College-Aged board members

What are you hoping to get for x-mas? My daughter is a freshman at UNO, lives in a "dorm" roon on campus and pretty much doesn't want or need much. I always pride myself on getting her really good gifts that are practical, but also desired. This year I am stumped. I realized that she is a girl and most of you are probably male, but what do you want this x-mas? I am down to gas and food gift cards, but that seems so unfun.

What are you hoping to get for x-mas? My daughter is a freshman at UNO, lives in a "dorm" roon on campus and pretty much doesn't want or need much. I always pride myself on getting her really good gifts that are practical, but also desired. This year I am stumped. I realized that she is a girl and most of you are probably male, but what do you want this x-mas? I am down to gas and food gift cards, but that seems so unfun.

iPad...they're putting textbooks on them these days...practical and fun.

:facepalm:

:facepalm:

What?

What kind of money are you looking to spend, krc1995?

$300

I bought her a laptop last year, although I think the IPad looks so cool, i'm not really thinking of spending that much. I am thinking of a $300 gift card to bestbuy so she can buy a new tv. She only has a 13 inch right now.

I am not college age...but...thought of one idea for you. Does she have a popcorn popper? Just thought it would be nice to have so when she gets the munchies. I would think that there must be a pop and juice machine somewhere in her dorm to wash the popcorn down.

This is sad, but I didn't even know they still had poppers. I thought it was done via microwave- a popper is a great idea.

When you say "dorms" do you mean the apartment style ones? I lived there before I transferred to UNL.

Anyway,you can't go wrong with a TV. A good quality iPod dock is one of the best gifts I've gotten since I can remember, Bose makes really good ones with incredible sound quality if she's big into music.

$300

I bought her a laptop last year, although I think the IPad looks so cool, i'm not really thinking of spending that much. I am thinking of a $300 gift card to bestbuy so she can buy a new tv. She only has a 13 inch right now.

A tv would be a good idea, but man you should have posted this thread a week ago so you could have taken advantage of the black friday deals! Still, you could find a cheaper brand 32" for just at or slightly above $300 if you look hard. Refurbished is an option too.

$300

Not sure about everyone else, but I did not watch a ton of TV at all. Always better things to do, and for my TV fix there is Hulu, or all the other websites that show TV shows online for free after a small delay. Watching on the computer is more convenient anyway.

Have you considered a Kindle? (or equivalent, I haven't investigated the differences much). Could be a very nice present. In lieu of an iPad, an iPod Touch perhaps, if she doesn't have something like that. Another electronics option is the Flip Camcorder.