A thread griping about Alex Henery's snub

t_husker

of all the strange this year this may be the worst. I think this board at least tries at times to set aside the Kool Aid and tell it like it is, I'm sure that at least some posts would explain the issue, instead the best we can find in "touchbacks", at least we try to understand. I can't figure out why he is not an award winner ..... he has great stats, and he is a stone cold killer in the clutch. Under 60 yards I don’t think the guy misses unless it is blocked (once) due to the line not his style. I understand that awards are for the season but we have all seen great players win awards if they have a great SR year and a great career, AKA Henry.

If an organization is formed to recognize the best Kicker and a guy like Henry never wins than the organization has a problem and what they represent is in some way tainted.

Even the BCS is like this with pre-loss Boise and TCU but that is for another thread. For one of the greats to not win is a Shame ...... Perhaps he a T. Frazier can go out and have a Drink. I assume he will be vindicated with an NFL pay check but we shall see.

"actually, mods, please put all of those statements in my thread title so that gmoose fully understands what my thoughts are so that he knows what he is clicking on."

that is a personal attack?

Nope - but you've got a lot to learn around here buddy.

like what?

Well... don't tell anyone I told you, but they have this list. It's a list sort of like the Government has for potential... disturbers of the peace. If you say something they don't like, you go on the list. And you must be careful. Very careful. Because they're watching you.

Always watching you.

• Fire 1

thanks, cheshire. i've heard about those message board lists.

now, i think i'm going to go click on the "disgusted" thread. i don't know what the poster would be disgusted about since it's not in the thread title, but i'm feeling a little crazy tonight and will take the risk. even though it is a little "annoying".

now, i think i'm going to go click on the "disgusted" thread. i don't know what the poster would be disgusted about since it's not in the thread title, but i'm feeling a little crazy tonight and will take the risk. even though it is a little "annoying".

Be careful man. You might click on something you weren't expecting, and it might set you back 4 seconds. It's a dangerous game we play.

• Fire 1

Regaurdless of who does the kick-offs he is the most accurate kicker in ncaa history. I'm going to say that again the most accurate kicker in ncaa history. The fact that he is not a finalst and on 2nd team is a complete sham. I agree I would love to see Alex break the record for longes field goal in a big 12 championship game. Just like he did last year.

...maybe in the history of the NCAA is slightly overstating it...

No, he actually is the best kicker in NCAA history.

Regaurdless of who does the kick-offs he is the most accurate kicker in ncaa history. I'm going to say that again the most accurate kicker in ncaa history. The fact that he is not a finalst and on 2nd team is a complete sham. I agree I would love to see Alex break the record for longes field goal in a big 12 championship game. Just like he did last year.

...maybe in the history of the NCAA is slightly overstating it...

No, he actually is the best kicker in NCAA history.

:yeah

^ Yep. And some numbers for it.

Alex Henery has made 88.2% of his career field goal attempts (60-of-68). The NCAA record is 87.8 percent by Florida’s Bobby Raymond. (min. 45 attempts)

Henery has made 75% of his career field goals from 40 yards or longer (21-of-28). The NCAA career record is 72.1 percent by Georgia’s Billy Bennet.

Henery has made 97.5% of his career field goals from inside 40 yards (39-of-40). The NCAA career record is 97.0 percent by Florida’s Bobby Ramond.

Henery is tied for the NCAA record with six career games with at least four field goals.

Henery has combined to make 238 of his 247 career kicks (PATs and field goals), a 96.4% accuracy rate. The NCAA FBS career record is 94.9% set by Missouri’s Jeff Wolfert.

http://huskersgameday.com/2010/11/04/alex-henery-closing-in-on-ncaa-records/

Be careful man. You might click on something you weren't expecting, and it might set you back 4 seconds. It's a dangerous game we play.

What?

i just hope his own school doesnt snub him.

realistically, he deserves to have his jersey retired as well. the team rode two peoples backs last year Suh and Alex. best kicker in NCAA history, barring an epic meltdown of some sort in the next two games. thats saying A LOT.

potentially, the program could be wary of giving him such an honor, and it all starts with the fact he's not highly regarded with what are now obvious meaningless awards.

plus, retiring jerseys in consecutive years? would this make them unwilling?

just stuff ive been pondering.

• Fire 1