It is official

I am I

Per--HuskerExtra at LJS

---Nebraska tight end Ben Cotton said Tony Jerod-Eddie was “just trying to find his way to the football.”

The comment drew laughter from a group of reporters.

Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe felt Cotton was serious.

Beebe, in a telephone conversation with the Journal Star, said he didn’t characterize a Nov. 20 play involving Cotton and Jerod-Eddie of Texas A&M the same way that many people are.

What many Nebraska fans and others across the nation saw was Jerod-Eddie jabbing Ben Cotton between his legs while Cotton, at the bottom of a pile of players, was recovering a fumble.

“Well, if you think it was that, we’ll just have to disagree,” Beebe said. “I don’t think it was in that manner. And didn’t the Nebraska player say he was just trying to get to the ball?”

Yes.

“Yeah,” Beebe said.

When asked why Texas A&M coach Mike Sherman then felt the need to say Jerod-Eddie was “remorseful,” Beebe responded by saying how the Big 12 reviews many plays in football games and will privately handle some matters with athletic directors or coaches, telling them they need to pay attention to particular play or actions by some players.

Beebe wouldn’t confirm or deny if that was the case with Jerod-Eddie, who’s not been punished publicly.-----

I have jumped on the conspiracy bandwagon to soothe my aching heart against the losses and penalties this year. But now, seriously...I know Beebe hated Nebraska from the jump but this seems like a bad dream. I'm not calling for death threats but maybe an official investigation to see if there is some paper trail of evidence to conclude that the B12 front office was truly conspiring against us.

There was an article posted in the "beebe comments on the Jerod-Eddie incidnet" as well as posted in its own thread. The article states it is a big 12 and ncaa rule that the school report these types of things. The article also mentions the Iowa State player attempting to tear Rex's head off. There is an actual rule that says these plays must be investicated, the facgt that the commish, is so nonschalant about it really bothers me.

I agree, but in a week we will no longer be burdened with this on the football side of the house. The fact that he did nothing after suspending Eric Martin is what irks me the most.

+1 couldn't agree more, he called Martin's hit vicious. Vicious actions were taken twice against the huskers and he did nothing, and Martin's actually happened durring a play the two that went against us happened after the whistle. It is an obvious an complete double standard.

After reading that article in the Utah paper I'm now looking to the NCAA to act ... you'd think they want to at least talk to Mr. Beebe about his "It would be easy to make a team lose all its conference games" statement. How easy is it Don and what have you done to prevent that?

As someone pointed out before in a previous thread, the NCAA won't take the time to investigate. If what we're hearing about Auburn is true, the NCAA has much, much, much, much bigger fish to fry

You know how people say if a guy was on fire they wouldn't piss on him to put it out? Well... if Dan Beebee were on fire I would seriously have to consider pissing on him to put him out. Think about it... you get to piss on the guy, be a hero for putting the fire out, and he's still messed up... win win win. Jerk

• Fire 2

This Saturday is their last chance. If they're out to get us, we'll find out then. Otherwise, enough with the conspiracy theories as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't matter. We're moving to another conference, and the last thing we need to do is show up there with a chip on our shoulder. New, fresh start. Let's focus on a positive outlook instead of a pessimistic history!

• Fire 1