Lydon Murtha

Redman

I wouldn't be surprised to see Murtha start against ISU. I think there will be some changes in the next 2 weeks.

I hope you're right...I mean, it isn't like we can really go backwards on offense. Oh wait, we COULD, and wipe out our all-important 1 TD, but that should hardly be enough in two weeks.

Actually that is the funny thing about Lydon. Hes pretty small for his height for an o lineman, and he has been under his suggested weight by the coaching staff since he got here, which may be part of the reason it has taken him so long to see the field. He is always talking about how the coaches just want him to lose his six pack, and how hes not going to do it. He is one cut dude. To goofy to take seriously though.

I have no problem with Murtha starting over C. Thomas. Anyone who has read my comments about thomas knows I have been bitching about his play since the first quarter against Maine. Thomas in the lineup kills the offense. Him and Phillips both do. I wish the coaches hadn't switched Tomerline to DE and had kept him as TE so that Phillips can be benched. I will be happy when Phillips gets benched because he is 1 of 3 problems on the offense. One was C Thomas, the other Phillips, and the third being Seppo. Both C Thomas and Seppo have been grading out between between 50-60% according to someone from Huskerpedia who attended a Big Red Breakfest hosting Dennis Wagner. Dennis Wagner explained that anything above 90% grading is consisdered going above and beyond your job as an offensive lineman. Anything less then 80% means you are doing your job and nothing else, while anything less then 75% means you are missing blocks and don't know your assignments.