2010 season a HUGE disappointment

Apathy

Not every important game: We smoked Mizzou.

The problems on this team are all on one side of the ball. The offense is not only ineffective, it is a liability. It is the worst feeling in the world when your team gets the ball and you are praying that they just won't turn it over deep in their own territory. Imagine playing D against our offense. You'd be licking your chops and coming at us like your hair was on fire because you'd know we can't do a goddamn thing.

You said it better then I could have. But that about sums it up for me as well. Great post.

Yep.

And it ain't gonna get any better next year, either.

Its crap like this that got solich fired. We just went 10-2 and lost to our decent sooner team buy 3 points. I mean thats pretty dam good. We wont get a BCS bowl but well still be bowlin. Keep your chin up.

We went 2-2 against teams that mattered. The Big XII North is a joke.

Funny that you bring up Solich. I think he deserved to be fired. But since we are now apparently relegated to beating up on weak teams and underacheiving against good teams, maybe we should bring him back

Great thoughts that would have never crossed my mind. Solich went after a new D coordinator when he was getting he behind handed to him. Will Bo do the same for the offense?

What were we 14 points from being undefeated. Yes we had some hurtful losses. All of them hurt. But as long as TM learns from his growing pains we will get better when we dont change qb'S EVERY YEAR. There are 10 other teams that wish they could have been playing tonight. Not much of a comfort but at least we were in this too the end.

GBR GBR GBR

10-3, had a chance to win every game, and could be looking at our first 11-win season since....

All while graduating Suh and breaking in a raw freshman QB.

Yeah, I'm OK with this season :) Frustrating lows and some boring games, but I'm proud of this team. Could have done better, but you can say that about anything but an undefeated season.

If we get Iowa in the Insight Bowl I think people might be singing a different tune tomorrow...still hugely disappointed about tonight of course but it's a much better prospect than yet another trip to Texas to play Arizona again. Two future rivals that petered out at the end of the season would have a shot at redemption.

10-3, had a chance to win every game, and could be looking at our first 11-win season since....

All while graduating Suh and breaking in a raw freshman QB.

Yeah, I'm OK with this season :) Frustrating lows and some boring games, but I'm proud of this team. Could have done better, but you can say that about anything but an undefeated season.

This is how I feel too. I am disappointed right now. Like I was after the UT debacle. And aTm. But six months ago if someone had said we'd end up 10-3, I would have thought that was about right.

Now, on to bigger and better things in the Big 10!

I get what HuskerJock is saying-From a record standpoint (i rummage through our pre season predictions)- it is about right. How we got here isn't. The Texas team sucked. If I was to tell you(us board members, etc..) that Iowa State and Kansas State was to beat Texas and we have them at home, I think you would be pretty optimistic about our chances of doing great things. We were fearing Washington, and a rebuilt A&M, and Okie St on the road. I was amazed that even though we lost multiple fumbles, dropped a great amount of passes, and we avoided getting blown out in any of our games. That is a big testament on how great we woulda,coulda, shoulda been. From that standpoint, we are a big failure and we (Bo would agree) did not meet our goals. Emotions about this program run very deep. I know of people who might miss work on Mondays because the loss causes that much distress. I question the offensive cords decision to get out of wildcat sometimes, but he and Bo can not play the game. Our guys need to execute and in that we failed on multiple levels in our losses. The line looked like children amongst men out there in the second half. That is an area that we will have to improve. I do not have any answers and I am sure our boys are hurting inside much more than the fan base. We pay $85 a ticket and expect a lot. Those guys are doing two a days and spending most of their best years (college) in the weight room and film analysis. Best thing we can do is go win the bowl game, and prepare to win a title in our inaugural Big 10 season. I need multiple showers and brushing my teeth to get this crap taste out of my mouth. But in a few short months, this will pass. Just another Sooner magic story to tell our grandkids someday.

We laid an egg in the game we hyped more than any in years (Redout Around the World) and failed to achieve the primary goal of the season (win the CCG) by again showing no ability to adjust in-game on offense. Zero points in the most crucial half of the season against a defense that was very average by OU standards (lower than 50th nationally I think). Watson supporters are beyond help at this point and this season was a disappointment by any reasonable definition.