanford fans wouldn't travel to Miami, and Connecticut/Pitt/WVU fans wouldn't travel to Arizona. The opposite scenario works better for everybody and creates much better match ups.

The problem is no BCS bowl wants an 8-4 team in their bowl so with the fiesta bowl picking last we will almost certainly play big east school regaurdless of how well teams travel.

You can repeat yourself all you want, but that's not a fact. Don't represent it like it is. I doubt it will happen but it could.

Man, get real. Mizzou will go to the Holiday or Insight.

The problem is no BCS bowl wants an 8-4 team in their bowl so with the fiesta bowl picking last we will almost certainly play big east school regaurdless of how well teams travel.

Well, WVU is a 3-loss team, not 4... if UConn loses, the Orange would likely take WVU over Stanford.

Whatever. I used to get annoyed at people taking guesses at bowl matchups without having any real clue as to how they worked. Now I see how they get confused with others throwing around FACT and ZERO chance for things that could happen, at least before the LSU loss.

Yea no kidding, anybody that thought Mizzou would go to a BCS bowl. Must be pissing black and yellow.

Lets look at atlarge teams ranked AHEAD of Mizzou and prob travels better as fans.....

Stanford

Ohio State (assuming Wisconsin has already locked up Rose Bowl)

Michigan State

LSU

TCU

Arkansas

You could even throw in the Okie Lite/Ou loser.

It is my understanding that Big East champ goes to the fiesta. The reason they are the weakest of BCS AQ and the fiesta picks last. Unless UConn screws the pooch, this is where they are going. I could see the WVU/VT matchup happening.... BUT WVU needs UConn to lose. Stanford is more than likely going to the Orange Bowl as they would be the highest ranked at large team. Ohio State goes to the Sugar.