Stewart Mandel's Bowl Projections (11/29)

Nexus

Link doesn't work, here it is on SI

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/stewart_mandel/11/28/bcs.bowl.projections/index.html

kyzej.png

The more I've thought about it the more it makes sense for the Orange Bowl to take the Big East champ over Stanford for geographic reasons and the chatter that Stanford's fan base doesn't travel well. So in that scenario the Fiesta Bowl would be logical.

Bringing up our losing CCG scenario again, it looks like A&M is a shoe in for the Cotton and I still think the Alamo takes OSU over us. But look who's projected to be bid into the Insight from the Big 10...I would not complain about playing Iowa in that scenario.

The funniest possibility in this is Boise's fall from knocking on the NCG doorstep to playing a team that just fired their head coach in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl. Ridiculous bowl for a ridiculous team I guess.

i would love to play stanford. another highly touted qb that Bo and the Blackshirts could humble.

anywho, the fiesta has the last pick. and traveling and whatnot aside, i think the view of the big east across the country is such a negative that no one is going to willingly pick their 'champion.' far bigger factors at play. plus, we gotta beat the Sooners first!

I know one thing for sure (110%), Mizzou will be stuck in a crappy bowl again and there fans/AD/governor will bitch and moan about it. To that I say, travel better and have fun in the Texas 10.

As for NU, I think if West Virginia or UCONN win the Big East then they are Orange bowl bound. If it is Pitt then I think the bowls will have some thinking to do.

All we need to know is that if we win we are :bigredn: !!!!

Mandel is the only national honk that I've seen predict a Husker win on Saturday. I guess we are a dog for the first time this year, so it makes sense.

A Stanford matchup would be great, I remember how people thought Jake Locker was the next big thing until we shut him down. It would be sweet for our defense to go up against Andrew Luck. Apprantly he is now the best QB prospect since Elway....