Win = Fiesta....Loss = ?

HANC

Obviously, everyone (well at least the Husker fans) on the board is dying for NU to win the Big 12 and let Bebee hand the FINAL trophy to Bo and Tom....and if this is the case, Fiesta here we come.

But, as a person who tries to attend as many NU bowl games as possible, does anyone have info. concerning where NU may end up if we come up short next weekend?

I know Cotton gets first choice, but will they pass on NU like last year and take AM or OU/OSU.. if I read other posts correctly, does the insight bowl pick before the Alamo and Holiday?

Alamo would probably pass on NU if they take Arizona (bowls don't like rematches) and if they can get Stoops vs Stoops. Will Holiday invite NU back 2 years in a row? I would, plus I want to go to back to San Diego, IF I don't get to go back to Tiempe.

Local paper (Omaha) usually has a pretty good bowl anaylysis by now, but haven't printed on yet.

I'd say it's either the Cotton or the Holiday. I'd be willing to bet the Cotton though.

texas A&M will get the cotton

You think so? I guess I can see it giving the proximity to their university. That way the Cotton doesn't have to worry about traveling fans and how many will actually show up. Who would be our opponent in the Holiday Bowl then?

Hey, way off topic, but I just noticed that I reached 1500 posts !!!

Where do I pick up my prize?

I am hoping that this whole bowl thing gets sorted out early in the week. I usually get hotel rooms in both cities, then cancel.... I like killing time making travel arrangements to two different destinations.

I'd say it's either the Cotton or the Holiday. I'd be willing to bet the Cotton though.

You think so? I guess I can see it giving the proximity to their university. That way the Cotton doesn't have to worry about traveling fans and how many will actually show up. Who would be our opponent in the Holiday Bowl then?

A middle of the road Pac 10 team, most likely... maybe Cal? But why not the Insight Bowl against a good Big 10 team, as a preview to next year? I would think they'd pick Nebraska over another Big 12 team, considering NU's past history in Tempe.

A middle of the road Pac 10 team, most likely... maybe USC? But why not the Insight Bowl?

USC isn't bowl eligible this year because of NCAA sanctions.

A middle of the road Pac 10 team, most likely... maybe USC? But why not the Insight Bowl?

If we go to the insight.com bowl I might go nuts. We are a much better team than that.

• Fire 1

If we go to the insight.com bowl I might go nuts. We are a much better team than that.

Well remember, Insight has more prestige than Holiday this year. If NU loses next week, I think Cotton would take A&M, Alamo would take the OU or OSU loser (to avoid an NU rematch vs. Arizona), and Insight would take NU. I, for one, am hoping for a Fiesta Bowl game vs. WVU.

Well remember, Insight has more prestige this year. Other than the BCS bowls, the Insight has the 2nd most prestige, behind the Cotton (who will likely take A&M).

I think I just have a bad taste in my mouth about them from past 6 win or 7 win teams going to that bowl. Honestly don't know alot about the bowls after Cotton, Alamo, and Holiday.

Well remember, Insight has more prestige this year. Other than the BCS bowls, the Insight has the 2nd most prestige, behind the Cotton (who will likely take A&M).

I think I just have a bad taste in my mouth about them from past 6 win or 7 win teams going to that bowl. Honestly don't know alot about the bowls after Cotton, Alamo, and Holiday.

The Insight Bowl renegotiated their TV contract, raised the payouts and moved up in pecking order. Here's the article from Ubben's blog awhile back:

Iowa State coach Paul Rhoads said his team's Insight Bowl win over Minnesota, which capped a 7-6 season, "legitimized" the program. The first bowl win for the Cyclones since 2004, it was no doubt a big moment for Rhoads' program -- in his first season as a head coach, no less.

But unless you had NFL Network, you didn't see a second of it.

No more. The Insight Bowl has moved to ESPN and slides up in the selection order, bringing a more attractive matchup to Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, Ariz.

It moved ahead of the Holiday Bowl, and can now pick the No. 3 team in the Big 12 after the BCS selects its bowl participants. It will rotate with the Gator Bowl in selecting the No. 3 or No. 4 team in the Big Ten. Participants will also earn $6.65 million, the most in the bowl's history. (Note: Not per player.*)

The game is slated for 10 p.m. ET, which might be a little late for the Midwestern folk, but at least a few Big 12 fans will be watching their team play for the last time in awhile. I don't foresee that being a problem.

LINK