Nebraska vs. Oklahoma

Landry Jones threw the ball 60+ times last night. If they try that aginst our secondary it could be a very long night for Landry.

My thoughts exactly.

To me, this really comes down to which offense shows up on Saturday for Nebraska. If Jones throws the ball 60ish times and if our defense comes even semi-prepared, I think we will do well against OU's offense. Their offensive line hasn't been playing great this year, Jones is about as inconsistent as my sleep schedule, and their running game is really nothing to brag about this year. They have a great corp of wide receivers, but we probably have the best defensive back field they will see all year.

As far as our offense is concerned, we shouldn't be surprised if we have a low scoring game regardless of who the quarterback is. We need now, arguably more than at any other point this season, for our offensive line to play it's best game of the year. It all starts up front, and if they're knocking guys off the ball like they did against Colorado, I think we should be just fine.

All this said, at least 10 of 12 Big 12 schools will be pulling for Oklahoma to win this game. Colorado probably won't even care to watch it. From Beebe all the way down to his coffee runner, very few if any people associated with the Big 12 offices (including referees) wants the program that is leaving the conference (and almost cost everyone a job) to leave with the trophy. Expect no favors and expect plenty of calls to go against us.

I don't have a great feeling about this game. If this were just a regular conference game on a neutral field, I'd feel pretty good about it. But, given the implications, I'm worried. I think Nebraska has the better team and should win, but I have my reservations over whether or not we will. Our guys just have to play and play smart. They can't control anything else.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

We all have confidence the Blackshirts will play a solid game, and rightfully so. This defense is built to stop the Sooner offense (see: NU v OU 2009), and they've hit their stride at just the right time over the last three weeks. No doubt the CCG will be the culmination of our D's efforts.

Unlike the consistently dominant play of the Blackshirts, our offense must come out firing on all cylinders. This is a very inconsistent offensive unit, one that hasn't put together two straight strong outings all season, which is definitely cause for concern since we're just coming off a solid performance vs CU. So, I think it's clear this game depends largely on what offense will show up come Saturday.

• Fire 1

Nebraska and Oklahoma have a lot in common this year. You never know what you're going to get with either one of them. OU could look like the team that got manhandled against Mizzou, they could look like the team that nearly got beat after cruising to the finish against Texas, or they could look like the best team in America like they did against Florida State. Nebraska fumbles a lot. OU throws a lot of INT's. This game could either turn into a track meet, or it could turn into a defensive battle. For Nebraska to win, I think we have to get some turnovers and possibly a defensive score. For OU to win, they have to stop our running game with their front four.

Nebraska and Oklahoma have a lot in common this year. You never know what you're going to get with either one of them. OU could look like the team that got manhandled against Mizzou, they could look like the team that nearly got beat after cruising to the finish against Texas, or they could look like the best team in America like they did against Florida State. Nebraska fumbles a lot. OU throws a lot of INT's. This game could either turn into a track meet, or it could turn into a defensive battle. For Nebraska to win, I think we have to get some turnovers and possibly a defensive score. For OU to win, they have to stop our running game with their front four.

Yep, OU's defense = NU's offense.....wildly inconsistent. Who knows who will show up?

Totally agree that anything is possible with this game. Sure wish we had a healthy Tmart though....

This game is huge. I know the defense will show up and do their thing, however the offense will likely be what we have scene since the 2nd half of Missouri no reason to think it will change now (abysmal). We are going to need to win the field position game. We need the defense or special teams to score a TD and hopefully the offense can eek out 12 pts and I think we win. However, if our offense cant move the ball at all we are going to be in serious trouble.

There is so much riding on this game, one of these has to bounce our way soon enough. My prediction is this one won't. There is so much to play for here but between our lack of offense, assurd refing bias', supposed nuetral field that wont be, and the colossal wieght of the task at hand our offense will be penalty ridden with false starts, holding calls and illegal formations. Too much to overcome. OU 21 NU 9.

Last year we beat an OU team at home with a new qb in Landry Jones. What was OU's final record? Anyway they are 10-2 right now and improved. We won that game by getting a key turnover at the 1 and then their kicker missed multiple field goals. (or did we block one and he missed another). We also had some picks. Our defense is probably playing better right now than they were last season at that time (certainly not worse) but our offense is still a question mark. We're also missing Niles. This could get ugly if our defense has to adjust early on.

OSU's defense stinks. Bad. So Bedlam didn't really concern me. Bo should have us ready to play so we'll just see what happens.

I predicted a loss in the contest crib because without a healthy QB we will have a tough time putting up points. I also expect the refs to do their thing for the Big 12. So this game could get ugly.

I think Stoops knows we will not score a lot on OU so he is going to take some chances in the passing game...a couple TD passes may be all it takes. We have to put pressure on Jones and make him uncomfortable...but I expect OU will move the pocket and put some of those QB runs in there that TX used against us effectively. Then when we figure that out Jones can hit the short passes well. The Blackshirts have to be opportunistic and win turnovers.

I expect OU will stack against us to try to take away running game. QB and WR's must put it all together...no dropped balls.

How do we win? Effective running behind a good game from the O-Line. A defensive score and special teams score would be huge. We must pass the ball and make big catches in key situations. Win turnover battle.

I predicted a loss in the contest crib because without a healthy QB we will have a tough time putting up points. I also expect the refs to do their thing for the Big 12. So this game could get ugly.

I think Stoops knows we will not score a lot on OU so he is going to take some chances in the passing game...a couple TD passes may be all it takes. We have to put pressure on Jones and make him uncomfortable...but I expect OU will move the pocket and put some of those QB runs in there that TX used against us effectively. Then when we figure that out Jones can hit the short passes well. The Blackshirts have to be opportunistic and win turnovers.

I expect OU will stack against us to try to take away running game. QB and WR's must put it all together...no dropped balls.

How do we win? Effective running behind a good game from the O-Line. A defensive score and special teams score would be huge. We must pass the ball and make big catches in key situations. Win turnover battle.

It will be very interesting to see what we can do without Niles in this game. His mere presence on the outside would alter OU's approach to this game. Without the need to worry about him, it becomes that much more important that our WRs step up as viable threats to their secondary.

So basically we have to play a perfect game. One that we have not played all year. I agree. I just dont see why we magically have it all come together this week when it hasnt at any point during this season. Hopefully i am eating crow saturday night.

The biggest concern I have about this game is it has a lot of similarities to the Texas game. This is our supposed redemption for last year just like the Texas game was. We all know how well we came out and played that game. This is the game where we're to show the Big 12. This is the game where we go out and take their trophy before riding off to the Big 10. I'm afraid the stakes might be too high and we'll play too tight to take this one. There's a reason OU has won so many of these trophies in the past.

The biggest concern I have about this game is it has a lot of similarities to the Texas game. This is our supposed redemption for last year just like the Texas game was. We all know how well we came out and played that game. This is the game where we're to show the Big 12. This is the game where we go out and take their trophy before riding off to the Big 10. I'm afraid the stakes might be too high and we'll play too tight to take this one. There's a reason OU has won so many of these trophies in the past.

Valid point. But, there is one big difference between this game and the Texas game - we're the underdogs, not the favorites. Plus, this is essentially a road game with everything on the line, much unlike the Texas game. Different circumstances, different build up, one goal - WIN.